Nike Adds MachSpeed Hybrids

Spent quality time on the range with this club along with the Machspeed irons today. Im very impressed with both. I was getting some great shots from this hybrid today.

Nike SQ MachSpeed Hybrid

Nike SQ MachSpeed Hybrid

great reading about the new machspeed hybrid. I just put the machspeed 4 Wood in the bag and removed my Adams speedline 3 and 5 woods (distance dif was not big enough to keep both in bag). Love this fairway wood. Easy to hit and the ball flies off the face.

What would be the best advise for me in replacing my current #3 A30S hybrid (19*) Would I be better off with the #2 machspeed hybrid or with a 3 machspeed #3 hybrid (21*)?.

Unfortunately we really don't have anything close to do some nice testing so it's all guess work for me. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm not a long hitter (only avg 210 with the 4 Wood and 185 with the 3 iwood)

In The Bag:
Driver: Nike SQ Dymo2 Str8-Fit 11.5°
Wood: Nike MachSpeed 17°
Hybrid: Adams a3OS 3iwd 19° & Cobra Baffler DWS 5/R 29°
Irons: Wishon W560 6-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54° 08°b & Cleveland 588 RS 60° 08°b
Putter: Cleveland VP 1 Blade 3° 33"
Balls: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow / Callaway HX-Hot Bite

Last edited:
great reading about the new machspeed hybrid. I just put the machspeed 4 Wood in the bag and removed my Adams speedline 3 and 5 woods (distance dif was not big enough to keep both in bag). Love this fairway wood. Easy to hit and the ball flies off the face.

What would be the best advise for me in replacing my current #3 A30S hybrid (19*) Would I be better off with the #2 machspeed hybrid or with a 3 machspeed #3 hybrid (21*)?.

Unfortunately we really don't have anything close to do some nice testing so it's all guess work for me. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm not a long hitter (only avg 210 with the 4 Wood and 185 with the 3 iwood)

In The Bag:
Driver: Nike SQ Dymo2 Str8-Fit 11.5°
Wood: Nike MachSpeed 17°
Hybrid: Adams a3OS 3iwd 19° & Cobra Baffler DWS 5/R 29°
Irons: Wishon W560 6-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54° 08°b & Cleveland 588 RS 60° 08°b
Putter: Cleveland VP 1 Blade 3° 33"
Balls: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow / Callaway HX-Hot Bite

You have to add where ever the gap is. It really depends on how far you are going to hit the new clubs.

Kevin, have you had the chance to game this a few times yet? i'm loving this thing. it's just solid, predictable, and i love the high, piercing ball flight. any buyers remorse? what do you like/not like? just curious.

Kevin, have you had the chance to game this a few times yet? i'm loving this thing. it's just solid, predictable, and i love the high, piercing ball flight. any buyers remorse? what do you like/not like? just curious.

Actually I played 9 holes last Sunday and somehow I didnt hit it once. Not sure how that happened. I have hit it on the range outside finally and it hit great, no remorse at all! So far it seems to be very very easy to hit and explosive off the face.

Actually I played 9 holes last Sunday and somehow I didnt hit it once. Not sure how that happened. I have hit it on the range outside finally and it hit great, no remorse at all! So far it seems to be very very easy to hit and explosive off the face.

i agree, explosive off the face. it's so easy to hit off the deck as well, and i think that's it's strongest feature.

Off the Deck

Off the Deck

We have a big deck behind my house. Maybe when I get my Birdie Ball package,,, I can try a few off the deck :golf: It's going to be fun watching you hit that hybrid in Blairsville! Short par fours will be lunch for you dude!!! Good short game, nice little Nike Hybrid down the middle and it's on like donkey kong :D

Bumping an older thread to see if anyone has any additional thoughts on this hybrid. I am trying to help a friend put a bag together and he noticed these and was intrigued by the square head. I have personally never hit one (haven't come across a lefty for me to hit). Anyone have any additional thoughts on what they like/dislike about this club?
Thanks in advance.

I too would like to hear some feedback. Not many folks around here seem to be hitting these.

to be honest I have not hit one of these since last April. I know TC had for most of last year and really like it.

im thinking about getting this hybrid....im hitting the machspeed driver and 3 wood really well and the hybrid will match my set nicely.

I got one last September and it's been in the bag since. I quite like it. I haven't hit it too much lately as I've been testing the new TM Rescue 11, but I did hit it a few times at the range last weekend and it was performing quite nicely. It's designed for speed and distance and it does those things. I've found it's not the greatest from the rough. It's a solid club for sure.

EDIT: Here's my initial write-up from last September.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14053-Club-Review-Nike-Golf-SQ-MachSpeed-Hybrid

im thinking about getting this hybrid....im hitting the machspeed driver and 3 wood really well and the hybrid will match my set nicely.

I would say that it would as well. Great hybrid! I use to have one in the bag for a while.

Back