Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

I have yet to be able to find these at my local grocer, HyVee, sorry for the skim but what section are they in for people who found them in grocery stores?

Still been using the NUUN tablets almost every round since I started testing. Usually roll with the grape now.

I can really tell a difference through the last 3-4 holes between playing with NUUN and not. Just so much more sluggish and feeling the effects of the round more when not using the NUUN tablets during the round.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Tri-Berry is probably my least favorite after using them for awhile now.

It's alright. Not great, but not bad either.

And I will (again) echo what COLT said. I have used Nuun religiously over the past 3 or 4 months and it flat works for me. I won't drink anything else leading up to and while on the course.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

It's alright. Not great, but not bad either.

And I will (again) echo what COLT said. I have used Nuun religiously over the past 3 or 4 months and it flat works for me. I won't drink anything else leading up to and while on the course.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.
To the bolded I dont think any of the ones I have tried have been bad, they are all decent but some are just better than others.

To the bolded I dont think any of the ones I have tried have been bad, they are all decent but some are just better than others.

Right. I'm glad I purchased the Grape, because it tastes really good. Almost like Grape Kool Aid. Even Kelly likes it, and she usually doesn't drink things like that.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I tried nuun for the first time at the THP outings, compliments of the wonderful Mr Kong. The stuff was good, though I agree with others that it is slightly under flavored for my tastes.

I picked up two bottles at my local course, and continue to use them on a regular basis.
I decided that I am going to order a 4 pack for my trip back to africa in august. Last year I used lemonade and koolaid mixes... but it would be nice to have more electrolytes and less sugar. I think these will add a variety of flavor too, which is never a bad thing when it comes to drinking ONLY bottled water for 2 weeks.

Has anyone here tried the Camelbak Elixir tabs? I hear they are pretty good and are a little more flavorful. Hopefully someone can speak from experience comparing the two.

Ordered a 4 pack from amazon.com. Can't wait to try them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I still use at least 2 of these every single round. They sell them in the pro shop at my course so they are easy for me to get if I forget to buy them downtown when I'm there and I can't imagine a round without them now.

I just didn't like the taste of these things. I prefer straight up cold water. Maybe I'll give them another try.

Nuun is the real deal. I use them cycling and they have got me through many hard miles. Not a sugary energy drink and I like that. Helps to keep me from cramping and the taste is good. I have not used them on the course, but I don't see why not.

I just didn't like the taste of these things. I prefer straight up cold water. Maybe I'll give them another try.

I've been using Hawaiian Punch and Wyler's singles. I fill my glass with Gatorade at the start of the nine, and fill up with the Hawaiian Punch or Wylers at holes 4 and 7, and 12 and 15. I have never tried the Nuun, but from the comments, I want my drinks to have some taste to them.

Anyone still using these? Have any opinions changed?

I was using them at True Blue Trout. I like the lemon lime flavor color me different but I like the taste.

Still using the Grape myself. Still think they're the real deal and a better alternative to some other drinks.

Sent from my HTC One X

I ran out of them. I had a particularly tiresome day on the course last weekend. I thought, gee, I could really use a NUUN right now. The granola bar I had in my bag didn't hold up to the tablets I had used. I need to get more.

I love when this thread pops back up, but I have to remember to find some at the grocery store the next time I'm there.

I used a ton of these down at the Morgan Cup. Tried some different flavors too. I had Strawberry Lemonade, Grape(still my favorite), Tropical, and Fruit Punch. I thought in the heat and humidity we played in they worked great. They continue to be a must have in my golf bag. I just wish the flavor was a little stronger, but I'm ok with it.

has anyone tried the all day ones or whatever? Saw some last night and they are $7 for a 15 pack, which is relatively cheap in comparison to Gatorade or Powerade but just still seems like a lot.

I use the stuff regularly. It's been pretty warm here at times this summer and I can't handle golf when its really hot out without help.

I put one in my big bottle (24 oz) when I take it out of the fridge and drink it on the way to the golf course. If its really warm and I go through 2 bottles (20 oz each) on the front I will add one more to the first bottle on the back.

The real trick to keep the taste in check is really cold water.

The Edwin Watts in Brandon, FL last week had these BOGO free. I have been using these for a couple of months now, and while like many feel the taste is a little too bland, I find they definitely help keep me hydrated throughout the round. For the cost and convenience I intend on keeping on using them.

Down to my last 2 tablets and used 2 today to get rid of some really bad leg cramps, I love these tablets! Going to order more.

Down to my last 2 tablets and used 2 today to get rid of some really bad leg cramps, I love these tablets! Going to order more.

I was rocking the Tri-Berry on the course yesterday. Still love these things and it's almost time for me to purchase a few more tubes.

I just picked up two more tubes from Roots & Relics on Tuesday. The fact that I still buy these even after testing was done is a definite testament to their effectiveness.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I just picked up two more tubes from Roots & Relics on Tuesday. The fact that I still buy these even after testing was done is a definite testament to their effectiveness.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Word. Probably one of the most insightful testings we have done this year, IMO. If you are dead and exhausted, you can't swing a golf club, no matter how much forgiveness is packed in.

It's cool to see so many still using them and believing in the product. It makes me feel like it's something I should try, there are too many good testimonials here to ignore it.

Back