Recent content by Honman

1. H

Looking for help choosing a new golf ball

Definitely one I was contemplating, it's just the lower spin that makes me not too sure.
  2. H

Looking for help choosing a new golf ball

I got these numbers with Pro v1 in a fit. The fitter suggested TP5 would be longer as it spun a touch more and launched higher while being faster. I'm open to any ball suggestion to add some yardage to my game. What Callaway ball might be worth trying for example Driver Cs 94.0 bs 139.2...
  3. H

Last club to truly surprise you?

Ping 10k driver. Genuine improvement over even last years Ping's. Odyssey Tri Hot 7CH. More from a quality pov, it's a huge jump in craftsmanship over any other odyssey that hasn't got a milled face. Here's an old school one. The Solus wedge. That was the best club I've ever hit out of a bunker.
  4. H

PTx Pro vs PTx Tour

Maybe not in house but still working on a freelance basis. I'm only going on what I was told.
  5. H

PTx Pro vs PTx Tour

I believe the Ben Hogan designer from the previous regime designed these and has gone over to the new company. I think this is a design that has been ready to go for awhile.
  6. H

Your Job is Getting 1%

Product is key. Do something well, do something different, do something that performs. But it isn't enough. Best example of this is the CaddyTalk Cube. It's look distinct, it works well, and it has a great feature that differentiates it from other range finders (Triangulation). But they still...
  7. H

PXG Gen 6

Going into test everything soon. Looking forward to it. Have a good idea what I'll end up with in the irons but woods and hybrids are a bit of a blank canvas.
  8. H

PXG Gen 6

Not too much feedback for PXG on here it seems. Has anyone played a full season with the 0311 p. I loved them when I hit them and I'm hoping to get a set.
  9. H

PXG Gen 6

Nice. Easy to hit off the deck?
  10. H

PXG Gen 6

Nice gains. I think outside of a top independent fitter, that PXG are the best at custom fitting. I think with their woods it's the fitting that gets the gains, more than the clubheads.
  11. H

PXG Gen 6

Hi, I did try the search, but it didn't seem to be working at all for me. Just wanted some long term feedback on PXG Gen 6. I'm looking at the whole range, but especially the fairway woods as there seems to be very little out there on them. I've hit most of the clubs and liked them in a...
  12. H

Which Equipment Company Are You Excited About?

TaylorMade. I really enjoyed Stealth Plus. I think they will have a strong year and a new name to come back from Stealth 2. I wonder if it might be a carbon cup face this time around? PXG. They might not even release anything in 2024. But they feel like they are finding their stride to me...
  13. H

Golf Equipment designer Mount Rushmore

These are my four, probably the most influential in each category Karsten Solheim - Putters and irons Gary Adams - Metal Woods Gene Sarazen - Wedges Barney Adams - Fairways and hybrids
  14. H

The Sole of Your Driver?

It doesn't really matter. That said if performance is identical between a couple of models, the most visually appealing will win out. Address matters more, I'm a big fan of no alignment aid. But again would let that go for game changing performance.
  15. H

2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

What shafts are they? I'm getting steelfibers, and I'm always a little sceptical ferrules that colourful would look good with the champagne colour of the shafts. But those are incredible.
Back