What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 36 on Thursday since I was off for Veterans day. Opened up with a 82 and then followed that with an 81. Played a different course today in the rain/drizzle and shot an 84. I hit a lot of greens but the problem was that the greens were so large that I had 60 foot putts for birdie. Needless to say I didn't drop too many of those. Wet greens play havoc with my putting stroke.

Played today for the first time in almost a year on a course I have never seen before and shot a 94. I will put some pictures of the course up in another thread soon.

Played with ole gray, ad willingham and his dad at old union. Went out in 39, came home in 37 for a 76. Hit the ball well off the tee and actually putted well today. I'm super proud cause my little brother beat me today!! Well done little bro, great round of 75!

Adwillingham and his dad were an absolute treat to play golf with. Both of them are sneaky good and both of them are very solid golfers. I'd tee it up with either of them again in a heart beat! I'm glad they made they trek to play golf with us today and ad is very passionate about this wonderful game. I hope he finds more time to tee it up. There's no telling how good that guy could be if he could golf once a week or so.

Thanks AD, I really enjoyed the round.

Way to go TC and One-T! I know all of you are having a great time. Hope you enjoy those steaks tonight!

I went to Houston Lake Country Club today which is about 1 hour from my house and played in a women's tournament, 4 person scramble format (80 women played in it). I've never played there before and just fell in love with the course.

Our team won 1st place in our flight with a 64. We had 8 birdies with no bogeys. We were so excited! I was really on with my irons today. I had a lesson yesterday and really worked on them. It paid off! Unfortunately my driver was off again. I think that is pretty typical of me when I play in a scramble and have to hit behind someone who crushes the ball. I just try to swing too hard. Lucky for our team, we had an ace in the hole. That lady was 58 years old but I swear she could knock the heck out of a golf ball.

I won a $120 gift certificate to the pro shop (bought 2 nice golf jackets) and to top it off, won the split the pot drawing and walked out of there with $199 cash!!!! GREAT DAY!

That is a great day! Congratulations.

Way to go TC and One-T! I know all of you are having a great time. Hope you enjoy those steaks tonight!

I went to Houston Lake Country Club today which is about 1 hour from my house and played in a women's tournament, 4 person scramble format (80 women played in it). I've never played there before and just fell in love with the course.

Our team won 1st place in our flight with a 64. We had 8 birdies with no bogeys. We were so excited! I was really on with my irons today. I had a lesson yesterday and really worked on them. It paid off! Unfortunately my driver was off again. I think that is pretty typical of me when I play in a scramble and have to hit behind someone who crushes the ball. I just try to swing too hard. Lucky for our team, we had an ace in the hole. That lady was 58 years old but I swear she could knock the heck out of a golf ball.

I won a $120 gift certificate to the pro shop (bought 2 nice golf jackets) and to top it off, won the split the pot drawing and walked out of there with $199 cash!!!! GREAT DAY!

Some great rounds out there today! Way to go people!

Wow Kelly, that is awesome, congrats on winning the tourney and that really rocks that you won that cash too! Buy yourself something awesome with it!

Very nice! :alien2:

Played yesterday at a nice little muni in Winston Salem, NC with a customer and two of his friends. I haven't played a lot of 18 hole rounds this fall due to work restraints but have been working hard on my swing at the range and it is finally paying off. I shot 3 under on the front side with a 3 putt bogey but had a double on the back as well as 2 more 3 putts and it all added up to even par 72 which was better than I expected before teeing off so I'm happy about that. It is the first time in a long time I hit every fairway and I was hitting my driver very solid. Makes the game a whole lot more fun when hitting from the fairway. I am usually a very strong iron player but had a little trouble yesterday with the dormat bermuda with my irons but still hit a lot of greens just nothing real close except I knocked it to 6 inches on the par 3 8th hole with a 6 iron from 180.:banana:

We had a great time and then we finished around the time the Va. Tech - North Carolina football game kicked off so I got to watch my Hokies beat up on the Tar Heels. :bananadance::banana::clapp:

Played yesterday at Cocoa Beach Country Club (fancy name, but it's a muni). The course was in perfect shape, definitely ready for the season. Started out a little shaky but managed a couple good chips & putts to keep the damage down. Had a great back nine and ended up with another 47 - 43 for my second straight 90. The course was an easier one than yesterday's, but I played from a little longer yardage so the slope/rating was closer than it normally would be.

No birdies for the round, but managed a string of 4 straight pars (8, 9, 10, 11) and picked up another on 14. Only hit 5 fairways today, and couldn't hit a green to save my life. Managed to only have one hole with a 7, everything else was 6 or less which makes me happy!

Played golf at my home course with two women who came from out of town. Our Superintendent/Manager (my boss) also played with us. I shot a 90 from the senior tees. Not a great game at all but we had fun! I never play well in front of my boss!

Played with ole gray, ad willingham and his dad at old union. Went out in 39, came home in 37 for a 76. Hit the ball well off the tee and actually putted well today. I'm super proud cause my little brother beat me today!! Well done little bro, great round of 75!

Adwillingham and his dad were an absolute treat to play golf with. Both of them are sneaky good and both of them are very solid golfers. I'd tee it up with either of them again in a heart beat! I'm glad they made they trek to play golf with us today and ad is very passionate about this wonderful game. I hope he finds more time to tee it up. There's no telling how good that guy could be if he could golf once a week or so.

Thanks AD, I really enjoyed the round.

I did not get to see One-T shoot his great round but I did see my buddy TC play some beautiful golf! He hit some awesome shots and the 76 could have been three or four strokes better. His power fade was a thing of beauty and his irons were very crisp. Just great golf.

Adwillingham and Dad were great guys who play a very good stick! I was impressed with their ball striking to say the least. I was telling Donnie how great he was playing and could not believe he had not played at all since the THP outing at WPB. I can attest to what TC said about AD could be a very good player if he had the time to put into it.

Now ole gray struck the ball solid all day however I did have a couple of train wrecks. They happened when I had a 12 on hole #3 which is a par five and a 10 on par four hole #8 . I shot a 51 on the front side with those two large blowout holes and a 46 on the back which included a triple on hole #18 which gave me a 97. Not at all disappointed because, (1) The company was awesome, (2)I struck the ball solid most of the day, and (3) We were playing from the tee boxes which were approx 6900 yds long so yep,, I had a super time!

48/48
i think i missed 2 fw's today but could not do anything with them cuz i only hit 1 green and that was on a par3 =/
my 3h is giving me fits
irons were okay
wedges were on and off
i was hitting teh right club all day long but my aim was wayyyy off
at least i didnt 3 putt today

one word: awful.

haha - met up with rxgus and played a course here in columbus. great to meet a fellow thp'er! my first round with another thp member. We laughed alot - mostly at our "awesome" swings.

It was about 42 degrees when i arrived at the course this morning - i left my jacket at home - so all i had was my long sleeve shirt and my rain jacket that was in my bag. Putted like a two year old, and must have forgot how to read a green bc i dont think i read one correctly the whole day haha. Anyone know a good putting instructor? I need one.

Drives were decent - had a few nice long ones with a good draw - was making good contact with my irons - but the accuracy was simply not there - i was left or right, long and short. But such is the game of golf - had a good time with Gus and cant wait for the next time - hopefully in warmer weather!

May CANNOT come soon enough!

Ugh... Low 50's on the front nine today. But I think I played good... I don't understand how I have great shots and still shoot so bad. Oh well. Very consistent with my driver today. Almost every drive I hit went more than 220 which is great for me. I think it's my irons that kill me. I'll either hit it way fat or way thin. My short game was alright... Need to work on putting.

May CANNOT come soon enough!
Oh cg....don't start talking like that just yet, that is absolutely AGES away from right now. We're stretching our season out at least another week or two it looks like, good thing as I've got reviews to get done!

I love this thread, keep up the good golf everyone, soon I'll be coming in green with envy because you're all still playing!

Had a GREAT round with CG13 today. (Great is the adjective describing the company, not the golf)

He pretty much summed up my round. My driver did NOTHING but misbehave all day, alternating between striping balls dead center and a HUGE slice that caused me to loose balls on some of the most wide open driving holes you have ever seen. Overall I just didn't drive well, I didn't hit my irons well, didn't chip well, and struggled on the greens. Oops.

I will attribute a lot of my problems to changing my swing. I saw some video of it a few days ago and I was APPALLED how much my swing had changed (for the worse) since the outing. So after watching my swing 3-4 times I decided to try to fix my obvious swing faults.

The result of today is this: I will be taking regular indoor lessons throughout the winter in hopes of being in good form come the spring. If I don't I wont be sub 15 handicap for much longer!

Played a pretty tough Links style course last week with my buddy Chad.
Shot a 50 on the front due to not being able to contol the pace of my putts. Greens were rolling at 11-12 and my normal course's greens hardly ever get above 8-9. Also, the fairways were really tight with O.B. right and left on almost every hole.
Put my driver in time out for the back 9 because I was determined to shoot under 50. Worked out OK, shot a 46 for a 96 total score.
The good: I was GIR on every par 3 and parred all of them. Extremely rare for me!!
The bad: all of the par 5's ate me alive. I had a 7, 8 and 9 and on the last par 4 I got an 8 from hitting OB twice and neither was off the tee!!
Loved the course though. Was my first real round on a Links style course. Felt totally different than the Lakes course they have there as well.
Plus the round was free for my birthday. Pretty hard to beat that!!

heppy bday tdinbr!

i shot 46/42
teebox was my fave place except on 18
anything on a tee i was piping
approach shots were hit an miss and i should have had wayyy more girs from where my teeshots left me
chipping and pitching were super shorrrrrrrt... ugggh
putting was frustrating since i missed every birdie putt by just a blade of grass
all in all today was pretty fun and at least i was in the 80s

Nice rounds, guys!

42/45
finally hitting the ball like the old me on the front... just played target golf
then i hit the wall on the back... granny invasion(the senior ladies group)
big fat snowman on #11... then army frikken golf after that(left right left right)
but at least i broke 90 today
the greens smelled like poop today hahaha... i think they put some kinda fertilizer down
the smell matched my ball striking on the back even lost 2 balls where i had no business losing them... a huge duck hook and a banana slice
at least i finished the round relatively strong

47/42
front just spanked me and called my momma names today
i lost a bunch of balls and it was windyyyyy
couldnt hit one golf shot at all on the front and was lucky to get away with a 47
started a decent run on #9 with 4 pars in a row and 3 super clutch 1 putts in a row on the back...
but came right back to reality by blowing up #13
i was 100 out after duffing my 5i off the tee... so i promptly flushed my gw over the green over the black teebox over the bushes and into the drink about 150yrds away with the help of a 40mph tailwind that came out of nowhere =/

44/43
really fun today even tho i lost 2 balls(really bad bounces)
played with a couple of good friends and a single from vegas
i only really duffed a few shots today... the others felt pretty crisp
i hit every fw on the back... just wish i could get more girs

oh yeah i popped a good one 277 leaving me a wedge to a green i never get girs on... thennnn i fly it =/

Nice job again, Russ! Dude, you are starting to make me jealous with all your golfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back