The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just 1 degree? Well I guess I could. Probably triple hard step my X flex shaft as well.

Forged Muscle back blade, with a strong lofted 1 iron.

LOL. We must workable the ball all over the course though. Lots of bunkers to aim for.

No forged for me, I don't need the extra workability.

On a serious note, the Razr X Tours really feel nice. The Razr X were working great too. I try to limit my forged hitting because who am I kiddng. I've had the best time hitting Callaway equipment. Their hybrids are serious contenders as well.

Which hybrids were you fond of Yoccos?

The hybrids are one thing I have not yet hit. Though if I go with the setup I have in mind ATM, I would carry a RazrX 3 hybrid and then go RazrX irons 5-PW(or A). The 3 hybrid is 21 degrees and the RazrX 4 iron is 22 degrees.

The hybrids are one thing I have not yet hit. Though if I go with the setup I have in mind ATM, I would carry a RazrX 3 hybrid and then go RazrX irons 5-PW(or A). The 3 hybrid is 21 degrees and the RazrX 4 iron is 22 degrees.

Wait a minute!!! You're going with the Razr X irons? Not the Tours? I have to ask why dude? You're Mr. i10 and Mr. MC.

Razr X, didn't try the tour ones though. The Tour's looked sleek and actually I liked them better profile wise. But again, looks can be deciving. I thought the forgiveness was outstanding on the non Tour X's and they had a nice ping sound. The seemed like they had a really hot face. While I felt the shaft was a little weak (used to Miyazaki) I don't think it would be a hard problem to solve. I'd have to see it outside though.

They felt great. I thought maybe the shallow face (perceived) would be an issue but it wasnt at all. I could easily see putting a 3,4,5 and just going 6-PW. Or if they have a 6 maybe do that and go with Razr X Tours lmfao. I will give the Razr X Tour Hybrids a shot as well. I will have a hard time putting a FW bag in the bag I think.

Which hybrids were you fond of Yoccos?

Wait a minute!!! You're going with the Razr X irons? Not the Tours? I have to ask why dude? You're Mr. i10 and Mr. MC.

You keep telling me how nervous I'm going to be, I figure I may need that extra forgiveness. In all seriousness I am between them and the Tours.

No forged for me, I don't need the extra workability.

me either, I workability the ball when I am just thinking about playing golf. I would hate to see how much workability I would get out of a more workability club

I hit the new rescue offerings as well as the MB. Granted, if these are on the menu here is what I am considering:

Driver
3 Wood
3 & 4 rescue
5-7 MC
8-PW MB
3 XFT wedges

It's a little different than my current setup, but I think it offers me the most.

I really like the new rescue clubs, they were stupid long for me.

Thats a great set up Biggsy.

I was thinking:

Razr Hawk Driver (not sure on shaft)
3,4,5 Razr X Hybrid
6-PW Razr X Tour
50,56,60 JAWS Wedges (spinner shafts if we can, didnt work out so well with the stocks)
White ICE D.A.R.T Mallet

Maybe a FW. I'll probably end up with Razr X and just different shafts though lol.

I'm
Pretty similar although I've yet to hit the TM irons. Thinking
Driver r11
3w r11 or auperfast
3-4 rescue 11
5-8 cb
9-pw mc or mb
3 xft wedges

Would like to demo a strong 3w and a light 5w. I hit more fairways with a 3w.

And def see how those mb do on the low end.

Tap, tap, tap.

I love all the pondering of bag makeups going on in here. So let me show you mine:

Driver: Razr Hawk Tour
3wood: Octane Tour
5wood: Octane Tour
4-Gap Wedge: Razr Hawk Tour
54*, 58* JAWS
Odyssey Backstryke Dart

ball, I'm still undecided.

I think EVERYBODY should read the Hoeflich interview on the home page....:alien:

I love all the pondering of bag makeups going on in here. So let me show you mine:

54*, 58* JAWS
Odyssey Backstryke Dart

those must be some prototype irons yet to be released

Thats a great lookin Callaway bag bro. I didn't even think about GW for the Razr X! I'd do that for sure rather than a 50*. I'm also going to see if a different flex in the Octane Driver might the ticket. No hybrids?

54*, 58* JAWS
Odyssey Backstryke Dart

Lol you're right. Updated:

Razr Hawk Tour Driver (not sure on shaft)
3,4,5 Razr X Tour Hybrid
6-PW Razr X Forged
50,56,60 JAWS Wedges (spinner shafts if we can, didnt work out so well with the stocks)
White ICE D.A.R.T Mallet

I think EVERYBODY should read the Hoeflich interview on the home page....:alien:

My bag set up, at this moment would look like this.

Driver: Razr Hawk
3 wood: Diablo Octane
5 Wood: Diablo Octane
Hybrid: Razr X 3
Irons: Razr X 5-AW
Wedges: 56(bent to 55) - 60 Jaws slate
Putter: Black Series Tour Design #9

Ball: Diablo HX Tour or Tour i(z)

I still have a lot of testing to do, but these are my initial thoughts:

Driver: Razr Hawk or Diablo Octane Tour
3 wood: Razr Hawk
Hybrid: Razr X (or X Tour) 3 and 4
Irons: Razr X Tour (or Razr X Forged) 5-PW
Wedges: Jaws 52, 56 and 60
Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2
Ball: Tour i(s)

And in all serious, the interview really made me rethink my approach. I started to think about the difference new shafts made with my CG7's and I'm thinking by the time I'm doing being fitted. The Razr X's will be in there rather than the Tours. All 3 irons are fantastic imo. Yes, I can hit a forged blade lol. Not consistantly obviously.

I am really thinking a lot about that interview and trying to take my ego out of the equation. I will give all irons equal time to impress me but I really think the burner 2.0s may be the ones. Just with the proper shaft for me if possible.

For my bag depending on gaps and such I an thinking these:
R11/SF 2.0 driver
R11/SF 2.0 4w
3 hybrid
4-aw burner 2.0
54&58 wedges.

It is very close to my bag setup now. But I like my current setup so why change it drastically?

Tappin to the oldies

I was looking at Callaways site (again lol) and found there is a Callaway Performance Center in Scottsdale. POW. I know where I'm gonna look for a fitting!

I was looking at Callaways site (again lol) and found there is a Callaway Performance Center in Scottsdale. POW. I know where I'm gonna look for a fitting!

Nice! I think there is one in Atlanta as well (or near it)

I think the nearest one for me is about a 3 hour drive

Trust me, I read it. It told me what I already knew about my own game. I'm keeping quiet until I know what's available to us. With three rounds in two days in the hot sun, I'd like to know the clubs don't go clunk when I miss the sweet spot.

Kevin

Ive been contemplating one myself- just to have them tell me what to game- Think it would eliminate all worries have a pro fitter that had done it 1000 times. My local fitter was less than desirable with the nikes- didn't even adjust lie angles :(

Tap, tap, tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back