Transitions Championship [Spoilers]

no me gusta on the putt. woodland wins. tough break for simpson who's short game has been on all day until the very last chip. Probably ment to be, hard to win a tournament missing 11 greens

Ouch for Simpson.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Can anyone re-cap what happened? I was just at the range, I walk in the door turn on the TV and all I see is Webb's 15 foot putt and then the commentators say "but not this time." And that was it.

It was only a matter of time for Gary Woodland, good win for him!

Yep I like him a lot and he deserved that win. No missing a putt all day from inside 20 feet is INSANE!

lost in all the excitement i forgot that i had Woodland on my fantasy team. Woo Hoo! Go Me!

Great win by Gary Woodland! That was a great last few holes filled with some suspense as to who would hold on and who would crack. I was surprised that Simpson seemed to lose his driving rhythm there on those last few holes yet he still went with driver on 18. Anyhow, Gary was putting lights out today so it was a much deserved win! He seems like an exciting young player to watch. I have not seen him play much before because he doesn't get much TV time but he was fun to watch.

These guys are parachuting down to the 18th green.
a6890836-7adb-5354.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for \Woodland he as been knockin on the door last few tourneys , nice to see a fresh new face win

Man, I dont know how I pulled off a 6th place finish. I was in terrible position all week.

Man, I dont know how I pulled off a 6th place finish. I was in terrible position all week.

same here, before today the highest i got was 68th and spent most of the week in the 90's. woodland won and i had another guy finish top 5 to grab a backdoor 8th place finish. ain't pretty, but it'll get the job done

I did great! 62nd place. Awesome stuff. 19th overall.

Just got finished watching the replay coverage of this tournament. Man, everyone of these cats almost gave this tournament away. I have to be honest, I hate when a bunch of "no namers" are in contention. I lose interest pretty quickly. I was really surprised that Nick Watney wasn't relevant, that surprised me.

Just got finished watching the replay coverage of this tournament. Man, everyone of these cats almost gave this tournament away. I have to be honest, I hate when a bunch of "no namers" are in contention. I lose interest pretty quickly. I was really surprised that Nick Watney wasn't relevant, that surprised me.

I tried to watch it today I really did, but I just ended up watching basketball for the most part.

I tried to watch it today I really did, but I just ended up watching basketball for the most part.

Same here. I don't particularly enjoy watching Woodland, Simpson, De Jonge battle it out. It isn't really compelling to me.

Same here. I don't particularly enjoy watching Woodland, Simpson, De Jonge battle it out. It isn't really compelling to me.

If you going to give me young guns going for a win you have to give me a big name for them to be trying to take down. You take Woodland, Simpson, De Jonge trying to win with Phil, or Ernie tied for the lead then you have my attention, those same guys all trying to give it away was boring.

You are the kind of guy that only watches golf when Tiger is in the lead aren't you?

I loved it, what's not to love about seeing someone go for a life changing win like that? I have it on DVR and will watch it again tomorrow while I'm working from home.

You are the kind of guy that only watches golf when Tiger is in the lead aren't you?

I loved it, what's not to love about seeing someone go for a life changing win like that? I have it on DVR and will watch it again tomorrow while I'm working from home.

See cool's comments above. I'm all for seeing someone's life change, but I'd love to see Woodland battling Justin Rose or Nick Watney at the end, instead I got to watch a bunch of guys make bogey after bogey.......no thanks.

It was weak. Woodlands just a big monkey basketball player and webb simpson is the nerd who did his homework.

You have guys like me and puttin4bird who watch golf just because it's golf and don't care, so i'd like to ask those of you don't care to watch no-names why that is?

I'm not trying to sound condescending, i'm asking with all respect because i'm curious why it is that only the big names intrigue you enough to keep your interest?

Obviously we're all here because we love golf, and to me there's such a small difference between the world's #1 and #250 and i just love watching golf/being around golf that i'm going to watch and be invested whether it's Tiger or De Jonge. Does it feel bigger and is it a little easier to be invested when you have a leaderboard like we had in the Northern Trust with Tiger and Phil and Bubba, etc? yes it does. But the difference in my interest in that week or the match play or this week isn't all that much. Maybe i'll have a weekend every couple of months with a smaller event where i've had my golf fill and won't be as interested as i normally am, but more often than not i'm watching regardless of the leaderboard. That's me, and I understand and respect that a lot of people are different.

I'm just curious to pick your minds as to why and what that difference is? If you'll be so gracious as to indulge me

To me, certain guys intrigue me more than others. Its not just a popularity thing. There are just some guys I love to watch. KJ being one of them. Luke D. Tiger. Sean OHair.

You have guys like me and puttin4bird who watch golf just because it's golf and don't care, so i'd like to ask those of you don't care to watch no-names why that is?

I'm not trying to sound condescending, i'm asking with all respect because i'm curious why it is that only the big names intrigue you enough to keep your interest?

Obviously we're all here because we love golf, and to me there's such a small difference between the world's #1 and #250 and i just love watching golf/being around golf that i'm going to watch and be invested whether it's Tiger or De Jonge. Does it feel bigger and is it a little easier to be invested when you have a leaderboard like we had in the Northern Trust with Tiger and Phil and Bubba, etc? yes it does. But the difference in my interest in that week or the match play or this week isn't all that much. Maybe i'll have a weekend every couple of months with a smaller event where i've had my golf fill and won't be as interested as i normally am, but more often than not i'm watching regardless of the leaderboard. That's me, and I understand and respect that a lot of people are different.

I'm just curious to pick your minds as to why and what that difference is? If you'll be so gracious as to indulge me

Hey, I'll watch just golf with the best of them. Let me ask you a question: last weekend, did you watch just as much coverage of the Puerto Rico Open or did you tune into more of the Doral coverage? I mean, both fields were full of PGA Tour professionals. I tuned into Doral, and I did so for a reason, b/c that field contains the top 55 golfers in the world.

I watched the end but have to agree it was in no way must watch TV. I took a movie break right in the middle of it.

Hey, I'll watch just golf with the best of them. Let me ask you a question: last weekend, did you watch just as much coverage of the Puerto Rico Open or did you tune into more of the Doral coverage? I mean, both fields were full of PGA Tour professionals. I tuned into Doral, and I did so for a reason, b/c that field contains the top 55 golfers in the world.

I watched Doral because it was nbc hd while puerto rico was on golf channel standard def. Plus Doral is in the tiger woods game so i'm familiar with the course. But i did say in my original post that occasionally i'll have had my fill and won't be nearly as invested in a small tournament and i won't feel like i'm "missing" anything (for instance, even if i'm sick of golf i'm still going to watch the masters or the players championship because they're big deals), need to take a break to recharge; so you yes you could say that i'm guilty of it as well and i won't dispute that.

That said there'll be other times where i'll watch the nationwide, senior tour and lpga (also have the big ten match play in palm beach currently on the dvr), simply because it's golf and my interest in golf is in the sport regardless of who's playing (that sounded condescending, i apologize it's not how i intend it to be)

I have no problem with you guys not watching golf and i don't think any less of anybody as a golf fan for not watching (unless you're not watching the masters, then you might want to turn in your golf mancard); i'm just curious what causes you to be interested and watch certain guys over not watching others (especially in this sport where i feel the level of ability between guys like phil and guys like de jonge is minimal. where as the gap between lebron and the carlos arroyo, or the gap between a duke and a western carolina is much much wider).

I'm this way with every sport, i'll watch basketball if it's two high school teams or if it's two nba teams, i love watching the sport and thinking about the strategy/everything involved, who's playing doesn't necessarily matter, that's just how i tick. Which is why i'm curious to find out the details behind the other side's thoughts on why their interests fades depending on who's playing. I want to understand what makes you guys tick, in that regard.

Back