That and straight outta compton! Probably my favorite beat ever.

Can I get a hellll yeaah! I like Nobody Move too. Wait isnt that Boyz n tha hood?

edit thats nwa , yeah awesome song bro

Can I get a hellll yeaah! I like Nobody Move too. Wait isnt that Boyz n tha hood?

edit thats nwa , yeah awesome song bro

Lord we are awesome.

The absolute best lyricist ever, in my opinion, is Nas. And I don't think it's even that close.

Steel Tappin'

Who doesn't love some Missy Elliott? She's definitely my female MC Goat.

Cant believe i havent found this thread till now. I pretty much agree with everything Steel President has said for 7 pages ! Kendrick Lamar is incredible and is getting better with every release.

I mainly listen to J.Cole, Kendrick, Childish Gambino, ASAP Rocky, Common, The Throne (together and separately), Mos Def (shocked nobody mentioned him) and Cudi.

Cudis new album WZRD is a strange one because its effictively his attempt at a rock album but still retains the cudi vibe. Not fully listened to it to form an opinion yet but its worth a listen. Another not so well known artist whos well worth a listen is Voli The Entity, hes part of J .Coles crew and creates his own beats as well. http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/voli-in-the-meanwhile/

Check out Mac Miller and Childish Gambino. Those are the favorites as of right now!

Mac Miller is an animal. I love that guy.

nasty nas, mr.Notorious, rakim, kanye, snoop doggy dogg. some slim shady, hova, DMX.

I like some, but I am probably to old school. maybe a some snoop dog

I still listen to who I my personally favs Pac, Jay, Nas, and Big a lot. But my favorite new guys out are Kendrick Lamar (dude is incredible), Big K.R.I.T., and J Cole.

as a guitar player & 80's metal head, rap was so not my thing ... only rap song I can say I ever liked was The Humpty Dance back in the day - that dude with the big nose in the video was great !! :bananadance:

EAZY-E was the last rap artist I listened to. Would rather listen to rock or country.

I like this one.
[video=youtube;-6b3TSnxa1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6b3TSnxa1U[/video]

Bahahaha, that was well done.

Kanye West, Jay-Z, Common, Mac Miller, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Eminem.

Pretty mainstream really now. Use to listen to a lot of other stuff in high school like Dead Prez and what not, but just not as big into rap as what I use to be.

Major skim alert, apologies if these have been mentioned. I'm not into too much mainstream rap, more prefer hip hop.

Check out Sweatshop Union, Classified, People Under the Stairs, Hieroglyphics & Pep Love.

Hieroglyphics FTW, how could I forget about those guys! And I have to add Murs to the list as well.

Major skim alert, apologies if these have been mentioned. I'm not into too much mainstream rap, more prefer hip hop.

Check out Sweatshop Union, Classified, People Under the Stairs, Hieroglyphics & Pep Love.

Just listened to the new album yesterday; thought it was just mediocre. Decent other stuff though.

Like seeing Class get some love way out in LA. Nothing like small town boy from Nova Scotia getting noticed on the West Coast.

This post could also bring up the rap and hip-hop music being the same, but I wont go there.

JNate, I went back and read through the thread. That is way cool for your sister, she is very talented. I love a good song with that smooth female voice.

Ghost, heard Class in a sports video and have been a fan ever since. Heavy Artillery is the best song!

I'm an old school hip-hop guy. Bought my first rap album in '80. Having a hard time getting into most if the new so-called rap. Still like Cube, Dre, Em, Outkast, Jay Z, and a little Luda. But still listen to my old records from the 80's and 90's.

JNate, I went back and read through the thread. That is way cool for your sister, she is very talented. I love a good song with that smooth female voice.

Ghost, heard Class in a sports video and have been a fan ever since. Heavy Artillery is the best song!

The guy started out in '95 believe it or not. I agree, Heavy Artillery is a great song. The entire Trial and Error album is arguably his best.

Back