The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing ANY of those to what you said about Brett Favre is way over the top in my opinion. Saying the Vikings sold their soul for Favre and saying the Eagles didnt in Vick is kind of sickening. Sure the guy did his time, that does not make him a good person. Does he deserve a 2nd chance? In life? Yes. In the NFL? Depends on who you ask. Im a big believer in second chances, but sorry, the EAGLES are the ones that are selling their souls, NOT the Vikings in the truest sense.

As for the other two, Ray Lewis did NOT murder someone. He was with people when someone was killed. While I dont condone that behavior clearly, that is very different. And Donte Stallworth also did NOT murder someone. He committed a crime and he too did his time despite it not being jail time. But the facts of that case are what they are and frankly most in the courts agreed with his sentence.

Im not condoning any of their behavior, and have been with most of the guys during these times. But there is NO comparison between signing Vick and signing of Favre. One is a criminal that lied repeatedly about a multitude of things including killing animals and the other is a selfish contract hold out. Not really the same thing.

While my analogy was probably a little exagerated, the fact remains the same. Vick was not brought in and catered to on hands and knees above all the other players hoping and praying he would play for them as if he were the messiah. Brett Favre was. The organization was not on pins and needles praying Michael Vick would decide to play while everyone else was busting their butt at training camp.

Is Michael Vick a felon? Yes.

Did the Eagles do anything other than sign a guy to play backup QB? Nope.

Michael Vick doesn't run the show, apparently Brett Favre does. Have no fear though as this argument is moot, Brett Favre won't even finish this season.

While my analogy was probably a little exagerated, the fact remains the same. Vick was not brought in and catered to on hands and knees above all the other players hoping and praying he would play for them as if he were the messiah. Brett Favre was. The organization was not on pins and needles praying Michael Vick would decide to play while everyone else was busting their butt at training camp.

Is Michael Vick a felon? Yes.

Did the Eagles do anything other than sign a guy to play backup QB? Nope.

Michael Vick doesn't run the show, apparently Brett Favre does. Have no fear though as this argument is moot, Brett Favre won't even finish this season.

What basis do you have any of that argument for? Because he skipped training camp and pre-season and the team asked him back? He is a HOF QB that was retired. THE TEAMMATES came down and brought him back. According to your logic, every hold out must run the show.

You as a fan said it all. If Mike Vick was there, they would be undefeated. Two things come to mind, A, that is absurd. B, you consider him the savior of the franchise.

Doesnt that say it all.

And that says all it has to. Didnt you also say that Harvin was not going to do much?

I want what he is having sir....:D

That woudl be vicodin.

You still have to catch. Did you watch that game last night. My favorite is the one that hit him square in the numbers.

While that may be true, this thread says otherwise (except for the few Romo lovers on here, most are realists)

I think your probably grouping me in with the Romo lovers. I'm interested in what you have to say about my analysis of the actual game played Sunday. I put my post in a few pages back:

What would be wrong about my analysis of the game though JB? The pick in the end zone was a high throw but it did hit Bennett in the hands and could have been caught. The last second throw was 4th down. Had to try and force it. The other INT was a tipped ball at the line.

What basis do you have any of that argument for? Because he skipped training camp and pre-season and the team asked him back? He is a HOF QB that was retired. THE TEAMMATES came down and brought him back. According to your logic, every hold out must run the show.

You as a fan said it all. If Mike Vick was there, they would be undefeated. Two things come to mind, A, that is absurd. B, you consider him the savior of the franchise.

Doesnt that say it all.

Definately not the savior, but he's alot more dynamic than Kevin Kolb. Them being undefeated at this point is completely realistic. They haven't played anyone good, other than the Packers who they could have easily beat with Vick playing both halves, as evidenced by his performance in the second half almost leading them back to victory. Any shot they had at the Super Bowl (if they had any to begin with) was lost with their multitude of injuries.

I am a realist, do they stand a chance of winning the Super Bowl? No.

Could they be 5-0 very easily at this point if Mike Vick plays every minute so far this season? Yes.

As far as Favre goes you have some valid and correct points, a few teammates made the trip down to MS to ask him to play. They want to win, like anyone. I just can't see the front office allowing this guy so much leeway. Could you imagine this happening to Belichick? Rex Ryan? They put all their eggs in one basket (Favre) and now its really coming back to bite them. He had an amazing season last year, but the odds of him repeating that performance this year was highly unlikely.

Also his "holdout" wasn't a "holdout" in the traditional sense. He didn't wanna come to training camp so he made excuses about his ankle and other things so he wouldn't have to come. Just my opinion.

I think your probably grouping me in with the Romo lovers. I'm interested in what you have to say about my analysis of the actual game played Sunday. I put my post in a few pages back:

What would be wrong about my analysis of the game though JB? The pick in the end zone was a high throw but it did hit Bennett in the hands and could have been caught. The last second throw was 4th down. Had to try and force it. The other INT was a tipped ball at the line.

Pick 1 - That was a TERRIBLE decision that should NEVER have been thrown. Yes it hit the guy on the hands, but once again, he had tunnel vision and Dez Bryant was open. Throwing to Bennett, (a bad throw) when he was double teamed was a forced throw and a bad decision.
2. 4th down is the same as every other down except you NEED to make the throw. He forced that as well, but it was not JUST that throw. It was leading up to it as well.

And of course, dont forget the TERRIBLE pass that Austin went to get and scored on. That was just an awful decision that worked out.

BUt again, the reality is, that he had TWO chances (not just two throws) to win the game on TWO separate drives. That is 8 downs at a minimum and he got NOTHING done. It was just check downs and bad decisions. Elite QB's get one of those done. If this was an isolated incident then it would just be what it is. However its not. Its repeated bad decisions over and over. Its repeated TERRIBLE redzone play game after game. A guy with these skills should not have that happen.

TO say this game was NOT on Romo at all is just way off in my opinion. Fans blame them that they pass too much at the goal line so they run. Then the fans want passing. The only fact that is there is that a franchise QB had the chance to win the game on two separate occasions and both times came away with nothing. As I said before, the game is not solely on his shoulders, but none of it matters if he makes the plays and decisions and he didnt.

Definately not the savior, but he's alot more dynamic than Kevin Kolb.
I dont dispute that at all. However I also look at rooting for Ron Mexico as rooting for El Diablo himself.

I may be in the minority but Im hoping Mike Vick turns his life around.

Lol but really, Vikings and the Packers are hurting with injuries. Vikings starting CB is out for the season.

I may be in the minority but Im hoping Mike Vick turns his life around.

Lol but really, Vikings and the Packers are hurting with injuries. Vikings starting CB is out for the season.

Dude Philly's entire starting secondary minus 1 CB has been out for the season since preseason, i fell their pain. Dropping like flies.

Haha. Yeah, but I don't feel bad for any of these teams. Chicago was killed with injuries last year and has a couple this year too. I have some friends that love the Packers/Vikings and all I hear is whining. But these are the same guys last year who said having a few key injuries wont hurt your team.
Dude Philly's entire starting secondary minus 1 CB has been out for the season since preseason, i fell their pain. Dropping like flies.

I think it is the way I said it that is coming off wrong. I'm just putting more blame on defensive play calling and Mike Jenkins than I am Romo. Romo did not have a good game and I'm pretty sure I did say that. IMO Romo is pretty far down the list when it comes to the blame game for Sunday.

Pick 1-That play was designed to go to Bennet and while there were people around him he was open. A perfect throw nets a TD there. The throw was not perfect but it also could have been caught.
4th down- JB cmon. 4th down is not the same as any down. There was no one open. I've watched the play a few times. There was no one open. So you can't throw it away or the game is over. So you throw it and at least give Witten a chance to make an insane play there.
Pick 2- Tipped ball. That was just bad luck

I agree with you elite level QB's somehow get the job done in crunch time and Romo did not here. But he was behind entering the fourth. First drive of the 4Q he leads the team down to the 3 yard line and Free gets a false start. 3rd and goal from the 3 is far different than 3rd and goal from the 8. Settle for a FG to tie it up.

Dallas D makes the stop and Romo leads his team out to the field. Free for some reason decided to try a cut block on that play which gives the Tenn DL an easy tip. Not Romo's fault.

Tenn gets an easy 1 yard run to go up 27-20.

Romo goes out there and leads his team on a 60 yard drive late in the 4th to tie it up. That seems like something a good QB would do.

Ass hat Witten and Colombo decide they want to celebrate and cost the team 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff and ass hat Buehler decides he's going to try and kick the ball as far as he can instead of kicking it as high as he can and letting his coverage get down the field. Mariani returns it to I think the 5? CJ punches it in a few plays later.

Romo gets the ball with about 3 minutes left(about that anyway) and a 15 yard penalty gets the ball to Dal 40. Next play Austin is called for pass interference and it's now 1st and 20. Romo gets them to 3rd and 8 and the next pass is incomplete. 4th and 8 and Romo forces the ball because no one is open.

I see nothing in there that says Romo lost that game.

I think thats a pretty good assessment there and I agree with it. On that stupid kick-off there was also a 15 yard penalty that resulted in the half the distance to the goal thing. Romo did way more to win that game then he did to lose it.

Now chunk, go and accept my trade, you know you want to.

I think thats a pretty good assessment there and I agree with it. On that stupid kick-off there was also a 15 yard penalty that resulted in the half the distance to the goal thing. Romo did way more to win that game then he did to lose it.

Wow did you put that in secret type or something???

I was suprised Witten did something so stupid to get that penalty. Seems pretty out of character for him. Stupidity is contagious though.

That celebration penalty was dumb buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut to me that isn't why they lost. I hate Romo so I'm gonna say its his fault.

LOL I'm not sure about that trade. Am I missing something or isn't Rodgers suffering from a concussion

Wow did you put that in secret type or something???

I was suprised Witten did something so stupid to get that penalty. Seems pretty out of character for him. Stupidity is contagious though.

Ya witten giving the ball to a lineman was stupid. How could you call someone stupid for that? If colombo doesnt fall down after the chest bump then there is no flag. I would not call witten stupid for that at all, now fighting dogs, ya I would call someone stupid for that, cough mike vick. ha

LOL I'm not sure about that trade. Am I missing something or isn't Rodgers suffering from a concussion

lol what? No idea what your talking about. Maybe missing half his weapons and half is brain. Hes good though

YOu are MISSING a ton of plays. But if you want to believe that the game was not on him, that is fine. 4th down is the same as every other down in that you have to execute the play. He did not. But again...He WAS PUT in that situation because of his other plays.

As for the 1st one. You hit the nail on the head. That play was designed for Bennett. So Typical Romo does not look ANYWHERE ELSE. Just throws it (bad throw) into double coverage. Yes it could have been caught. But there was a WIDE OPEN WR there and if ONCE again he made the right decision, none of that happens.

You said it best. The D did their job and held them not once but TWICE. Both times Romo failed to deliver. And I am sorry, once again, 3rd and 8 when they settled for the FG, did you see the play? Tunnel vision Romo as usual.

I called it the pre-season that the guy would fold with the pressure. He has all the skills as an athlete and QB, but does not make the decisions at crunch time. When does it become a broken record? Its the same thing that has been going on for multiple years and all the fans do is make excuses. I get it, Cowboy fans love their QB, they should I guess, but as a realist and a former "analyst", I dont see it.

Nothing has changed at all. Same bad decisions that we keep seeing over and over year after year. The redzone offense is putrid and the playcalling as NOTHING to do with it. The personnel has nothing to do with it. One thing is constant here, its the QB. Until that changes (or he fixes something), they will be what they are.

Those are just details. Forget about them!

My man! Exactly. Gees getting all specific on me lol.

Really Witten didnt do anything. He handed the ball to a lineman, Columbo who was excited as all hell, so he spiked it. Then they chest bumped cuz Witten was like, YEAH go fat boy and Columbo fell down. I dont even see how that is excessive in the least. Refs were out of line in that call.

Ya witten giving the ball to a lineman was stupid. How could you call someone stupid for that? If colombo doesnt fall down after the chest bump then there is no flag. I would not call witten stupid for that at all, now fighting dogs, ya I would call someone stupid for that, cough mike vick. ha

As opposed to just high fiving and going back to the sideline not giving the Titans amazing field position. You're right bro, my bad.

Mike Vick hasn't lost the Eagles any games yet LOL HA

They have been better this year lol. I kid I kid. Yeah like some players cant jump into stands or celebrate but the Packers can do the leap? Inconsistant, I could care less about their tradition lol. Don't even get me started on roughing the QB calls.
My man! Exactly. Gees getting all specific on me lol.

Really Witten didnt do anything. He handed the ball to a lineman, Columbo who was excited as all hell, so he spiked it. Then they chest bumped cuz Witten was like, YEAH go fat boy and Columbo fell down. I dont even see how that is excessive in the least. Refs were out of line in that call.

They have been better this year lol. I kid I kid. Yeah like some players cant jump into stands or celebrate but the Packers can do the leap? Inconsistant, I could care less about their tradition lol. Don't even get me started on roughing the QB calls.

Exactly. If the lambo leap isnt a premeditated celebration I dont know what is...

As opposed to just high fiving and going back to the sideline not giving the Titans amazing field position. You're right bro, my bad.

Mike Vick hasn't lost the Eagles any games yet LOL HA

Ok so I guess every NFL player is dumb. They all do chest bumps after every td, colombo just fell down. Not wittens fault at all. How many times have you seen a player chest bump a coach or another player and one of them falls down but yet no flags are thrown? It happens a lot.

Ya, your right mike vick didnt cost the eagles any games, but he sure as hell cost the falcons games. Of course you dont care since your a philly fan lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back