Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

I’d love to see a pic of that Navy SL. I love the shaft in my tri hot 5k
don't think I've seen one yet but I'll be on the lookout!

Let's say someone goes to Victoria National and putts super well with his current Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide. Really well....on a hard course.

Then let's say that same guy does this the day he comes back from that trip. My brain must be broken, right @JB?

View attachment 9254563

AI One - Here I come. :ROFLMAO:
Play poorly: perfect time to try something else cuz this **** sucks
Play well: perfect time to try something else cuz I'm dialed

Play poorly: perfect time to try something else cuz this **** sucks
Play well: perfect time to try something else cuz I'm dialed
This sounds exactly like the voices in my head.

This sounds exactly like the voices in my head.
the voices in both of our heads are apparently long lost brothers or something! :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday was my first time rolling putts on something that wasn't my at home mat since December.

Where was I? The indoor green at the practice facility. Not the outdoors putting I was hoping for, but soon.

It is weird hitting a putt, that you know has no business being near the hole based on your contact, and seeing it end up right near the hole or even snake its way in the side. Just messing around, and I swear I made a half dozen putts that I had no business even being close on.

1000018246.jpg

First round yesterday of the year at a local course and also my first round with my new Ai milled Seven DB. At this time of year greens are uncut and unrolled from last October so they are playing about a “2” on the stimpmeter so dead slow. Plus with frost coming out of ground they are extremely bumpy, just need to lower expectations this time of year.

I really liked the feel off the face and head weight. Hit some good putts but need to dial in the distance control on better cut greens. In addition since my putter was used it came with a pistol grip so being left hand low I need to put in my SS Tour 2.0 on as I get a little handsy which doesn’t do me any favours. Overall, I am very happy with first outing. Hoping my home course opens this weekend.

Much to my surprise, I’m about to be jumping on the Jailbird Mini train too, this shape is just so much different than what I would usually gravitate towards. Tracking says it should be delivered today, and I’m legitimately more excited to get out on the course with it than I ever have been with any other putter before.

Much to my surprise, I’m about to be jumping on the Jailbird Mini train too, this shape is just so much different than what I would usually gravitate towards. Tracking says it should be delivered today, and I’m legitimately more excited to get out on the course with it than I ever have been with any other putter before.
It is such a fun putter to roll. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

Getting some last practice for the tour event yesterday. Pretty much automatic from 4-5 ft yesterday. For some reason I’m much better on quick greens and the tour director said the greens will be quick Saturday as he was told by the course. I’m glad cuz I had two birdies stop in front of the hole last weekend due to the speed of the greens. Probably gonna need a really glad putting day as the course conditions are gonna be brutal after the rain this week. If I putt as well as I did Saturday there is no concern. Plus I’ve learned a bit from some putts at that practice rounds that maybe I can take advantage of it. I will say about 95-97% of my putts now with the Milled T two and my Ko putting style grip are dead straight. That’s mind boggling and takes all the guess work out on the strike. Now I’m just focused on the line only and simply trust my strike. Last year it was probably 75-80%(Maybe even lower.) which cost me atleast 2 events by a stroke or two so I would have won no question. The fall major I won in a runaway I was probably 85%. Putting wasn’t great but it didn’t have to be.

Jailbird likely will be here in 3 weeks

It is such a fun putter to roll. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.
I’ll definitely jump back in here and share some thoughts and feedback. I haven’t even seen a Jailbird Mini in hand, or hit putts with any of the models from the AI One line so this is a completely blind purchase. Something about the pictures in this thread and all the high praise from everyone just spoke to me haha

I’ll definitely jump back in here and share some thoughts and feedback. I haven’t even seen a Jailbird Mini in hand, or hit putts with any of the models from the AI One line so this is a completely blind purchase. Something about the pictures in this thread and all the high praise from everyone just spoke to me haha
It is super stable and the feel is fantastic.

So I putt really well with the Ai-One last week at Victoria National. Made a couple of long ones. Made a bunch of 6-10 footers.
What I am finding more than anything is the speed is right. I found the Tri-Hot last year was a little hot coming off the face. This one isn't. It seems to be the "right speed" for me anyway, that kind of gets the confidence going that if you have the read right, you can make just about anything.

The Ai-One 7T DB Milled has been a game changer for my putting. Over the 8 rounds this year I have only 1 three putt and an average of 28.2 putts per round. Last year my average for putts per round was 31.6 according to Shot Scope. The confidence I have over the ball regardless the length of the putt is crazy. I honestly have the feeling that I can make any putt and that feeling is attributed to this putter. Last year I had issues with leaving the ball short 70% of the time and that percentage has dropped to 23% over the three months since putting it into play regularly.

31 putts with the Seven S today. 6 one-putts, and 1 three-putt (on a nasty pin placement that had me cursing the greenskeeper in a way that would make Tyrrell Hatton proud). Distance control is so good with this putter, and the stability is turning knee-knockers into ho-hummers.

My putting stats are not as eye popping as I would like, but its not a knock on the 8T CS....I'm actually hitting more GIRs so my proximity has gone way up. I've been using TT or TruTrack outside 4 ft all year. I love seeing that perfect roll end over end that comes from a good strike with a properly fit putter.

Im going to need a lesson on reading, as I'm constantly hitting my aim point. Just not making enough putts.

Ai One #1 arrived today with the All In shaft installed. It looks good with the blue. Can’t wait to get it on the course. IMG_9001.jpegIMG_8997.jpeg

Shipping notification received for the Jailbird Mini.

Much excite

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

It is super stable and the feel is fantastic.
You weren’t lying about this! Coming from a Newport 2 the stability is super noticeable & the feel and sound were both really close to perfect to me. I still can’t put my finger on exactly what it is, but I’m loving the shape even more now that I have it in hand too. The highest praise I can give it is that I’m genuinely excited about every putt I get to hit with it, whether it’s during a round or just on my mat 😎

Yesterday was my first time rolling putts on something that wasn't my at home mat since December.

Where was I? The indoor green at the practice facility. Not the outdoors putting I was hoping for, but soon.

It is weird hitting a putt, that you know has no business being near the hole based on your contact, and seeing it end up right near the hole or even snake its way in the side. Just messing around, and I swear I made a half dozen putts that I had no business even being close on.

View attachment 9255195
I’m telling you the tech in these putters is no myth, joke, or shenanigan. Can’t wait to see what you do in real greens!

You weren’t lying about this! Coming from a Newport 2 the stability is super noticeable & the feel and sound were both really close to perfect to me. I still can’t put my finger on exactly what it is, but I’m loving the shape even more now that I have it in hand too. The highest praise I can give it is that I’m genuinely excited about every putt I get to hit with it, whether it’s during a round or just on my mat 😎
I have a Versa #1 and am completely down with the color and shape of the Mini. The sound is so, so good.

I won a putting contest last year at Bally and then putted like crap for the experience. I'm sooooo excited to have this putter there in a month and see if I can do any damage with it on real greens. Our course seems to not care how our greens roll. We have a scramble tournament this weekend though so maybe I will actually be able to give some real feedback in here soon!

only five into it, but rolling the Ai One well with the All In shaft
IMG_9006.jpeg

First round with the All In shaft in the Ai One #1 and it was my best putting performance of the year. I could tell I wasn’t hitting every putt in the center of the face, but it didn’t feel like the twisting of the face was minimized. I made a few that I don’t know if I deserved to make. While it‘s not exactly the same feeling, rolling the Ai One with the All In felt more similar to the Versa.

Distance control was very good and I had no issues getting the putt started on line. Plenty of feedback to know where on the face I hit it and felt confident on the shorter putts, which is key to playing my home course because there is the fear of rolling it way past on short ones. I made a 15 footer to save par on 2. It wasn’t a big breaker but it was a great start to the round to see I could get it started on line. Made a short but speedy birdie putt on 4 and 5 and made a 7 footer to save par on 9. I didn’t hit as many greens on the back, but was not far off the green so ended up putting from the fringe. Getting those putts close is not easy for me, but I managed to roll them close enough to tap it in or close enough to make the 2 or 3 footer. The round ended with making a left to right putt from 15 feet that was downhill, down grain and downwind, which had a potential 3 jack written all over it. Never mind that it was to save bogey—it was a great putt to end on.

First round with the All In shaft in the Ai One #1 and it was my best putting performance of the year. I could tell I wasn’t hitting every putt in the center of the face, but it didn’t feel like the twisting of the face was minimized. I made a few that I don’t know if I deserved to make. While it‘s not exactly the same feeling, rolling the Ai One with the All In felt more similar to the Versa.

Distance control was very good and I had no issues getting the putt started on line. Plenty of feedback to know where on the face I hit it and felt confident on the shorter putts, which is key to playing my home course because there is the fear of rolling it way past on short ones. I made a 15 footer to save par on 2. It wasn’t a big breaker but it was a great start to the round to see I could get it started on line. Made a short but speedy birdie putt on 4 and 5 and made a 7 footer to save par on 9. I didn’t hit as many greens on the back, but was not far off the green so ended up putting from the fringe. Getting those putts close is not easy for me, but I managed to roll them close enough to tap it in or close enough to make the 2 or 3 footer. The round ended with making a left to right putt from 15 feet that was downhill, down grain and downwind, which had a potential 3 jack written all over it. Never mind that it was to save bogey—it was a great putt to end on.
I am putting an ALL -IN into my DB DW, cant wait to see the difference in feel that it makes!

Glad to see the improvement!

Back