What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I needed it bad . I'll talk a bit more in the Yoccos thread since I like to gab and this isn't really the place for it :)

ok dude! congrats all the same man. shooting a score like that is great in those conditions.

Broski you are seriouslybecomming motivation for me. Awesome score man. Especiallywith those conditions.
Bounced back big time today. Played in absolutely ridiculous weather. 45° - sustained winds at 20mph and 35mph gusts. It rained a bit and then it hailed for a little while. It was so rotten that my GPS couldn't pick up a satellite. In other words, everything that could have been against me was :) I was really happy to come out with a 99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bounced back big time today. Played in absolutely ridiculous weather. 45° - sustained winds at 20mph and 35mph gusts. It rained a bit and then it hailed for a little while. It was so rotten that my GPS couldn't pick up a satellite. In other words, everything that could have been against me was :) I was really happy to come out with a 99.

awesome hawk! sounds like a great round in horrible conditions.

AZ, you are on a HOT streak right now! Way to go, buddy!

Thanks, I just want to keep this going. I'm playing a super hard course tomorrow and then I have my Men's Club Saturday. Just going to play one shot at a time and see how it goes!

Played 18 before work yesterday- shot an 86. Driver was giving me fits- missing barely left. Was hitting greens with my irons which is weird. Strange how my driving which is usually the better part of my game just switches with my iron play which is not the strong suit. If I could only get them to light up at the SAME time lol.

Putted ok wasn't sinking many long ones but the lags were there.

Played by myself which I think I'm going to have to stop doing. On #6- 135 yard par3, hit a light PW and it was dead straight on the stick... My thoughts were ,"please don't go in, please don't go in, OMG PLEASE DONT GO IN!!.." as it rolled from left to right over the hole. I couldn't tell how close it was until I got up there but it must have missed the cup by inches.. I swear if I hole one out with no witnesses I will drop to my knees and cry on the spot.

Then I'd frame the ball and look at it everyday and imagine why they hate me. Haha here's a pic of the hole and pitch. Mark.

6pw.jpg

Last edited:

Great job Hawk, thats determination man. Nothin like a little hail, rain and a tsunami to play in, haha.

Played 18 before work yesterday- shot an 86. Driver was giving me fits- missing barely left. Was hitting greens with my irons which is weird. Strange how my driving which is usually the better part of my game just switches with my iron play which is not the strong suit. If I could only get them to light up at the SAME time lol.

Putted ok wasn't sinking many long ones but the lags were there.

The question is....did you make the putt?:D

Played by myself which I think I'm going to have to stop doing. On #6- 135 yard par3, hit a light PW and it was dead straight on the stick... My thoughts were ,"please don't go in, please don't go in, OMG PLEASE DONT GO IN!!.." as it rolled from left to right over the hole. I couldn't tell how close it was until I got up there but it must have missed the cup by inches.. I swear if I hole one out with no witnesses I will drop to my knees and cry on the spot.

Then I'd frame the ball and look at it everyday and imagine why they hate me. Haha here's a pic of the hole and pitch. Mark.

6pw.jpg

The question is did you make the putt?

44/41
today was a good day(and super lucky)
had the course all to myself(cart path only and muddy)
and i got members bounces all day long(off of trees and onto fw's)
2 birdies today! on #1 and #11... 11 was 3" away from being an eagle and ill take tap in birdies anytime
even popped a huge drive on #9 (wind assisted) 280 dead straight
i didnt lose a ball until #16 and managed to walk away with a bogey
very fun day

The question is did you make the putt?

Yea one of two birdies on the day- it was maybe 2 feet at best. I'm putting pretty good- under 5 feet automatic

Nice rounds, russ and cg!

-8 in scramble today. I think we did really well with 2 that might play once a year and other maybe 6 times a year. Work sponsored a team so it was better than being there!

good rounds being posted.

I shot 79 today. 41 / 38.
3 doubles, 4 bogeys, 9 pars and 2 birdies.
29 putts.

pretty happy with my performance, felt good today. :)

Was able to make it out for a weird 13 holes yesterday before darkness set in.

Par 52- shot a +8 60. Overall pretty good. 2 bad holes but pared a WICKED uphill 490 yard par 4.
Driver; 3wood left me 40 yards short. Pitch to 6 ft and drained the par. NEVER pared the hole before. There is a hole that runs parallel to it, back downhill that is 30 yards longer and is a par 5.

Was able to make it out for a weird 13 holes yesterday before darkness set in.

Par 52- shot a +8 60. Overall pretty good. 2 bad holes but pared a WICKED uphill 490 yard par 4.
Driver; 3wood left me 40 yards short. Pitch to 6 ft and drained the par. NEVER pared the hole before. There is a hole that runs parallel to it, back downhill that is 30 yards longer and is a par 5.

Good job partner!

So the weather man says, HIGH OF 62, LOW WINDS, SUNNY, GREAT DAY!!! and our ears perked up like a dog who was just asked if they wanted to go for a ride. We get out there and no way it's warmer than 45 and the WIND is HOWLING a good 25 mph with gusts even higher. Well we play anyway and it warmed up and by the last few holes the wind died to a manageable 19 mph.

I was smoking the ball today, yesterday at the range something clicked and I fixed my big slices and missing everything short and right. The start of the round was 3 holes dead into the wind when it was at it's highest, I started out with a double on 1, bogey on 2, par on 3. We turned around and got the wind at our back or side almost the rest of the round and I was just hammering balls today but for the life of me could not putt. They haven't been mowing much (if at all) lately so everything was slow and the wind was affecting the putts like crazy. I am normally a decent putter and today I 3 putted 5 holes! If we were playing snake I would have gone home BROKE as a joke. So it was very disheartening to shoot an 82 while I was stoking the ball so well.

One funny shot on our par 5 6th hole, straight down wind, I did hit a bonehead drive into the water, took my drop and had 308 to the front of the green. 3 wood smoked to the front fringe, walked off with a 6...even though it was technically a 2 putt I did putt from just off the front of the green so I that was tallied into my lovely 3 putt total. That just goes to show how well everything else was going, stinking putts....I just couldn't make a THING today. Hopefully it's just the greens as normally our greens are pretty smooth and fast, lately bumpy and slow can be best used to describe them....but then again it's November so I should know it.

So the weather man says, HIGH OF 62, LOW WINDS, SUNNY, GREAT DAY!!! and our ears perked up like a dog who was just asked if they wanted to go for a ride. We get out there and no way it's warmer than 45 and the WIND is HOWLING a good 25 mph with gusts even higher. Well we play anyway and it warmed up and by the last few holes the wind died to a manageable 19 mph.

I was smoking the ball today, yesterday at the range something clicked and I fixed my big slices and missing everything short and right. The start of the round was 3 holes dead into the wind when it was at it's highest, I started out with a double on 1, bogey on 2, par on 3. We turned around and got the wind at our back or side almost the rest of the round and I was just hammering balls today but for the life of me could not putt. They haven't been mowing much (if at all) lately so everything was slow and the wind was affecting the putts like crazy. I am normally a decent putter and today I 3 putted 5 holes! If we were playing snake I would have gone home BROKE as a joke. So it was very disheartening to shoot an 82 while I was stoking the ball so well.

One funny shot on our par 5 6th hole, straight down wind, I did hit a bonehead drive into the water, took my drop and had 308 to the front of the green. 3 wood smoked to the front fringe, walked off with a 6...even though it was technically a 2 putt I did putt from just off the front of the green so I that was tallied into my lovely 3 putt total. That just goes to show how well everything else was going, stinking putts....I just couldn't make a THING today. Hopefully it's just the greens as normally our greens are pretty smooth and fast, lately bumpy and slow can be best used to describe them....but then again it's November so I should know it.

Great ball smacking day buddy! If that old flat stick comes out of hibernation, you will be throwing some show nuff low numbers down...

we must have the same weathermen P4B!
cuz it was supposed to be sunny mid to high 50s
instead it was gail force winds partly cloudy in the beginning and high 40s
today i shot 51/46
just attempting to hit the ball was an adventure... that baby didnt wanna even stay on a tee
i thought for sure i was gonna get at least 1 300+ yrd drive today(wind assisted) nope
i did hit my 52° way farther than it was meant to go
i felt like i was easter egg hunting cuz of all the leaves blowing around everywhere... hahaha
oh well... at least i can say i was out in it

shot 43/44 started off at 7:30 am 40* with 15-25 mph winds , thats called a breeze in Kansas . LOL

Shot an 84 today which was very good for me. It was a good round in less than perfect conditions until I jammed my wrist. I had one of my longest drives as well, 272 yards.

Shot a 104 @ TPC Prestancia, shot a 98 @ Sarasota National, and shot a 45 @ Boca Royale (9 holes)

Busy weekend of golf but more than worth it

Shot a 104 @ TPC Prestancia, shot a 98 @ Sarasota National, and shot a 45 @ Boca Royale (9 holes)

Busy weekend of golf but more than worth it

im totally jelly... i bet it was warm there too

Palmer Hills Golf Course on Sunday morning. 6300+ from the whites and around 130 slope. I was the first person out (solo) at about 7:10. It was CHILLY and a bit windy. I haven't played the course in about a year because it's kind of goofy and I'd heard it was in bad shape (it was).

Shot a so-so 105. I was very bad off the tee. Lost a few balls and got myself into a lot of tough spots. Irons were pretty good, but not great. Putting was bad (36 not counting a few from the fringe). Chipping and pitching was ok, but it wasn't enough to save my score today.

Saturday Nov 6 1100 tee time 45 degrees warming to 60 - gorgeous day
Pine View / Island View

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 6
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 3
8 par 4 3
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

Pine 35 Island 38 - 73

My partner calls me Friday and tells me we have a tee time for 1100 - then he doesn't show! I have warmed up, and since I have no game I go to my car and load up to leave (didn't want to play as a single on a heavily foursomed course). Then another of my usual group pulled in and wanted to play, so I unloaded and out we went.

I start with a solid routine par going into the wind, but at #2 I block my approach right, then pitch too hard over the green into the far fringe - but somehow I holed the 25 footer for par,. At #3 I come up just short in regulation, then CHILI DIP my pitch about 4 feet, but get up and in for bogey. Another short pich led to bogey at #5, and I got away with a bladed 9I to the par 3 6th. So I arrive at #7 2 over par and not playing very well. I hit a nice drive at that par 5 and from 220 hit 3W sweetly pin high in the left fringe, and holed the 20 footer from there for eagle - and just like that I am even par! Bouyed, I crack a long drive at #8 and from 50 yards pitch to 5 feet and make birdie. At #9 I get above the front pin and thunder my birdie putt down the slick slope 12 feet past, but I manage to drill the comebacker to finish off my 35. #10 was a bogey hard to take - nice 3W tee ball, approach spins off but is nicely under the front pin, pitch is solid but releases 6 feet past, and the par putt is struck seemingly perfectly but impossibly stops looking over the front lip. Then the rest of the day was well played, fairways and greens and two putts, except for #4 where a poor tee shot doomed the hole. Still, 38 is pretty acceptable most any time on the tough island side and 73 is the best score I have managed in over a month, so I feel like my game is coming out of the doldrums after a month or more of 'doldrumming'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back