2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Because of this thread and @GolferGal I started doing squats as part of my regular workout . Even though i have been regularly going to the gym for years i somehow managed to do no squats. After an evaluation by a TPI certified physical therapist i signed up for sessions. I had my 8th last night. Early on he worked in squats. Lol i cant imagine how brutal i would have been at them had i not gotten started because of @GolferGal posts about Goblet Squats which got me doing them immediately.And as weeks go by he works in more and more squat based exercises including split squats. I am absolutely seeing benefits from going to the Physical Therapist and doing golf based things.

Lower day, yesterday: Squats, Weighted back hypers, Trap bar deadlifts, Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets.

May have been my last workout for six weeks, depending upon how today goes. That's gonna blow.

So I am on week 3 of the KB Swings in my workout. I have basically been doing a 20 round EOEM with 15 swings and rest rest of minute which gives me a total of 300 swings. I think yesterday was my 9th round of doing it.

I was so tired yesterday after doing it. My body was in a lot of pain in a good way. This morning my wife took our daughter to school and went to the park. She got back to the house and it was 845 and I had fallen asleep and was taking a nap. I don't nap period let alone at 745 am on a Thursday. My body needed the extra hour though because I feel much better.

Today will be an active rest day with a 30-minute bike ride and some chipping this afternoon.

So I am on week 3 of the KB Swings in my workout. I have basically been doing a 20 round EOEM with 15 swings and rest rest of minute which gives me a total of 300 swings. I think yesterday was my 9th round of doing it.

I was so tired yesterday after doing it. My body was in a lot of pain in a good way. This morning my wife took our daughter to school and went to the park. She got back to the house and it was 845 and I had fallen asleep and was taking a nap. I don't nap period let alone at 745 am on a Thursday. My body needed the extra hour though because I feel much better.

Today will be an active rest day with a 30-minute bike ride and some chipping this afternoon.
So smart to listen to your body, it knows.

I wasn't able to make it to the gym today so I worked out with the Tempo at home instead. I did a leg workout and some kickboxing and conditioning. That kickboxing class did me in, I was SO tired after, but really glad I got it done.

Today is rest day, because I’m still gassed from BR. After it tomorrow

Shoulder day.

The best day.
It’ll be arms day tomorrow. Had to reschedule my trainer today and I was bummed, but I’m also on like 4hrs of sleep and about that daily from Sunday on

Heavy legs day yesterday at the gym and today we got our walk and bike ride in before I go to the course for an 11am tee time. Life is good.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.23.39 AM.jpeg

Well, I am won't be going to the gym again today because after having to stay home yesterday for the AC people to come and do our yearly AC maintenance, my AC stopped working last night....makes perfect sense, right?

Anyway, I am so sore from my at home workout yesterday with legs and boxing/conditioning, but am hopeful they have the AC back up and running this afternoon so I can try and get an upper body and core workout done at home. I obviously don't want to do any exercise right now, I'm trying to remain as cool as possible until they can get this fixed.

Well, I am won't be going to the gym again today because after having to stay home yesterday for the AC people to come and do our yearly AC maintenance, my AC stopped working last night....makes perfect sense, right?

Anyway, I am so sore from my at home workout yesterday with legs and boxing/conditioning, but am hopeful they have the AC back up and running this afternoon so I can try and get an upper body and core workout done at home. I obviously don't want to do any exercise right now, I'm trying to remain as cool as possible until they can get this fixed.
Oh no! Not the best time of year for the AC to act up. Humidity starting to get pretty heavy down this way.

Oh no! Not the best time of year for the AC to act up. Humidity starting to get pretty heavy down this way.
Both units are only 2 years old. They literally were here for regular scheduled maintenance to make sure everything is working and said they were great. Not 10 minutes later the downstairs unit stopped working.

Humidity is still only about 50% here, but we are expecting a high of 90 today. I was told they will be here between 12-4. Good times haha.

Both units are only 2 years old. They literally were here for regular scheduled maintenance to make sure everything is working and said they were great. Not 10 minutes later the downstairs unit stopped working.

Humidity is still only about 50% here, but we are expecting a high of 90 today. I was told they will be here between 12-4. Good times haha.
Love the 4 hour window of expected arrival. In this day and age, how can we not have a more realistic expectation other than "sometime today."

Or how about, sorry we broke your perfectly working AC unit, we will send a tech out immediately.
Accountability is definitely not something most companies want anything to do with anymore.

Another 10 minutes on the elliptical to get the blood flowing , then a full weight circuit. Increased the weights on several of my exercises. I’m still a wimp but getting better. And I feel really good after lifting too. Can tell the endorphins are kicking up.

Took a week off after travel and overall just fatigue. Right at arms day, 4 sets till failure.

Welcome back, stale gym air

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

Pull day today

Absolutely killed chest say. Violently no less hahaha

F running.. 🖕🖕🖕

IMG_4558.png

Nothing about that sounds good. Literally zero. I mean congrats on the good time, BUT WHY
I need to drop 20 pounds..

I need to drop 20 pounds..
I heard that 🙌🏻

Tomorrow is supposed to be just a dedicated cardio and core day.. so I’ll probably hate everything about it

Back