Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

I still want these.

I remember when everyone wanted 2.0's, and now everybody is dumping them on the floor. Those were the days.

Wait that was a month ago? :D

I remember when everyone wanted 2.0's, and now everybody is dumping them on the floor. Those were the days.

I dont think anybody is necessarily dumping the 2.0s on the ground, just that we all want a set just to have.

Kind of like if you want another putter, its not knocking yours out of the bag, you just want it. Same thing with these.

I dont think that is the case at all. These were tested at the THP Demo Day months ago and some preferred these over the 2.0s. I had both sets and preferred this set hence the reason they have been in my bag since the outing.

No not true at all. Both sets are very good irons though and I think between the two just about anyone could find what they like.

Really awesome looking set of sticks and they are pulling really hard on the snake charmer :bicker:

I dont think that is the case at all. These were tested at the THP Demo Day months ago and some preferred these over the 2.0s. I had both sets and preferred this set hence the reason they have been in my bag since the outing.

I liked these better than the 2.0's as well. I liked the x24 hots better than them too. God I loved THP Demo Day

You guys make it very hard for a guy to keep his resolve. I keep telling myself to wait, but it is getting very hard (and the clubs haven't even come out yet)

I Tapped, I Talked

You guys make it very hard for a guy to keep his resolve. I keep telling myself to wait, but it is getting very hard (and the clubs haven't even come out yet)

I Tapped, I Talked

This thread should be encouraging you to wait! These were the second best clubs I hit at the demo day (outside the Mashie) and they werent even on my radar. Head to head they won out over the B2.0. Don't go into may with any notions about what you want, hit random things, and something will jump out to you like these did for me.

JL- you are seeing a demographic bias. You are in the cg16 thread and so the people here are more interested in the cg16. Those that aren't interested (or prefer the burners) will post in the burner thread.

Tapatalk- for when work is not enough...

Last edited:
I hope my CG16s (5-PW) will be here within next 2-3 weeks. I'm performing a personal eval between Burner 2.0s (KBS shaft) and CG16s (stock shaft). I probably will end up keeping both sets.

I hope my CG16s (5-PW) will be here within next 2-3 weeks. I'm performing a personal eval between Burner 2.0s (KBS shaft) and CG16s (stock shaft). I probably will end up keeping both sets.

Looking forward to your results. Curious question, why did you not test stock vs stock?

Looking forward to your review and comparison on these two.

Looking forward to your results. Curious question, why did you not test stock vs stock?

Mostly personal preference, I really enjoyed KBS 90's shaft on my Adams CB2 4-iron. And after hitting Burner 2.0 off the mat at the Dicks Sporting, I decided with KBS 90s shaft is better suited for me IMO. I've tried Burner 2.0 with KBS tour 120, a little bit too much for me.

Mostly personal preference, I really enjoyed KBS 90's shaft on my Adams CB2 4-iron. And after hitting Burner 2.0 off the mat at the Dicks Sporting, I decided with KBS 90s shaft is better suited for me IMO. I've tried Burner 2.0 with KBS tour 120, a little bit too much for me.

Why not put the shafts you like in the Clevelands too is what I meant to do the testing? Merely curious.

Why not put the shafts you like in the Clevelands too is what I meant to do the testing? Merely curious.

Good point, I pre-ordered Cleveland CG16s from Golf Smith online which didn't have this option yet. I've to save some $$$ for the Dromos shaft or Z-Star driver?:act-up:

I love to hate this thread.

'Played' with these on Sunday and when my swing was working, these irons reminded me of just how good they are. If I was in the market for irons, I think these would be in the bag as of yesterday.

They just seem to scream... "BUY ME, I swear Ill work out for you."

I love to hate this thread.

'Played' with these on Sunday and when my swing was working, these irons reminded me of just how good they are. If I was in the market for irons, I think these would be in the bag as of yesterday.

Bridges- you are seeing a demographic bias. You are in the cg16 thread and so the people here are more interested in the cg16. Those that aren't interested (or prefer the burners) will post in the burner thread.

Tapatalk- for when work is not enough...

I'm not sure what your referring to? Did you mean to quote a post of mine or what? I'm aware that people will post in the appropriate threads of the forum about which clubs there interested in. Don't quite follow what your saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much time did you spend with the stock shafts JB? What kind of launch do they provide? Would putting a heavier shaft in like the DG High Launch (26g heavier than stock) affect the performance a lot?

How much time did you spend with the stock shafts JB? What kind of launch do they provide? Would putting a heavier shaft in like the DG High Launch (26g heavier than stock) affect the performance a lot?

I still have them in stock shafts also. They were at the outing for everybody as well.

They offer a high ball flight and one I think many amateurs should go after.

I still have them in stock shafts also. They were at the outing for everybody as well.

They offer a high ball flight and one I think many amateurs should go after.

I know they were there, I just never got the chance to hit them. Needless to say, I'm really liking the changes THP made to the Demo Day for this year. There will be a lot more time to try a lot more stuff. But that's for another thread.

Would you say the stock shafts are worth replacing at all? I've got the DG High Launchers in my VRs and they seem top notch. Would there be a lot of difference between the two shafts with these heads?

Not for the average player no. I think some get way to caught up in shafts in this area before working some things out. Repeatable swing first. Then shaft fitting.

Not for the average player no. I think some get way to caught up in shafts in this area before working some things out. Repeatable swing first. Then shaft fitting.

I remember asking about the bolded part a while back when TC got his Rifles for his X-22s. Never really got an answer, so I became more focused on fitting above everything else. I know it's still important, and when the snow up here is gone, I'll be going hard on my swing, so hopefully fitting can re-enter the equation again.

Thanks for the info JB.

I'm not sure what your referring to? Did you mean to quote a post of mine or what? I'm aware that people will post in the appropriate threads of the forum about which clubs there interested in. Don't quite follow what your saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops- I meant that to responded to Junior Lefty. My bad- it was awfully early for me! Edited to reflect

Back