Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I wasnt sure I could get more excited to have an M1 in my hands but this is insane! Great stuff G4L and all the Mashie purchasers (word??) will be extremely happy.

Another range session today and I only hit the mashie 5 times, but all five were bombs. This club is truly cheating.

wow, all these reviews with the M1 are making me want to consider picking up an M1 rather than continuing to look at a 3/4w for my bag. I already have an M3 & M4 en-route and can't wait for them to get here.

Nice read, G4L. Really getting me amped up for my mashie. Hopefully it arrives before the weekend!

This is so exciting that everybody is getting "THE MASHIE" in there hands and on the course. I am so glad that it is doing great things for others too. I was able to get out and play 9 today.

The Mashie did some great things till I got to the last hole. Here is how it went down.

2nd hole- It was a 335 thin Par 4, I teed off with the Mashie and hit a nice bombing drive down the center of the thin fairway. It put me 115 out from the green, which was a perfect PW in to the green. 10 ft birdie put and dropped it. Thank you Mashie for staring the hole out right.

5th hole- 497 Par 5, I hooked my drive off the tee and had about 205 to the 100 yd marker. I pulled the Mashie out and put it right at 97 yds out. Gave me a nice AW in to the green that I missed right due to the wind. Chipped on and parred out. Thanks again, Mashie for saving my score.

9th hole- 564 Par 5, 1 Handicap hole of the course, I put my drive right out in the center of the fairway. I was still a long way out. I decided to use the Mashie to lay up. This is where I hooked the ball dead into the woods left. I don't know what happened. I dropped another one, for a practice shot to see what was going on and did the same thing again. I went and found my first one that had bounced to the edge of the woods. I was still about 205 out from the small green. I so wanted to get on with the Mashie so I decided to go at it again. I didn't hook this one, but put a hard draw on it and missed the green left. I am not sure what happened on this hole, but the Mashie did so great all day long. I hope to make it to the range later this week, to assess the problem. I think I just had problems with it on that hole.

I can't wait to get my M1 in on Thursday. I hope to get out to the range on Friday with it and I will let you know how it goes.

Edit:

Here are some updated pictures of the wear on the Mashie.
IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

Last edited:
golf4life,

if you don't mind may i ask what your swingspeed is and what distance you normally hit 3 woods?

i thought the idea of the 15.5 as a 3wood/ mostly a really accurate minidriver could be a good idea, sounds like it is for you so far.

Lots of great write ups on this stick! I can hardly wait till I get mine in the bag and see what happens.

G4L by the end of this year you might end up on the Tour. You are playing very well right now!

M4 and M2 arrived today! Simulator tomorrow!

Man I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I am planning to try one out this week. We'll see how it goes.

Took a test spin with the 23* tonight...hearts...avg 190 slight right of center. That was awesome cause me and the Adams have been fighting the lefts lately. Sadly all they had was the 23* in flex code 4422, so I couldn't experiment, since I have no dang clue what that means I want to try more before dropping the buy hammer.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Took a test spin with the 23* tonight...hearts...avg 190 slight right of center. That was awesome cause me and the Adams have been fighting the lefts lately. Sadly all they had was the 23* in flex code 4422, so I couldn't experiment, since I have no dang clue what that means I want to try more before dropping the buy hammer.

I'm pretty sure that flex code would be a regular flex. I have stiff, their in the car so I can't check, but I know the flex code was different then that.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

I believe 4422 is regular as Kevin suggests. That is what I ordered originally and I can check if you would like, just msg me.

That was my thinking, tried to think back to the itr show with the miyazaki guy.6000's were in memory as stiff.

Edit: hit it with heavily taped face, any clue how much that deadens the face? Dang grip was wrapped in celophane as well!

I'm pretty sure that flex code would be a regular flex. I have stiff, their in the car so I can't check, but I know the flex code was different then that.

That was my thinking, tried to think back to the itr show with the miyazaki guy.6000's were in memory as stiff.

Edit: hit it with heavily taped face, any clue how much that deadens the face? Dang grip was wrapped in celophane as well!

Yeah I think my stiff Mashie have 8's and 6's on them for the code. I hate hitting inside those stores. Tape and mats and bad balls. I don't even know how you hit with the grip still covered.

Two gloved death grip. Cleveland has a demo day coming soon down here, trying to weasel outta work for it.

Yeah I think my stiff Mashie have 8's and 6's on them for the code. I hate hitting inside those stores. Tape and mats and bad balls. I don't even know how you hit with the grip still covered.

You demoed the R flex, SW.

Its great to hear all the reviews. I can never hit a FW consistently. My burner 2.0s in my bag start at a 5 iron. If you were to buy two Mashies would you suggest the m1 and m3? also curious how others out there that play the super blacks find the distances to compare. I thought the M1 was close to the Super Black 17 degree - they have the same length shafts and are only a degree and half different.

Its great to hear all the reviews. I can never hit a FW consistently. My burner 2.0s in my bag start at a 5 iron. If you were to buy two Mashies would you suggest the m1 and m3? also curious how others out there that play the super blacks find the distances to compare. I thought the M1 was close to the Super Black 17 degree - they have the same length shafts and are only a degree and half different.

Either M3 and M4 or M2 and M4.

So is that the only flex code in the r flex mashie? I was thinking there were a few options in each category. Of course with me think and mistaken are interchangeable (sp).

You demoed the R flex, SW.

So is that the only flex code in the r flex mashie? I was thinking there were a few options in each category. Of course with me think and mistaken are interchangeable (sp).

In the 59g shaft, yes. The 83g has a different flex code as it is a very different shaft in terms of launch, etc.

golf4life,

if you don't mind may i ask what your swingspeed is and what distance you normally hit 3 woods?

i thought the idea of the 15.5 as a 3wood/ mostly a really accurate minidriver could be a good idea, sounds like it is for you so far.

provx, my driver SS is about 115, maybe a little more when I step on it.

When I get both cheeks into a 3 wood, I can get it out there up to 270 off the tee, 260 from the fairway. Problem is, just as often I hit a ballooning, weak fade with it that goes about 230 or even less. I was hitting the M1 about 260 off the tee today, and accurately too. I think the M1 could definitely be a 3W or 4W replacement for many golfers. Also, I think TC alluded to this earlier, but the mashies seem to be anti slice. I know I got quick on the transition on one of my 2 Mashies off the tee today, and it stayed straight, where with my 3 Wood, I KNOW it would have been the week 230 yard slice.

Another big benefit to the M1 over a fairway wood is the price! I don' see a downside to replacing your fairway woods with the mashies at this time.

G4L by the end of this year you might end up on the Tour. You are playing very well right now!

Thanks Chunkylover, I'm stoked about my rounds lately. I'm starting to look forward to teeing it up on the Champions at the THP outing!

Thanx razr

In the 59g shaft, yes. The 83g has a different flex code as it is a very different shaft in terms of launch, etc.

My average would be longer on the Mashie M1 because I was much more consistent on the launch monitor with the Mashie than Super Black. However, on flushed shots, I think the Super Black is longer. I think of my Super Black as almost a 4 wood, so hitting the Mashie seems to be much much easier and more versatile. I am seriously considering replacing my hybrids with Mashies.

Back