Do You Have a DVR/TiVo

Do You Have a DVR/TiVo

• Total voters
So it really is hopeless. :banghead: I had two shows set to record at 9:00 pm. The Kid was watching television, and it screwed him up. So he shut down the DVR on me. :banghead:

That's normal Claire. If you have two shows scheduled to record at the same time, at that appointed time you can only watch one of those two shows on that tuner - you can't watch a third, different show. The DVR's typically only have two tuners, as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

We have 2 Tivos and a HD DVR from Directtv. My wife records everything!

That's normal Claire. If you have two shows scheduled to record at the same time, at that appointed time you can only watch one of those two shows on that tuner - you can't watch a third, different show. The DVR's typically only have two tuners, as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

What's not normal is that the new, 42" flatscreen HDTV in the family room is on the fritz. Again. And the guy who maintains the system for us (and has turned it into such a black box that I can't do any troubleshooting myself) isn't responding to phone calls. Again.

It's all Harry's fault.

A DVR is a must if I really want to watch any shows. I spend too much time at both jobs and then being around family and friends that a DVR makes since. Of course, I frequently just delete things I decide not to watch and then fill the DVR up some more.

What's not normal is that the new, 42" flatscreen HDTV in the family room is on the fritz. Again. And the guy who maintains the system for us (and has turned it into such a black box that I can't do any troubleshooting myself) isn't responding to phone calls. Again.

It's all Harry's fault.

I maintain my own everything. No way do I want something going kaput on me and not be able to fix it (or at least attempt to fix). Well, everything past the demarcation point for the utilities.

Upgraded the bedroom tv to a 32" Vizio & figured since now I needed an HD receiver there, may as well get the DVR too. Wife likes it a lot & I admit it is pretty neat.

No use for a DVR as there is absolutely nothing on tv so important that I simply must record it.

Upgraded the bedroom tv to a 32" Vizio & figured since now I needed an HD receiver there, may as well get the DVR too. Wife likes it a lot & I admit it is pretty neat.

Glad to see you are coming around. hehe

Once you have one for a little bit, you will never go back. The convenience alone makes everything easier.

I replaced the 15-year-old 27" tube in the bedroom with a 32" Visio a few months ago. It's a pretty good TV for the price. Its receiver is linked to the DVR in the family room so we can watch shows we record on that DVR. I didn't see the point in getting a third DVR. It works OK - forwarding and rewinding isn't as smooth, but it's passable.

Now that we've had it for several years, I don't know if we could live without it :confused2: We have DirecTV so we have the DVR. I think they're bringing back TiVo for DirecTV users?

Glad to see you are coming around. hehe

Once you have one for a little bit, you will never go back. The convenience alone makes everything easier.

I'm willing to admit when I am wrong. Even though I don't watch a lot of TV it is handy for recording the remainder of a show that for whatever reason I couldn't finish at the time. Recorded the last half of Yes Man last night, will finish it up later today.

Now that we've had it for several years, I don't know if we could live without it :confused2: We have DirecTV so we have the DVR. I think they're bringing back TiVo for DirecTV users?

+1

I was one of the earliest adopters of the TIVO (I still have my 14 hr box) because they gave a special deal to Circuit City employees for free lifetime service. My wife didn't like it at first but now she has one of her own. I have 3 in total.

There are rumors that DTV and TIVO will be coming out with a new box. We can't wait until that happens (although it seems like we've been waiting forever already). My wife and I just like the UI on the TIVO better than the DTV one.

I don't have one either. I hardly watch TV, and If I do, it's Golf Channel, or all the commercial free movie central channels.

We have two DVR's can't remember what TV was like before them and don't want to!

Tivo rules

Tivo rules

I've had a tivo since the day they came out and I couldn't live without now and no other dvr comes close to a tivo. i had a short stint with a cable company dvr, never again.

Don't have either. I have a DVD burner with a DVD Ram disk in it for recording.

Back