What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job again, Russ! Dude, you are starting to make me jealous with all your golfing.

the brutal weather is on its way hawk... gotta take advantage before winter withdrawls set in

5000 Posts in this thread!

I played 13 holes and shot 1 over. Really boring, 12 pars and 1 3 putt bogie from the fringe. Good news was I hit 10 greens, bad news is I didn't make any putts.

It has been a while since I made a post here. As of late I have had a change in my work schedule which will allow me to play a number of section events for the 2011 season. In preparing for the season and getting back to more competative golf I have been practicing and working hard to get back in game shape. I went out a couple of days ago for the first round in a while to see where the game is at after all the practice. I am please to say I was very suprised at how things translated out to the course. On the front 9 I had 1 eagle 3 birdies 1 bogey for a 4 under par 32. I made the turn and played the back 9 with 3 birdie and 1 bogey for a 2 under par 34 and total of -6 66. I haven't shot anything near that in a long time. I hope it is a sign of what is to come. I will keep you guys updated on the tournament shedule and results. If I am not mistaken they update the website with scores and results. I will look into it.

It has been a while since I made a post here. As of late I have had a change in my work schedule which will allow me to play a number of section events for the 2011 season. In preparing for the season and getting back to more competative golf I have been practicing and working hard to get back in game shape. I went out a couple of days ago for the first round in a while to see where the game is at after all the practice. I am please to say I was very suprised at how things translated out to the course. On the front 9 I had 1 eagle 3 birdies 1 bogey for a 4 under par 32. I made the turn and played the back 9 with 3 birdie and 1 bogey for a 2 under par 34 and total of -6 66. I haven't shot anything near that in a long time. I hope it is a sign of what is to come. I will keep you guys updated on the tournament shedule and results. If I am not mistaken they update the website with scores and results. I will look into it.

not bad for getting back into "golf shape" andy!! well done buddy and good luck in 2011. hopefully you can keep us updated on your progress.

Great score, Andy! Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks guys. This is my first run at a series of events in a section in a long time. Physically I feel pretty good....I guess that could be the fact that I have gone on a diet and I am trying to get into better shape for this year. I have been working hard with my coach to simplify the swing to get it to hold up a little better under pressure. The changes in the bag have brought on some confidence as well. I will find a link for scoring and results and I think I will start up a tournament thread in the ask the pro section to keep everyone up to date. Just an FYI the first event is December 13th.

Andy -- Way to go champ! Best wishes for a great season. We are all pulling for ya :thumb:

Way to go man, you've got quite a few fans in your gallery dude. Best wishes and let us know when and where your playing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Saturday Nov 20 0900 tee time 42 degrees warming to 68 - gorgeous day again
Lake View / Island View

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 4

Pine 40 Island 40 - 80

A cool start, but I went long down the right center to open, and my wedge hit 12 feet left of the hole - and spun 30 feet left, over and down the ridge. Though I struck my putts well, the three putt that followed should have warned me it wasn't my day. Every time I thought I was getting untracked, another pair of bogeys cropped up - I climbed that ladder all day, until the final hole. There I unloaded a drive over the layup creek, and from 213 uphill hit a bottom-groove 3W to the front fringe. I went hard for the eagle from at least 75 feet, and wound up 4-5 feet past, but dropped that birdie in the heart for the only real bright spot of the day (other than the perfect weather and the great course condition and the wonderful company) - not such a bad day after all, even if the scoring was a bit poor.

Weird day today. Played the shorter course near my house. 5000 yards and par 66. I thought that I didn't play that well, but I seemed to get the ball in the hole. Short game and putting were really good and I hit a few longer putts. Irons and hybrids were also decent. I was ok off the tee, but it seemed like for every good shot I had a bad one to go with it. Played two balls and my scores were 45/42 = 87 and 44/44 =88. First time I've written down a score that started with an 8 :) Not totally counting it as breaking 90 since it's about 1000 yards shorter than my normal length, but I was happy nonetheless.

Weird day today. Played the shorter course near my house. 5000 yards and par 66. I thought that I didn't play that well, but I seemed to get the ball in the hole. Short game and putting were really good and I hit a few longer putts. Irons and hybrids were also decent. I was ok off the tee, but it seemed like for every good shot I had a bad one to go with it. Played two balls and my scores were 45/42 = 87 and 44/44 =88. First time I've written down a score that started with an 8 :) Not totally counting it as breaking 90 since it's about 1000 yards shorter than my normal length, but I was happy nonetheless.

Awesome hawk,wish I could have been there.

Nice work my friend!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk's on the Hunt :golf2:! Good job buddy.

Not totally counting it as breaking 90 since it's about 1000 yards shorter than my normal length, but I was happy nonetheless.

great round hawk... ill take a score in the 80s anyway i can!

i shot 51/44 today
a tale of 2 halves
the front 9 kicked me in the teeth
just absolutely brutal off of the teebox
i lost a ton of balls in water i didnt even know was in play
i couldnt get out of traps either
the wind and the sun in my eyes did not help and every bad bounce available got me
back 9 treated me much better and i hit every single fw on the back even when i duffed the driver

39* at tee off time. Actually got to 54* when we finished. Shot 38-39 77 best score in some time. Felt good to play this well just hope I can keep it up next week.

Played out of town with a group of 9 women yesterday. They had a little side bet of $2 and called it a "b****s" tournament. I started out playing really well with 3 pars and 1 bogey (3 putted that one). The lady I was riding with told my friend that she had brought a ringer to play. I laughed and told her Tina knew the truth about that because I had really been struggling lately.

It wasn't long after the ringer statement that my game went to hell in a hand basket. I had a 10 on a par 5 late on the front side and still shot a 44. Made the turn and hit the ball into the lake after my 3rd bad pull of the day off the tee. Ended up shooting a 56 on the back for a cool 100. My worse round of the year.

The lady who originally called me a ringer said that my evil twin showed up on the back. She was right!

Same course as yesterday. Finished 43/40 for an 83.

Same course as yesterday. Finished 43/40 for an 83.

I witnessed it! His iron play was amazing!

Tried the new driver today and was mauling it but my missed were EXTREME hooks....hrm.

could only squeeze in 9 holes today cuz i was waiting for a buddy who stood me up
shot a 44
only lost 1 ball and was drawing my irons but fading my woods
putting was ridiculous... if i got the speed right i would have gotten a few more pars and at least one birdie... they hit the hole and jumped out

Was a nice day for Mid November in Kansas , 7:45 AM T-Time , 53* with a steady 18-25 wind with gusts to 30 . My home course is 6100 yds, and I shot a 45/40 .
This may be the last time to get out for awhile .

Bad... 109. My long game was suprisingly really good! It was my short game that really killed me. Putting was awful and chipping was so/so. Played with Claycribbs, and some other friends. Videos are probably coming later.

86 today with the mystery ball. Just couldn't get it together. It was a day of some great shots, and some not so great shots. But I got to play with some of my great friends, Johnday and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back