Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Yeah I can never tell on the range either. Good stuff dude.

Not at that distance. That is why I don't like to hit the ball 300yds. I can never tell where it goes. I try to keep it down to 250 at most so I can keep my eye on it.

Not at that distance. That is why I don't like to hit the ball 300yds. I can never tell where it goes. I try to keep it down to 250 at most so I can keep my eye on it.

lol yeah I hate when that happens. Stupid 400 yard drives. Thats why I like to get my Mashie on, easier to find them.

No local stores have the Mashie yet. I really want to add one or two to my bag. I just want to try it first. I am thinking that the Mashie would fit my game perfectly. Love this thread!

Most Golf Galaxys are carrying them now. They are in my local GG.

Most Golf Galaxys are carrying them now. They are in my local GG.

As long as you want a M3 or M4. No one has a M1 around me. Reminds me. I called GG on my way home and ask the guy that picked up "Do you have a M1 version of the Mashie?" He said "What?" I said "The Mashie, the Cleveland hybrid?" He said "Oh yeah which one?" I said " the M1" and he says hes going to look. He comes back on and says "What loft do you want?"
lmao. These guys. I said the M freakin 1, 15* oh no we dont have that one. ha

We dont have a golf galaxy. I was in Asheville today but the breweries took up most of my time. lol

I hate it when that happens!

WEll I got the Mashie to the range last night. I was swinging pretty good as I hit my irons well. The Mashie was not working for me. Now I had to hit off a mat last night and I have a feeling that had a lot to do with it. Anyone worried that the 59g shaft is not stout enough should not worry at all. I almost felt like it was too stout for me. I have a feeling I just need to put some time in with this club though. I mean I did hit some very nice and very long shots. But I also hit some worm burners which is something I had not done in a long time.

WEll I got the Mashie to the range last night. I was swinging pretty good as I hit my irons well. The Mashie was not working for me. Now I had to hit off a mat last night and I have a feeling that had a lot to do with it. Anyone worried that the 59g shaft is not stout enough should not worry at all. I almost felt like it was too stout for me. I have a feeling I just need to put some time in with this club though. I mean I did hit some very nice and very long shots. But I also hit some worm burners which is something I had not done in a long time.

Im pretty sure it was the mats CL. When I first tried the club last year before the outing, it was 2 swings off the mats and I hit them both thin. Next time out on grass, I simply fell in love.

Im pretty sure it was the mats CL. When I first tried the club last year before the outing, it was 2 swings off the mats and I hit them both thin. Next time out on grass, I simply fell in love.

From my experience, any brand hybrid golf club, is quite tough to hit off a mat or hardpan areas of a golf course. Too much bounce and especially tough, if you are a picker of the ball. With that said the Mashie is the bomb off the tee and on good turf!

Gonna take the M3 out today. Hoping the M1 comes in but not so sure.

Interesting take on the mats! It makes sense. I was hitting off of them the other day and it was a little tough goin, but with all my shots.

From my experience, any brand hybrid golf club, is quite tough to hit off a mat or hardpan areas of a golf course. Too much bounce and especially tough, if you are a picker of the ball. With that said the Mashie is the bomb off the tee and on good turf!

I agree. Hit the mashie again off the turf CL and then come back and tell how awesome it was.

Better yet, bury it in some rough and see what happens :)

Better yet, bury it in some rough and see what happens :)

Hey now, no jumping steps. First is the good turf then after confidence is high hit the deep rough shot and be surprised how well it works.

Hey now, no jumping steps. First is the good turf then after confidence is high hit the deep rough shot and be surprised how well it works.

That's a good point. My personal favorite is the slightly fluffy rough lie where it's propped up for you. I've hit some bombs with in that situation. Well, Hawk bombs are more like m-80's but they went far for me.

That's a good point. My personal favorite is the slightly fluffy rough lie where it's propped up for you. I've hit some bombs with in that situation. Well, Hawk bombs are more like m-80's but they went far for me.

Love those lies too. They set up very well for the Mashie BOOM

lol @ Hawk bombs!

I had the chace to rip the Mashie out of a fairway bunker. The ball actually got up much quicker than I anticipated and smashed a limb on an old oak tree. It was perfect contact though, and very easy to hit.

Another perk with the Mashie....The Punch shot. Playing in Florida last weekend on a course littered with old Spanish Oaks, the punch shot is a necessary shot and the Mashie was killer for it (thanks little brosuph for the advice on that one)

When you hit out of the bunker, do you just take a normal swing? Or do you hit behind the ball? Hope that made sense. I struggle with that shot.

lol @ Hawk bombs!

I had the chace to rip the Mashie out of a fairway bunker. The ball actually got up much quicker than I anticipated and smashed a limb on an old oak tree. It was perfect contact though, and very easy to hit.

Another perk with the Mashie....The Punch shot. Playing in Florida last weekend on a course littered with old Spanish Oaks, the punch shot is a necessary shot and the Mashie was killer for it (thanks little brosuph for the advice on that one)

Mashie is my go-to club for punch shots as well. I just have to be careful not to hit the ball too far. I also hit it out of a fairway bunker and slightly fatted it, but still went pretty far with good height. A little better swing could have put me on the green.

When you hit out of the bunker, do you just take a normal swing? Or do you hit behind the ball? Hope that made sense. I struggle with that shot.

You want to hit it clean, Yoccos. Kind of the opposite of a greenside bunker shot.

People with multiple mashies, how are you countering that the headcovers all look the same?

I find that the number on the cover is tough to see in a stand bag and twice during my last simulator round I initially pulled the wrong one.

I ended up separating them in my bag. I wish each Mashie had a different color head cover, then you could "collect them all!"

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

People with multiple mashies, how are you countering that the headcovers all look the same?

I find that the number on the cover is tough to see in a stand bag and twice during my last simulator round I initially pulled the wrong one.

I ended up separating them in my bag. I wish each Mashie had a different color head cover, then you could "collect them all!"

Mine had to be separated too. I kept grabbing the wrong one so I split them up.

lol @ Hawk bombs!

I love the fairway bunker shot with the Mashie! It just destroys it out of the sand. When I played at Tobacco Road last month, I was able to get a lot of this testing done. Most of the roughs there are sand traps since it was built on an old sand mine.

Haha, well I have seperate spaces for each club in my stand bag. Kinda cool feature. I have a spot for each club. They all go back in the same spot. But if it wasn't like that I'm not sure how I'd do it.

Thanks Hawk, I'm gonna practice that one today a lot I have a feeling.

You want to hit it clean, Yoccos. Kind of the opposite of a greenside bunker shot.

Just saw these listed at my favourite golfstore for $160. That's outrageously cheap! It's gonna take every ounce of selfcontrol I can muster not to order these before the Spring Outing. It'd be somewhat silly, as I've yet to determine what shaft to go for. But still ...

Btw, should I expect to be able to handle the M1 considering that my swingspeed is not exactly the fastest? Guess I'll find out in May, but It'd really make finishing the top of my bag much simpler. I'm very much a hybrid fan, and have never really gotten comfortable with my 4w.

(apologies if you've allready been over this, but don't feel like going through 145 pages if replies if I can help it)

Back