California Golf Outting?

I will gladly play the executive course if that is what the majority decides. Prov and I could always go to a more challenging venue the next day as I doubt either one of us is coming over for just one round. I am easy, so I will just follow the crowd.

C-Tech, you were reading my mind.. I was kinda leaning to do the executive course on the 13th and either the day before or after go to a more challanging course for those who were interested. If that works for all let me know.

Hola

Hola

Hello

I am interested for any weekend. I am in the San Gabriel Valley. close to Downtown LA. I will drive anywhere in southern California for golf.

Pumas,we are talking about playing on the 13th of Feb. and possibly the day before. You will be included

I said I would post somthing tonight and I hope my doing so will promote some discussion and a final resolution.

I read over the comments and what each person wants or would like and of course there is no answer I can come up with that will make everyone happy. In this group we have a range of people who I will categorize as true beginners to those who shoot in the 80s regularly. People who regularly play par 3s and do not venture out to "full courses" with par 5s to people who only play the most challanging courses out there. And of course the last category, finances, we have a range of people wanting to spend no more than $30 a round to those where money is no object.

I dont want to suggest we are back at square one but I also do not want to make decisions for everyone, especially those who were going to travel in from AZ. and NV. Let's talk it up a bit more here and also feel free to msg me directly and let's hammer this thing out.

I am up for anything as well White! February 13th is great for me too plus i'm off the 15th for washington's birthday, so maybe i can make a weekend out of it...I am always up for a challenge and am not a great golfer so if you're willing to humor me i'm still up for golf wherever we decide.....Money is not a problem either.....so let me know the place and time and i'll be there....

That sounds like a great idea guys.

How about we do this.

Friday February 12th - For those of us who can make it and would like to play at a little more expensive/difficult course we can pick a course in the Southern Cal area to meet up and get out for a round or two.

Saturday February 13th - How about we play at Birch in Brea, CA? This is an inexpensive executive course where everyone can join in and just have a great day? Maybe we can also make this fun by setting up a couple of little contests? Maybe have everyone chip in like 5-10 dollars and we can have a couple of prizes for some fun little contests? Nothing major and something that everyone would have a chance to win.

IF the friday date doesn't work we could also do Sunday. Its valentines day though so some people may have to spend this with their wives/girlfriends. I could do an early morning round but would need to get out of there no later than 1:30-2:00

I'd be up for playing both days and have no problem where we play.

Thank goodness for Presidents, I'm off that following Monday as well for President's Day. How about we do a small course and then a big course? This way it'd be fair for all :)

Do I need to be sick that Friday beforehand?!?!?

Thank goodness for Presidents, I'm off that following Monday as well for President's Day. How about we do a small course and then a big course? This way it'd be fair for all :)

It is flu season isn't it?

Saturday February 13th - How about we play at Birch in Brea, CA? This is an inexpensive executive course where everyone can join in and just have a great day? Maybe we can also make this fun by setting up a couple of little contests? Maybe have everyone chip in like 5-10 dollars and we can have a couple of prizes for some fun little contests? Nothing major and something that everyone would have a chance to win.

Can we have a prize for the best dressed? :D

I think that is a great idea. C-Tech and I were talking about the same thing last night. I suggested Pacilif Palms courses for the "big course" and again Birch for the smaller one. The palms is a full resort that offers packages ( i think $99 for two nights) Here is the website for all interested:

Pacific Palms Resort - Home

LEt's start moving to getting formal and final numbers. I will become "the guy" to set this up but I would like to know how many want to play the executive on the 13th and who also wants to play the "full course" also. I am guessing the next day for the full course but if you have another thought let me know. Msg me if you want to continue to post here.

That sounds like a great idea guys.

How about we do this.

Friday February 12th - For those of us who can make it and would like to play at a little more expensive/difficult course we can pick a course in the Southern Cal area to meet up and get out for a round or two.

IF the friday date doesn't work we could also do Sunday. Its valentines day though so some people may have to spend this with their wives/girlfriends. I could do an early morning round but would need to get out of there no later than 1:30-2:00

I'd be up for playing both days and have no problem where we play.

Wonderful idea... we can do closest to pin or something like that.

Sounds like a plan :)

PM sent white rhino.

How about Scholl Canyon? It has GREAT views, the cart is included (I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure), very inexpensive AND its a VERY TOUGH course to play, especially the back 9!!!

Set it up. I'm, good with what ever you decide. I am familiar with that part of SoCal from Valencia south to Mexico. Maybe 258 miles from my home, and only 25 miles or so from Newport Beach. Brea is north of DLand, and Fullerton on 57 right? :banana:
C-Tech, you were reading my mind.. I was kinda leaning to do the executive course on the 13th and either the day before or after go to a more challanging course for those who were interested. If that works for all let me know.

Set it up. I'm, good with what ever you decide. I am familiar with that part of SoCal from Valencia south to Mexico. Maybe 258 miles from my home, and only 25 miles or so from Newport Beach. Brea is north of DLand, and Fullerton on 57 right? :banana:

Yup your exactly right.

I'm about 20 minutes south of Newport Beach in Laguna so its not too far from where either of us will be.

For you it would be a short run up the 55 freeway to the 91 over to the 57 and then 5-10 minutes to imperial hwy. Thats for Birch but its rather easy and not a long drive.

I would like to get a firm number by lets say Monday. I will call the course we spoke about and if there is enough people maybe they can do something for us. if not then we'll just book one or two foursomes right after each other and just have some fun. :D

I would like to get a firm number by lets say Monday. I will call the course we spoke about and if there is enough people maybe they can do something for us. if not then we'll just book one or two foursomes right after each other and just have some fun. :D

Where at?? Some courses even have e-specials or deals like that :)

Do you guys want to do Birch Creek in Brea?

It looks to be right around 45 to 1:15 from everyone. For the guys coming in from vegas and arizona its probably the closest to them without heading out to the inland empire.

Mid Morning Tee Times? Say 9 to 11am? Somewhere in there?

A rough count of people posting in this thread is right around 10 people.

Rhino you can put me down as 1. Dont think my gf is going to be making it as she'll be out of town.

A rough count of people posting in this thread is right around 10 people.

Rhino you can put me down as 1. Dont think my gf is going to be making it as she'll be out of town.

Ok 10 works.. we can get three tee time and say we have 12. Mid morning works say 10-11, course can be pretty open then if there is not men's club activity going.. No rush yet to make the time but I will call the course or stop by to see if they offer any packages.. ya never know

Ok 10 works.. we can get three tee time and say we have 12. Mid morning works say 10-11, course can be pretty open then if there is not men's club activity going.. No rush yet to make the time but I will call the course or stop by to see if they offer any packages.. ya never know

You just never know :wink:

If you guys plan on doing a Friday outing, let me know. I can take a comp day, and would be down for anything.

Still cant make Saturday... :angry:

Back