The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

My wife has reading glasses all over the house. Also a pair in her purse and the truck.

Yep, I will be buying my 2nd pair tomorrow!

It makes the dog feel like its working and in turn makes him easy to control.

Does that trick work across species?

Harry is much easier to control if he feels like he's being useful, for instance.

Spoiler
Like THAT'S a news flash.

Harry, what's that blue thing on your dog's back in the second photo?

And did he bring you your own Christmas present?

It's a doggie backpack. To carry water, a bowl, etc on walks.

Yes. It's a dog backpack. We were on an overnight backpacking trip. He carried his own food and water.
Why? Because I was carrying everything else and that stuff is heavy.

That was his Christmas present. My mom wrapped it up and put the bone on the top in place of a bow. When she put it in front of him and told him that it was his Christmas present, he picked it up.

Best.Dog.Ever.

Yes. It's a dog backpack. We were on an overnight backpacking trip. He carried his own food and water.
Why? Because I was carrying everything else and that stuff is heavy.

Okay, luggage is acceptable. You should be able to cart your own stuff in and out.

I have friends who bring their dogs on their boat so the dogs wear life jackets with handles, which make it easier to lift them out of the water. One day we were walking down the pier to their boat and there was no breeze so one dog walked right into the water thinking it was a flat surface. Gosh - those handles are handy.

Are you sure the dog didn't just walk into the water, thinking it was water? The dog has probably been there so many times he had to know where the water was.

Are you sure the dog didn't just walk into the water, thinking it was water? The dog has probably been there so many times he had to know where the water was.

Smallie - You know how on a very calm day - water can look like glass? That's what it was like that day so she just stepped right on it. We were on Lake Champlain - not the ocean.

But still, you knew it was water didn't you? And the dog had been there how many times (it was their pier the dog stepped/leapt off).

Also, don't yo think the dog would smell the difference?

I knew it was water. I fell off a sailboat once - into the ocean. You can lose your footing with water.

Lulu has a life vest. I carry her around like a twelve pack.

I knew it was water. I fell off a sailboat once - into the ocean. You can lose your footing with water.

Unless you're Jesus. Or Tiger.

[YOUTUBE]FZ1st1Vw2kY [/YOUTUBE]

Lulu has a life vest. I carry her around like a twelve pack.

Either you're very strong or Lulu is a small Basset Hound.

Spoiler

I bet you're very strong. :flowers4u:

Sono solo lamentarsi, perché mi ci è voluto un minuto per capire come risolvere il problema, ma ho accidentalmente tradotto il forum in italiano.

Sorry everything translated into Italian, which I was posting about, but didn't realize it didn't translate back. I have no idea what I did.

It's about time for Dick Enberg to go. Earlier he mentioned that the danger of Scan Diego attempting a 55 yard field goal is that, if they miss, the Chiefs will get the ball on the 55 yard line. Just now he mentioned that Ladainian Tomlinson is like 50 yards shy of passing the great James Brown on the career rushing yardage list. (It's Jim Brown. James Brown is the I Feel Good guy.)

Smallie - Wouldn't Jim be James too?

Jim Brown is not James Brown. Jim's actual name is James but until today, I had never heard him called James. But that was from the same guy who thought there was a 55 yard line in the NFL.

I read the part in your post about the 55 yard line 3 times and couldn't figure out why you were mildly annoyed. Thank you for explaining what I was missing.

Actually it is kind of between mildly annoyed and a rant.

Smallie - You're too cheerful and happy to rant.

I wonder what the penalty is for murdering a Basset Hound in CT. Phillip has been whining for 6 hours non-stop and I don't know why. It's raining so I can't make him go outside.

I wonder what the penalty is for murdering a Basset Hound in CT. Phillip has been whining for 6 hours non-stop and I don't know why. It's raining so I can't make him go outside.

Not worth the crime. You might get out early for good behavier.

Not worth the crime. You might get out early for good behavier.

I just locked him out of the office. He's crying in the hallway now.

Back