THP Fall Outing Pairings/Tee Times

Good point static. You have made me change my mind about the rips.

My apologies in advance for playing devil's advocate:

I would hope that the people who do play the tips have at least broken 80 at least once in the last year. I also hope that the people playing the tips incorporate some form of ESC (Equitable Stroke Control) to maintain pace of play. If you're at double-bogey or worse, pick up and go to the next hole. I know it's fun to say you played from where the pro's played. But, if every player in the group shoots 10 shots worse than normal, that's 40 extra shots, which is probably 30 minutes of extra golf. I can only speak for myself, but, I don't want to play a 6 hour round of golf.

Stat -- I am playing from the blues for sure. I will let the professionals who got show nuff game deal with the back tees. I have broke 80 quite a few times however this year I move up to the gold tees at my club as a senior. I think the blue tees will be more than enough to challenge my game :golf2:.... Heck I imagine the putting greens will be more than enough to challenge my game :angry:...........

Good point static. You have made me change my mind about the rips.

I'll play with what the group plays...no point have some tee off some places and some tee of others

may play the Bear Trap from the tips:dont-know:

Yeah I agree with you dec, I'll play the back tees at the Champions but on Sunday at the Palmer I'll probably play a tee box or two up from the tips. Ease back a little!!

I'm sure we can all play where ever we would like. I myself will play a mid range box, but I have no problem stopping by the tips to laugh watch others play from.

Just kidding, I know many of you have the game for it, just not me.

Sunday I'm good with whatever tee box the group wants to play, probably middle set. I just want to play the Champions for all it's worth!!

I don't know the other 2 members of my 4-some on saturday (OEM, Tim, PR Guy) so I don't know if the tips are even an option. I won't be the only person playing from the back, that is for sure. I think I could be quite content playing blue. I don't meet the sub-80 "suggestion" earlier- though when biggsy said the back tees add 4 to your HC, I would be looking in the 90-94 range which I think is an acceptable score. It would be a hell of a challenge to break 90 on it.

Ultimately, it will come down to Tim and PR Guy... but I won't hold my breath of be too disappointed if I don't play the tips. Probably better at the moment anyways since I can't hit my driver to save my life. Range tonight!

Sunday I'm good with whatever tee box the group wants to play, probably middle set. I just want to play the Champions for all it's worth!!

No problem, part of me say's go long as well, but at the end of the day I just end up with twice the miles, lol.

I'm sure we can all play where ever we would like. I myself will play a mid range box, but I have no problem stopping by the tips to laugh watch others play from.

Just kidding, I know many of you have the game for it, just not me.

lmao :laughing: at DooDue!!!!!!!

Stat brings up some good points. I always have been a bit concerned about playing the tips. I would sure like to, but I think the smarter move for me would be to play farther forward. Blues would probably be better for me. I could maybe do the Golds if my group(s) want to. So I leave this to my playing partners, where does everybody want to play??

WR, Danilo. You guys discuss what tees you want to play from? I'd like to play blacks, but I am concerned about my distance. I'll play whatever is the consensus though.

Same goes for Sunday with bama,G4L and Dini. You guys talked about it at all?

I will play from wherever. My buddies tell me I am nuts for thinking about playing from the tips which is just enough reason for me to do it!!! Whatever you and Danilo want to do will work for me.

So Blacks it is? I don't mind shooting 100+...

WR, Danilo. You guys discuss what tees you want to play from? I'd like to play blacks, but I am concerned about my distance. I'll play whatever is the consensus though.

Same goes for Sunday with bama,G4L and Dini. You guys talked about it at all?

Stat brings up some good points. I always have been a bit concerned about playing the tips. I would sure like to, but I think the smarter move for me would be to play farther forward. Blues would probably be better for me. I could maybe do the Golds if my group(s) want to. So I leave this to my playing partners, where does everybody want to play??

Like I've said multiple times... I'll play what my group wants to play... if they wanna play the front tees, I'm in, if they wanna play the backs... that works too.

All you guys going to this outing are going to have a blast and it looks like some great pairings.

fU bU kI

My apologies in advance for playing devil's advocate:

I would hope that the people who do play the tips have at least broken 80 at least once in the last year. I also hope that the people playing the tips incorporate some form of ESC (Equitable Stroke Control) to maintain pace of play. If you're at double-bogey or worse, pick up and go to the next hole. I know it's fun to say you played from where the pro's played. But, if every player in the group shoots 10 shots worse than normal, that's 40 extra shots, which is probably 30 minutes of extra golf. I can only speak for myself, but, I don't want to play a 6 hour round of golf.

Static - I agree completely with this. I for one just don't enjoy a golf course where I have to hit driver on a par three, or hit 3 wood or hybrid for the second shot on every par four...which is what I would have to do from the tips. I don't need more evidence that the pros are much better than me.

More power to you guys who have the game or length to make the tips fun.

For those of us that don't though, we need to keep another thing in mind. We are all down there as unofficial ambassadors of THP. If we come down there, and ridiculously slow up play, or otherwise cause problems for the resort, that is going to give people a negative connotation toward the place and people we all love here. Granted we are paying customers as well, but I would think we would all agree that when we depart Sunday and Monday, we would rather have PGA National Resort want us back in the future and have a strong opinion of THP.

Static - I agree completely with this. I for one just don't enjoy a golf course where I have to hit driver on a par three, or hit 3 wood or hybrid for the second shot on every par four...which is what I would have to do from the tips. I don't need more evidence that the pros are much better than me.

More power to you guys who have the game or length to make the tips fun.

For those of us that don't though, we need to keep another thing in mind. We are all down there as unofficial ambassadors of THP. If we come down there, and ridiculously slow up play, or otherwise cause problems for the resort, that is going to give people a negative connotation toward the place and people we all love here. Granted we are paying customers as well, but I would think we would all agree that when we depart Sunday and Monday, we would rather have PGA National Resort want us back in the future and have a strong opinion of THP.

Ok, you've talked me out of playing the tips. Everyone else had almost convinced me of it. :act-up: I agree with everything said here. Great post adwillingham! I for one will be playing the forward tees. Heck, even Ol' Gray admitted he doesn't hit the ball long enough to play the tips and he hits his 9-iron 250-300 yards. :laughing:

Some courses are set up where I could get away with hitting from the tips, while others are not. Murder Rock in Missouri last year was not fun from the tips, lol. Some of those fairways needed 220 or more carry, over deep waste areas or water, just to keep your ball. I made it a lot of the time, but if I went sideways much at all the carry was much greater. I'm not sure what these will be like, but I'll be happy just playing an ok score.

Ok, you've talked me out of playing the tips. Everyone else had almost convinced me of it. :act-up: I agree with everything said here. Great post adwillingham! I for one will be playing the forward tees. Heck, even Ol' Gray admitted he doesn't hit the ball long enough to play the tips and he hits his 9-iron 250-300 yards. :laughing:

KellyBo those 250 - 300 yard nine irons are off a mountain side :eek:). You see my game most everyday. Heck you whupped my arse yesterday :angry:.. No big deal I am proud of ya!!!!! I may be a tad shorter these days. :D I said last year it would be a cold day in hell before I moved up to the senior tees at our course. At 60 years of age you hit from the gold tees at our course. Well I might have to renig on that statement and swallow my pride. I have my days when I can bust it out there pretty good but that depends on how much geritol I absorb that morning...... Blue tees will suit me fine gentleman / Ladies :eek:)......

Last edited:
Believe it or not, the golf is actually third on my list of reasons for going to this outing. First is getting to meet alot of the good people I have been talking to during my time here ( a little bit short of a year), Second would be the demo day, not so much to play with all the new clubs, but to have some time to talk with people like Andy, tc, JB and others whos knowledge about this game far exceeds anything I know. I look forward to talking to them about golf shafts and wedges and my swing what would help me improve my game. Then after all that I would say playing these great courses are next. It really does not matter to me whether I hit from gold, blue, white or whatever color ( I would say red but GG or Kellybo would tell on me I am sure :D ), I am there to relax, play some golf with new friends and not think about all the :poop: that goes on in my life the rest of the year.

:bulgy-eyes:
I agree with this 100%. I know Im not good enough to play the tips and have no intenetion of trying. I just dont think it would be that fun and dont care to try either. UNLESS, one of these new unreleased drivers taps into my inner Biggsy and I start hitting 320 yard real life bombs!!! BRING ON THE TIPS!!

Believe it or not, the golf is actually third on my list of reasons for going to this outing. First is getting to meet alot of the good people I have been talking to during my time here ( a little bit short of a year), Second would be the demo day, not so much to play with all the new clubs, but to have some time to talk with people like Andy, tc, JB and others whos knowledge about this game far exceeds anything I know. I look forward to talking to them about golf shafts and wedges and my swing what would help me improve my game. Then after all that I would say playing these great courses are next. It really does not matter to me whether I hit from gold, blue, white or whatever color ( I would say red but GG or Kellybo would tell on me I am sure :D ), I am there to relax, play some golf with new friends and not think about all the :poop: that goes on in my life the rest of the year.

Very well said WR! For me it's all pretty much equal excitement, but I definitely know where you're coming from. This is mine and AdamsGirl's first big trip together and we are very much looking forward to it, all aspects.

Let's see what we feel like when we get to hole #1. Then we can decide.

Yeah, after Fridays "not as hard" course we can figure out Saturday's tee. Since we are playing (diff. groups, same course) on Friday, we'll feel it out, and decide after.

So here is the question, do we play blues or golds? I am fine with either.

I'll play whatever...find common ground with my group

Back