TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Hi guys,

I was asking myself what the equivalent to a rescue 2 is, if you instead would take an iron ?

Cheers
Matt

Matt

Hi guys,

I was asking myself what the equivalent to a rescue 2 is, if you instead would take an iron ?

Cheers
Matt

Matt

I dont think there is lol, a 2 hybrid is more like a fairway wood in terms of comparison, maybe a 1 iron if you just want a answer for a iron

Hi guys,

Cheers
Matt

Matt
Depending which brand you use a 2 hybrid is almost equal to a 3 wood. It just depends on the loft. I had a 2 hybrid once but it was an 18*, but now I play with my R11 rescue and the 3h is 18*. A 2h would most likely be around 16*, and a 3 wood is 15*, so that would be the most comparable.

i just bought the 16* rescue 11 to use as an alternative from off the tee on short holes. it is a very easy club to hit, looks great, feels good everything about the club is awesome except the distance. the distance is just not there for what i want off the tee. trackman was showing 250-260 yards of distance, but i am actually getting more like 220.

Hi Provx, I am using the 3, 4 and 5 rescue 11's and could not be happier. I am getting around 215 off the tee with my 18* and keeping it in play. I think that the distance that you are getting with the 16* is very good and appears that you are keeping it in play which is exactly what you wanted when you were thinking about short holes, hitting off the tee.
i just bought the 16* rescue 11 to use as an alternative from off the tee on short holes. it is a very easy club to hit, looks great, feels good everything about the club is awesome except the distance. the distance is just not there for what i want off the tee. trackman was showing 250-260 yards of distance, but i am actually getting more like 220.

Hi Provx, I am using the 3, 4 and 5 rescue 11's and could not be happier. I am getting around 215 off the tee with my 18* and keeping it in play. I think that the distance that you are getting with the 16* is very good and appears that you are keeping it in play which is exactly what you wanted when you were thinking about short holes, hitting off the tee.

Hey your back, hope everything went well

I will be heading to the course in a couple hours so i will update once my 9 holes is over

Played 18 at Lansbrook yesterday. 42/35. I hit the rescue 3 times off the tee, hit some punch outs, and putted a couple from off the green. Performed as it has before. Nothing different noticed this time out. I just adjusted it to open the face up, because this thing loves going left on me. I might go play BCC later on. If I do I will have some input on how opening up the face works for me.

Hey guys just got back from the course and played 18 instead of 9 and went 43 and 38, not horrible like my last 2 times out but not great either, just a happy medium lol. I hit the Rescue11 4 times today and 3 out of 4 were great.
Par 3 200 yards with a 35-40mph wind in our face, Teed it up and hit the rescue and put it just a little right on the fringe, the wind just ate this shot up. Not the so great one.
Par 5 my drive was perfect right on the left center of the fairway and had exactly 200 left with again the wind in my face, hit a low/med shot that looked like it was on a rope and landed just right of the flag and rolled to the back edge of the green, missed the eagle but made the birdie put.
Another Par 5 i had around 240-250 and hit another good shot straight at the green, i came up about 30 yards short, put me in perfect position though, hit my wedge right over the flag about 10 foot past and zipped it back and it lipped out, almost holed out for eagle, made the birdie put. My buddy looked shocked, he said he had never seen a ball spin back like that before, gotta love the callaway tour i(s), great ball.
Par 3 190 and the wind was in our face again but kinda blowing sideways as well, hate that kind of wind, hit the Rescue11 with a nice draw that landed on the front left of the green, it was a middle pin so i was happy with it.
The rescue11 continues to perform, its not a magic club you have to put a good swing on it to get good results but when you do its amazing. I will throw up some pics showing the wear later on this evening/tonight after i eat supper and shower. Thanks again THP and Taylormade this club has really helped my game, i love it

your right for the most part, the problem is that i am hitting my 4 iron the same distance off the tee so there isn't much point to carrying the club.

What kind of distance are you getting with your 4 and 5? I love my 3h so much I think I am going to take my 3 iron out of my bag and replace it with an R11 rescue, but I hit my 3h about 230, and my 3 iron goes about 200, so I don't know which hybrid would get me closer to that 200-210 range. I was thinking the 5h but just wanted your input.

What kind of distance are you getting with your 4 and 5? I love my 3h so much I think I am going to take my 3 iron out of my bag and replace it with an R11 rescue, but I hit my 3h about 230, and my 3 iron goes about 200, so I don't know which hybrid would get me closer to that 200-210 range. I was thinking the 5h but just wanted your input.

Edit: Sorry, don't know how this posted twice, mods please remove one. Thanks!

Sim again over the weekend and things did not as good as last time. Only got 13 holes in and shot 73 to that point. Better than most rounds last year, so I can't complain too much. Just used the Rescue a handful of times and didn't see great things. I was having problems hitting it fat and hitting the ground first and losing lots of club speed into impact. Best shot of the day with the Rescue went about 150 or so. I should be seeing 185-195. So it wasn't a great day. Even managed to slice the crap out of it a few times. So all in all, my swing was spot on. It's a work in progress.

I'm still liking the feel of this club a lot. It is much more balanced than my current hybrid. At least that's what it feels to me. The look at address is still great. I'm really liking the shape. I was on a kick for square clubs for a while, but am being won over by the "traditional" shapes.

With my move this weekend, I unfortunately will not be able to get out to the sim until the following weekned. So stay tuned for my next report in a couple weeks!

crap guys i forgot to load up the pics last night, im on my lunch break so i will do it tonight after my round, or this afternoon if its raining when i get off and cant play. sorry bout that

Hey 10yard what kind of distance are you getting from your 21*?

Played 18 at Lansbrook yesterday. 42/35. I hit the rescue 3 times off the tee, hit some punch outs, and putted a couple from off the green. Performed as it has before. Nothing different noticed this time out. I just adjusted it to open the face up, because this thing loves going left on me. I might go play BCC later on. If I do I will have some input on how opening up the face works for me.

I know what you mean with the going left. I am worried that I am going to fight the hooks unless I open the face. I will have to play with it a little because it will bug me otherwise.

I know what you mean with the going left. I am worried that I am going to fight the hooks unless I open the face. I will have to play with it a little because it will bug me otherwise.

If it is fixed by adjusting it open I will be very impressed. It was incredibly easy to adjust and just looking down on it at address it doesn't appear open or anything that would mess with your head. Can't wait to take it to the range and find out. I've also been impressed with durability of the white finish. I make sure my clubface is clean at all times, but I don't treat my clubs as well as others and there isn't one little chip or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys just got back from the course and played 18 instead of 9 and went 43 and 38, not horrible like my last 2 times out but not great either, just a happy medium lol. I hit the Rescue11 4 times today and 3 out of 4 were great.
Par 3 200 yards with a 35-40mph wind in our face, Teed it up and hit the rescue and put it just a little right on the fringe, the wind just ate this shot up. Not the so great one.
Par 5 my drive was perfect right on the left center of the fairway and had exactly 200 left with again the wind in my face, hit a low/med shot that looked like it was on a rope and landed just right of the flag and rolled to the back edge of the green, missed the eagle but made the birdie put.
Another Par 5 i had around 240-250 and hit another good shot straight at the green, i came up about 30 yards short, put me in perfect position though, hit my wedge right over the flag about 10 foot past and zipped it back and it lipped out, almost holed out for eagle, made the birdie put. My buddy looked shocked, he said he had never seen a ball spin back like that before, gotta love the callaway tour i(s), great ball.
Par 3 190 and the wind was in our face again but kinda blowing sideways as well, hate that kind of wind, hit the Rescue11 with a nice draw that landed on the front left of the green, it was a middle pin so i was happy with it.
The rescue11 continues to perform, its not a magic club you have to put a good swing on it to get good results but when you do its amazing. I will throw up some pics showing the wear later on this evening/tonight after i eat supper and shower. Thanks again THP and Taylormade this club has really helped my game, i love it

I just read this and you have to give some credit for that ball backing up so much to the JAWS wedge too. Ive never spin a ball like I did with the JAWS.

I just read this and you have to give some credit for that ball backing up so much to the JAWS wedge too. Ive never spin a ball like I did with the JAWS.

thanks man, the callaway tour i(s) is prob the spinniest ball i have ever played, i just love it, Also love the Jaws wedge, they are great.

I hit these today in a sim at golftown, in a little shootout against the Burner 2.0 hybrid and I have to say the R11 won hands down. I could game either of them, but the R11 was really nice to hit, not sure about the stock shaft and I will have to hit them outside, but I really like them even with tape on the face.

I hit these today in a sim at golftown, in a little shootout against the Burner 2.0 hybrid and I have to say the R11 won hands down. I could game either of them, but the R11 was really nice to hit, not sure about the stock shaft and I will have to hit them outside, but I really like them even with tape on the face.

thats great, should enjoy it at the MC then, im loving mine, hit it so well, wish i could say the same for the R11 lol, off days with it are brutal where with the Rescue11 its not bad at all.

thats great, should enjoy it at the MC then, im loving mine, hit it so well, wish i could say the same for the R11 lol, off days with it are brutal where with the Rescue11 its not bad at all.

I think I will, I've been thinking about going 3,4,5 hybrids, maybe just 3,4, but if we are allowed to game 3 hybrids then I could get a second 4 hybrid, and open the face to where it adds 2* of loft and take a degree or two off of the 4 hybrid by closing it and I'm all set.

I think I will, I've been thinking about going 3,4,5 hybrids, maybe just 3,4, but if we are allowed to game 3 hybrids then I could get a second 4 hybrid, and open the face to where it adds 2* of loft and take a degree or two off of the 4 hybrid by closing it and I'm all set.

not sure on how many they will let you play, might be a good question for JB, just FYI it might be a typo but opening the face decreases loft and closing it adds loft.

not sure on how many they will let you play, might be a good question for JB, just FYI it might be a typo but opening the face decreases loft and closing it adds loft.

Ya typo, thanks. Im not too concerned about it, the thought of three hybrids is just floating around in my head, I do like my 5 irons though. Anyway great hybrid from what I was seeing on the sim and the sound was good, although inside those hitting bays with tape on the face it is hard to say.

Ya typo, thanks. Im not too concerned about it, the thought of three hybrids is just floating around in my head, I do like my 5 irons though. Anyway great hybrid from what I was seeing on the sim and the sound was good, although inside those hitting bays with tape on the face it is hard to say.

it does have a dull sound, its not loud at all, its more of a thud, i think i could carry 3 hybrids and be happy with that setup, 3,4,5 would be great

Back