TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Ha nice story Bullfrog, I have hit some amazing shots with my 3h as well that led to some great birdies. I am loving it more and more the more I play with it.

me too, everytime i get a chance to hit it i just get a grin on my face lol, love this hybrid

I also love this club, however, I hate that the face is not shiny black like it was once. That is my only grip. On the positive, all the little silve knicks are right in the SWEET spot.

I also love this club, however, I hate that the face is not shiny black like it was once. That is my only grip. On the positive, all the little silve knicks are right in the SWEET spot.

Haha, same here Mark. At least we can tell where we have been striking the ball. Like I said, the nicks on the face are not noticable at address so I can still clearly see the alignment of the face compared to the white head. I would not rule out this club based on the nicks of the face. Every wood is going to get nicks on the face you just don't notice it as much on other clubs because they have a silver face so it blends.

Haha, same here Mark. At least we can tell where we have been striking the ball. Like I said, the nicks on the face are not noticable at address so I can still clearly see the alignment of the face compared to the white head. I would not rule out this club based on the nicks of the face. Every wood is going to get nicks on the face you just don't notice it as much on other clubs because they have a silver face so it blends.

True, silver face doesnt show as easy, im still not seeing allot of face wear, i can see where ive been hitting it but it has to have the light hitting it just right.

this is why it's good for everyone to check out a club for themselves. what doesn't feel good to me works for another and vice versa.
i have not had that problem at all, thats one of the things i love about this hybrid is how great it goes through the ground. I hit down with all my irons and hybrid and havent had one problem with it digging to much.
Played again today and just like yesterday the Rescue11 performed great, not so much for my irons today though lol, allot of stupid shots with the irons just couldnt get the feel for them today. Had the best driving day of the year as well.

Liking mine so far. It's a solid club, I don't see myself adjusting this too much.

Liking mine so far. It's a solid club, I don't see myself adjusting this too much.

ive been hitting mine great on standard loft as well, just long and straight or slight draw, can fade it when needed

that's some primo workability right there
ive been hitting mine great on standard loft as well, just long and straight or slight draw, can fade it when needed

that's some primo workability right there

sure is, still working on it at the range everytime i go, its helped allot but there are just some days when i cant work it very good

Playing tomorrow after work, will have a update tomorrow evening/night. I played horrible today all around, shot a 45 and only hit 2 fairways. I did have one amazing shot with the Rescue11,
par 5 my drive ended up hooking left into the trees(like it did 85%of the round), took the 9 iron out hit it over the trees and back in the fairway, it landed on the left side of the fairway which wasnt good since this is a dogleg left, had around 240 to the green and there is no way i could get the 4/21* hybrid there so i was just going for as close as possible, setup for a big draw since i was blocked and had to go around the trees and hit it perfect, it started out heading straight towards the right side of the fairway/tree line and drew around the dogleg and landed left center fairway that left me a 20 yard SW to the green, that 3rd shot around the dogleg saved my par.

Playing tomorrow after work, will have a update tomorrow evening/night. I played horrible today all around, shot a 45 and only hit 2 fairways. I did have one amazing shot with the Rescue11,
par 5 my drive ended up hooking left into the trees(like it did 85%of the round), took the 9 iron out hit it over the trees and back in the fairway, it landed on the left side of the fairway which wasnt good since this is a dogleg left, had around 240 to the green and there is no way i could get the 4/21* hybrid there so i was just going for as close as possible, setup for a big draw since i was blocked and had to go around the trees and hit it perfect, it started out heading straight towards the right side of the fairway/tree line and drew around the dogleg and landed left center fairway that left me a 20 yard SW to the green, that 3rd shot around the dogleg saved my par.

That was a great shot! Perfect hits=perfect shots with this club, no doubt about it!

I was watching School of Golf last night and Sir Nick was a guest and they were talking long irons. I'm paraphrasing here, but he thought all amateurs should "get those white Rescue clubs" for long iron replacements; the added height of the ball with the hybrids is better for amateur swings.

So there you have it, an endorsement from Sir Nick himself!

I was watching School of Golf last night and Sir Nick was a guest and they were talking long irons. I'm paraphrasing here, but he thought all amateurs should "get those white Rescue clubs" for long iron replacements; the added height of the ball with the hybrids is better for amateur swings.

So there you have it, an endorsement from Sir Nick himself!

Sir Nick is also a Taylormade staffer. As much as I agree with him that more people need to get rid of long irons, I don't believe that the Rescue 11 is the best/only choice with hybrids.

Well guys i just got back from playing 9 and i really have nothing to add at the moment, it was such a dissapointing and frustrating 9 holes, i DID NOT hit one good shot the entire time, hooking left, pushing right, hitting fat, hitting thin, you name it i hit it. I dont care if i have to stay at the range until 10pm tomorrow night im staying until i start hitting the ball good again, the last 2 times ive been out have just been awful. I just dont understand whats happened these last 2 times, just dont get it. Night all im done with golf for the night lol

Just ordered my 21 tp, can't wait to get it after reading all these reviews

Sir Nick is also a Taylormade staffer. As much as I agree with him that more people need to get rid of long irons, I don't believe that the Rescue 11 is the best/only choice with hybrids.

That was not my intent. My intent was to say that he mentioned them (yes he is a TM staffer, but I don't think it was supposed to be a plug specifically for them) and that hybrids are a very useful club to have. Of course a person should look at all their options before deciding on a hybrid. The Rescue should be one the list though. I just wanted to say that they were mentioned on TV.

Just ordered my 21 tp, can't wait to get it after reading all these reviews

Congrats. Be sure to tell us your thoughts when you get it.

That was not my intent. My intent was to say that he mentioned them (yes he is a TM staffer, but I don't think it was supposed to be a plug specifically for them) and that hybrids are a very useful club to have. Of course a person should look at all their options before deciding on a hybrid. The Rescue should be one the list though. I just wanted to say that they were mentioned on TV.

I agree with everything you said. There is very little reason for an amateur to carry a 3-iron these days. I do agree that anybody out looking for a new hybrid would be doing themselves a disservice if they didn't try the Rescue 11.

Hey everybody we are forcasted to get 6inches of rain from friday-saturday so there is gonna be no testing for me this weekend it looks like. Hopefully we dont get near that much and i can play sunday.

I just hit the Rescue 11 4 hybrid and 5 hybrid. I currently have Taylormade 4 and 5 burner plus irons. Is this a good club to replace my irons with. I hit the rescue so much better than my irons. Thoughts?
I do own a Burner 3 hybrid. Love the club.

I just hit the Rescue 11 4 hybrid and 5 hybrid. I currently have Taylormade 4 and 5 burner plus irons. Is this a good club to replace my irons with. I hit the rescue so much better than my irons. Thoughts?
I do own a Burner 3 hybrid. Love the club.

I think you answered your own question - if you hit them better then go for it?

What is the average distance the 3, 4, and 5 hybrids go? For the average golfer.

What is the average distance the 3, 4, and 5 hybrids go? For the average golfer.

all depends on swing speed ect.. everybody hits them different distances

There's no way to know that. Every swing is different.

I'm playing Lansbrook Saturday and BCC on Sunday, so I'll have another writeup this weekend.

Back