TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

One thing that has been on my mind is the grip. I use Tour Velvet on all my clubs, but for some reason I don't like it on this club. It just doesn't feel right. Almost feels as if it's going to slip out. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly though. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm going to pay close attention this weekend and see if I can pinpoint what it is.

I also hate the stock TM grips, i always change them out before i even hit them but i have kept this one on for testing purpose's, its about to get changed though, way to small and just dont like the feel at all

I also hate the stock TM grips, i always change them out before i even hit them but i have kept this one on for testing purpose's, its about to get changed though, way to small and just dont like the feel at all

Yeah I'm ready to switch to something else on all my clubs. Are we allowed to change the grip on our Rescues? I thought I remember JB saying we could, but I'm not sure.

Yeah I'm ready to switch to something else on all my clubs. Are we allowed to change the grip on our Rescues? I thought I remember JB saying we could, but I'm not sure.

Yes, as long as we used them for awhile if i remember correcectly, its been long enough i would think, i know some of the 2.0 testers have switched

Yes, as long as we used them for awhile if i remember correcectly, its been long enough i would think, i know some of the 2.0 testers have switched

Thanks

Well i got to the range today for a bucket of balls and only hit half of them, The wind once again was just blowing so hard it wasnt even worth being out there. Not sure when Indiana turned into the british open but so far these past couple weeks its been the windiest ive ever seen it. Playing a round on Sat, we have 2 foursomes so i will have a full review for everybody. Got my RIP Beta for my R11 today as well.

Well i got to the range today for a bucket of balls and only hit half of them, The wind once again was just blowing so hard it wasnt even worth being out there. Not sure when Indiana turned into the british open but so far these past couple weeks its been the windiest ive ever seen it. Playing a round on Sat, we have 2 foursomes so i will have a full review for everybody. Got my RIP Beta for my R11 today as well.

That sucks about the wind man. Hopefully it will be better for the weekend.

I am totally in love with my R11 Rescue 4!! I hit it so well. Even when I top it, it doesn't seem to be a bad shot. But oh boy when I hit the sweet spot, look out. I hit it 4 times today and topped it once. I'm really happy with this club. All of you who have it, know exactly what I'm talking about!

I am totally in love with my R11 Rescue 4!! I hit it so well. Even when I top it, it doesn't seem to be a bad shot. But oh boy when I hit the sweet spot, look out. I hit it 4 times today and topped it once. I'm really happy with this club. All of you who have it, know exactly what I'm talking about!

Sweet spot = $$$$ no doubt about it. I just need to figure out how to stop hooking it so bad.

I am completely stoked because I have played 2 9-hole rounds so far this year, and each round it was low 50's and breezy. This Saturday it is finally going to be 70, sunny, and calm! I am so excited to get some course time in warmer temperatures to see how this bad boy really performs. So far I have been more than pleased even in colder temps. Warm-temp review and another comparison with the Mashie after my round Saturday.

I am completely stoked because I have played 2 9-hole rounds so far this year, and each round it was low 50's and breezy. This Saturday it is finally going to be 70, sunny, and calm! I am so excited to get some course time in warmer temperatures to see how this bad boy really performs. So far I have been more than pleased even in colder temps. Warm-temp review and another comparison with the Mashie after my round Saturday.

same here buddy, im ready for these high 70 temps and NO WIND! Im in central indiana

Alright i just got back from the range and hit a large bucket of balls, they had the hitting area moved up today so to fly the fence at the back of the range was only about 205, I got to hit a dozen shots with the Rescue11 before i was asked to stop since i was flying the fence. I found out a couple things today that i think will really let me hit this club better than i already have.
1st shot i played the ball about 3-4 balls in front of center like i usually do with the Hybrids and just hit a low screamer, weird you would think ball more forward would go higher like it usually does with irons but that wasn't the case with the hybrid or driver.
2nd and 3rd shot was the exact same result as the first one, low screamers that hardly got off the ground, i was a little frustrated after those first three.
4th shot i moved the ball back in my stance to where it was 1 ball in front of center and i hit a beautiful mid/high trajectory shot that was just perfectly straight.
5th shot same thing as the 4th
6th shot i decided to move the ball back even more so now I'm playing it dead center of my stance and as soon as i hit it i knew it was good, high trajectory and long, prob carried the fence by 10-15 yards, i had a slight draw on this shot.
7th-10th the exact same thing, ball position dead center of my stance and the results were near perfect, high baby draws.
11th and 12th shot i was trying to work on hitting big draws that would get around any dog leg left or bend around a tree if need be but i hit both of those way out on the toe and they were duck hooks that only went about 150 yards. I felt more punishment with those last 2 shots than i ever have with the Rescue11, those didn't feel very forgiving AT ALL like i have been seeing. Hopefully i just put that bad a swing on them and this isn't something that will start happening because the forgiveness i have seen out of the Rescue11 so far has been great.
Anyway i stopped hitting it after they asked me but i did have 3 balls left so i moved all the way back as far as i could to hit the last 3 with my driver since i was the only one on the range.
I was not swinging hard just trying to get a good feel for the new RIP Beta shaft i just put in it. Hit 2 bad shots out of 3, the 2 bad were with the ball up in my stance i hit really low hooks then when i moved the last to center/maybe 1 ball forward of center i hit it dead straight with a med trajectory. Think i really need to start playing the ball dead center/1 ball forward at the most with my rescue and driver as that is giving me the best results, its weird i hit it higher with it in the center of my stance and lower with it forward, just not comfortable with the ball forward in my stance for some reason. Hey thats why I'm not playing in the Masters and just a measly 8hc lol. Just dont have the darn skills they do

I have always put this a little forward in my stance. Not to the point where it's in line with the inside of my left foot (i'm right handed). It seems, I have the same trouble you do, if I put it a little more forward I seem to top it a bit and it's a low screamer. But if i try and put it in the same spot as my irons, or close to it, I seem to hit it great! Baby draws and all. This is quickly becoming my go to club. What I mean by this is, if i'm having some bad shots, no matter where I am, as long as i'm not too close to the green, I pull out the hybrid and hit it. Once I do, I have my confidence back and it calms me down. Does this make sense to anyone else? It seems weird to me, but it does help me get back on track. It's a confidence factor I think.

Alright i just got back from the range and hit a large bucket of balls, they had the hitting area moved up today so to fly the fence at the back of the range was only about 205, I got to hit a dozen shots with the Rescue11 before i was asked to stop since i was flying the fence. I found out a couple things today that i think will really let me hit this club better than i already have.
1st shot i played the ball about 3-4 balls in front of center like i usually do with the Hybrids and just hit a low screamer, weird you would think ball more forward would go higher like it usually does with irons but that wasn't the case with the hybrid or driver.
2nd and 3rd shot was the exact same result as the first one, low screamers that hardly got off the ground, i was a little frustrated after those first three.
4th shot i moved the ball back in my stance to where it was 1 ball in front of center and i hit a beautiful mid/high trajectory shot that was just perfectly straight.
5th shot same thing as the 4th
6th shot i decided to move the ball back even more so now I'm playing it dead center of my stance and as soon as i hit it i knew it was good, high trajectory and long, prob carried the fence by 10-15 yards, i had a slight draw on this shot.
7th-10th the exact same thing, ball position dead center of my stance and the results were near perfect, high baby draws.
11th and 12th shot i was trying to work on hitting big draws that would get around any dog leg left or bend around a tree if need be but i hit both of those way out on the toe and they were duck hooks that only went about 150 yards. I felt more punishment with those last 2 shots than i ever have with the Rescue11, those didn't feel very forgiving AT ALL like i have been seeing. Hopefully i just put that bad a swing on them and this isn't something that will start happening because the forgiveness i have seen out of the Rescue11 so far has been great.
Anyway i stopped hitting it after they asked me but i did have 3 balls left so i moved all the way back as far as i could to hit the last 3 with my driver since i was the only one on the range.
I was not swinging hard just trying to get a good feel for the new RIP Beta shaft i just put in it. Hit 2 bad shots out of 3, the 2 bad were with the ball up in my stance i hit really low hooks then when i moved the last to center/maybe 1 ball forward of center i hit it dead straight with a med trajectory. Think i really need to start playing the ball dead center/1 ball forward at the most with my rescue and driver as that is giving me the best results, its weird i hit it higher with it in the center of my stance and lower with it forward, just not comfortable with the ball forward in my stance for some reason. Hey thats why I'm not playing in the Masters and just a measly 8hc lol. Just dont have the darn skills they do

I have always put this a little forward in my stance. Not to the point where it's in line with the inside of my left foot (i'm right handed). It seems, I have the same trouble you do, if I put it a little more forward I seem to top it a bit and it's a low screamer. But if i try and put it in the same spot as my irons, or close to it, I seem to hit it great! Baby draws and all. This is quickly becoming my go to club. What I mean by this is, if i'm having some bad shots, no matter where I am, as long as i'm not too close to the green, I pull out the hybrid and hit it. Once I do, I have my confidence back and it calms me down. Does this make sense to anyone else? It seems weird to me, but it does help me get back on track. It's a confidence factor I think.

I've had mixed results with placing the ball back and forth in my stance. Mainly because my swing is currently a bit (understatement) inconsistent. My driver is working well just inside my left foot (right handed). I usually play my hybrids forward like I would a long iron. I'm going to try to work on this a bit more at the sim on Sunday morning. Hopefully I'll be able to see some more consistent results.

exactly, i think i might be swaying back away from the target and thats why im doing it, moving off the ball so im thining it and hitting low screamers when its up in my stance. Really hit it well when its in the center of my stance. I agree about a go to club when you need a confidence boost, nice smooth swing always works with this club and you will get the confidence back for sure.

TPC San Antonio tomorrow. The Rescue 11s will be out in full force.

Going to get some R11 Rescue on today....hope it likes the mud

Played the West Course at BCC yesterday. Front nine I was watching the Masters on an iPad in my cart and officiating a front nine match for big money my buddies were playing so I wasn't really playing the front 9. Back 9 I played no driver and shot even from the blacks. The Rescue 11 is back to being a great club for me. I didn't hit it that many times, but every shot I hit was exactly what I wanted. The feel/sound of this club is very nice. I play the ball up in my stance with this club just as I would with any other 3H. I might go play today. If I do I'm going to leave driver at my house and try to hit this more. Any questions or anything you want me to test out today just let me know and I'll get on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright guys i will have my review up later on, we got rained out on hole 11, lets just say i was on it today and had the best round going i have ever had and the golf gods have to make it rain! Almost got hit by lighting as well. -3 through 11

4-9-11

4-9-11

Hey everybody i arrived at the course this morning around 7:30 and it was very foggy, i immediatly hit the range for a bucket before the round began, i could tell from that 1 bucket that it was going to be a special day. The fog lifted a little bit but it was still hard to see on some holes especially after 200 yards. I hit the Rescue11 5 times today and every one was a beautiful shot.

Shot 1 Shorter dog leg left and had the wind in our face, it was only blowing about 5mph with gust to 10 but that is nothing compared to what it has been. I tee the ball up step back then setup for my draw, hit a high tight draw that ended up around 220 on the left center part of the fairway, it was just beautiful looking, left me a 100 yard wedge into the green. Birdie

Shot 2 This was another great shot with the rescue, my drive barely cought a branch on the right side of the fairway as soon as it started drawing back and kicked it straight left into the left rough. This left me with 210 to the front of the green, i had a nice fluffly lie so it was to bad at all out of the rough, this ball was a straight medium trajectory that just seemed like it stayed in the air forever, kinda weird since i didnt hit it really high, landed about a yard onto the green and rolled to with in 10 foot, missed the birdie but got par.

Shot 3 This was the longer par 3, it was playing around 210 today and the pin was tucked behind the right front bunker so a fade was needed to get anywhere close. Hit this tee shot with a very high small fade that landed dead center of the green, didnt fade it enough but i was happy with the shot. This left me about a 35 foot birdie put that i lipped out:angry:. Par

Shot 4 This was a par 5 and my tee shot with the R11 left me 215 out, drive ran into the left rough and just died, only about a club head into the rough.
This pin was tucked behind the left front bunker (i think they were tucking the pins in honor of the masters lol, making it harder) I hit a very high, and i mean very high slight draw that landed on the front fringe, missed the 20 foot eagle putt but made birdie.

Shot 5 This is a very key tee shot that if you miss left 90% of the time you will get out of there with no less than a bogey, dogleg left with the driving range being left of the fairway, good luck finding your ball if you over draw it or pull it. I aimed right down the middle just trying to hit a straight shot to get me into position for a nice 2nd shot into the green, i pulled my tee shot just a little and ended up right at the corner of the dogleg about a foot into the rough, thank god i had a clear 2nd into the green. Stuck my 2nd to within 6 feet for birdie. Made the putt.

It was raining very lightly for the last 4 holes until it turned into a full on downpour and lightning show, we were very close to being toasted, could hear the crackling of the lightning, i about crapped my self lol. Ended the day at -3 after 11 holes, this was the best round i have ever had and i didnt get to finish it. Talk about dissapointed, playing again tomorrow morning if the rain holds off until the afternoon.

Every time i go out and play i love this Rescue11 even more, it just continues to prove itself in varies lie's, conditions, ect...It will not be leaving my bag for a very long time! Well hope you've been enjoying everybodys reviews, i think everybody is doing great. If you have any questions let me know:alien2:

Hey everybody i arrived at the course this morning around 7:30 and it was very foggy, i immediatly hit the range for a bucket before the round began, i could tell from that 1 bucket that it was going to be a special day. The fog lifted a little bit but it was still hard to see on some holes especially after 200 yards. I hit the Rescue11 5 times today and every one was a beautiful shot.

Shot 1 Shorter dog leg left and had the wind in our face, it was only blowing about 5mph with gust to 10 but that is nothing compared to what it has been. I tee the ball up step back then setup for my draw, hit a high tight draw that ended up around 220 on the left center part of the fairway, it was just beautiful looking, left me a 100 yard wedge into the green. Birdie

Shot 2 This was another great shot with the rescue, my drive barely cought a branch on the right side of the fairway as soon as it started drawing back and kicked it straight left into the left rough. This left me with 210 to the front of the green, i had a nice fluffly lie so it was to bad at all out of the rough, this ball was a straight medium trajectory that just seemed like it stayed in the air forever, kinda weird since i didnt hit it really high, landed about a yard onto the green and rolled to with in 10 foot, missed the birdie but got par.

Shot 3 This was the longer par 3, it was playing around 210 today and the pin was tucked behind the right front bunker so a fade was needed to get anywhere close. Hit this tee shot with a very high small fade that landed dead center of the green, didnt fade it enough but i was happy with the shot. This left me about a 35 foot birdie put that i lipped out:angry:. Par

Shot 4 This was a par 5 and my tee shot with the R11 left me 215 out, drive ran into the left rough and just died, only about a club head into the rough.
This pin was tucked behind the left front bunker (i think they were tucking the pins in honor of the masters lol, making it harder) I hit a very high, and i mean very high slight draw that landed on the front fringe, missed the 20 foot eagle putt but made birdie.

Shot 5 This is a very key tee shot that if you miss left 90% of the time you will get out of there with no less than a bogey, dogleg left with the driving range being left of the fairway, good luck finding your ball if you over draw it or pull it. I aimed right down the middle just trying to hit a straight shot to get me into position for a nice 2nd shot into the green, i pulled my tee shot just a little and ended up right at the corner of the dogleg about a foot into the rough, thank god i had a clear 2nd into the green. Stuck my 2nd to within 6 feet for birdie. Made the putt.

It was raining very lightly for the last 4 holes until it turned into a full on downpour and lightning show, we were very close to being toasted, could hear the crackling of the lightning, i about crapped my self lol. Ended the day at -3 after 11 holes, this was the best round i have ever had and i didnt get to finish it. Talk about dissapointed, playing again tomorrow morning if the rain holds off until the afternoon.

Every time i go out and play i love this Rescue11 even more, it just continues to prove itself in varies lie's, conditions, ect...It will not be leaving my bag for a very long time! Well hope you've been enjoying everybodys reviews, i think everybody is doing great. If you have any questions let me know:alien2:

Nice 10Yard!! I too am loving this club more and more each time I hit it. I'm playing after work today and in an outing tomorrow. I have a feeling that the Rescue R11 4 i have will help us in the outing tomorrow for sure! I can feel it....

Nice 10Yard!! I too am loving this club more and more each time I hit it. I'm playing after work today and in an outing tomorrow. I have a feeling that the Rescue R11 4 i have will help us in the outing tomorrow for sure! I can feel it....

Thanks, im sure it will help, its great. It so versatile

Thanks, im sure it will help, its great. It so versatile

It is versitile! And when I've had a few bad shots in a row, I pull it out. No better way to get my confidence back on the course.

Great write up 10y!! Man, you were having a wicked round!! And the Rescue performs again!!

Great write up 10y!! Man, you were having a wicked round!! And the Rescue performs again!!

Thanks 9, dude you have no idea how good it felt to be playing that good, it was amazing. For all i know i could of finished - or ended up bogeying every single last hole lol, just never know when you cant finish. The rescue11 hasnt failed me yet, sure a couple bad shots here and there but not many with it

Thanks 9, dude you have no idea how good it felt to be playing that good, it was amazing. For all i know i could of finished - or ended up bogeying every single last hole lol, just never know when you cant finish. The rescue11 hasnt failed me yet, sure a couple bad shots here and there but not many with it

I have to say it hasn't failed me yet either. All my bad shots have been of my own making. I can't wait to get it out on the course. I spend a fair bit of the time in the rough and I think this will be perfect for me in those situations. The MachSpeed wasn't bad in the rough, but it is a club better suited to fairway lies. The added weight of the Rescue's clubhead will be awesome for getting through the thick stuff.

Back