You could pay putterlounge or a similar place to do it as well.

If you wanted to ghost your putter, I would say that painting it on with testors is a terrible idea. If you were dead set on doing it, I would get an air brush set from a hobby shop and try that with paints that were designed for that kind of thing. Also, I would try to do this with a non insert putter as you will probably hate it eventually and want to acetone it off. I would love to see you try this though. I love DIY stuff. Best of luck.

Did we ever decide if Vibrant was still in business? Wonder if they could do something too...

If you wanted to ghost your putter, I would say that painting it on with testors is a terrible idea. If you were dead set on doing it, I would get an air brush set from a hobby shop and try that with paints that were designed for that kind of thing. Also, I would try to do this with a non insert putter as you will probably hate it eventually and want to acetone it off. I would love to see you try this though. I love DIY stuff. Best of luck.

To be honest, I'm thinking about buying the TM Ghost Spider so I wanted to see if I could spruce up my relationship with the Vicino before I bought it. And, the Vicino has a small dent in the aluminum alignment aid, so if I messed it up, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Just was wondering if there's a cheaper way of doing it then sending it off to be done professionally. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" which is why I'm not really worried about messing it up.

To be honest, I'm thinking about buying the TM Ghost Spider so I wanted to see if I could spruce up my relationship with the Vicino before I bought it. And, the Vicino has a small dent in the aluminum alignment aid, so if I messed it up, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Just was wondering if there's a cheaper way of doing it then sending it off to be done professionally. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" which is why I'm not really worried about messing it up.

Go for it bro! Just do it and see what ya get. I am interested to see how this turns out.

I would go for it, but I need easy directions.

Home Depot or Wal-mart? What kind of paint? I'll do this tonight!

I sure can. Won't look much different other than the paint will not be outside the lines. I may just redo it tonight for old times sake haha.

Was thinking about the bottom, but I guess I'll see it in person later in the week when I get with Pedro (p-droid)

Was thinking about the bottom, but I guess I'll see it in person later in the week when I get with Pedro (p-droid)

Ah, I got ya. I figured I would let P-droid post the pictures of the final job because it is his putter now.

Ok, I totally skimmed here and skipped a lot. Guilty. But...

I'm familiar with testors as it's used for model cars. Can you "ghost" an entire putter with testors? Just white enamel and a brush? I imagine I should tape everything up and paint white. Should I spray or brush?

I had one done for my son by Golfin Colors, very reasonable, powder coated. I was going to do it myself with Rust-oleum paint, but then I found out they were close by, and powder coating should last longer.

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

I did 2 putters and a couple old wedges last night. I tried acetone and wouldn't come off, ran to Home Depot and got Klean Strip and man o man did that work great. Checked on them this morning and the paint I was using didn't fill in great, going to run to Hobby Lobby and get the real stuff (Testors) and repaint them tonight. Might even get some clear paint to have fun with as well.

Went and got the Testors paint last night and it is 10x better than the paint I was using. Re-did 2 of the putters I originally did. Finished the YES! Nicky in a yellow and one of my SeeMore mFGP's in a Irish green/orange theme. I'll snap some pics tonight. They both turned out great. I might paintfill my Method 001 tonight as well.

I finally bought some Testors. Going to practice on a couple old clubs this weekend and probably do the Scotty next weekend. I'll take some pics for sure.

I'm a little disappointed I couldn't find any translucent paint locally. I'll have to pick some up next time I'm home from school.

I finally bought some Testors. Going to practice on a couple old clubs this weekend and probably do the Scotty next weekend. I'll take some pics for sure.

I'm a little disappointed I couldn't find any translucent paint locally. I'll have to pick some up next time I'm home from school.

If you have a Hobby Lobby or Michaels, look in the model car sections.

Yea my college is in a small town so the only thing we have is a Fred Meyers. I need to check some of the little local craft stores, they may have it. I know there will be a few places in Portland that will have it when I go home in a couple weeks, so worst comes to worst I can just wait.

Took some pics of the finished job. Decent for my first try at this.

Started out with this:
IMGP2001.jpg

IMGP2002.jpg

IMGP2003.jpg

IMGP2004.jpg

Ended up with this:
IMGP2006.jpg

IMGP2007.jpg

IMGP2008.jpg

IMGP2009.jpg

IMGP2012.jpg

IMGP2014.jpg

Nice putters RPR. Very awesome SeeMore. I need to go get me some of that gel acetone. I couldn't find it last time I was at Home Depot. Maybe Lowe's this time. What does a bottle of that stuff usually run?

I LOVE that seemore! That looks so great!

Nice putters RPR. Very awesome SeeMore. I need to go get me some of that gel acetone. I couldn't find it last time I was at Home Depot. Maybe Lowe's this time. What does a bottle of that stuff usually run?

Thanks! It turned out real good IMO. I'm afraid to do my black SS SeeMore, but will probably do it regardless. Plan to do my Method 001 this weekend also.

@Damaikis, I think I paid around $10 for the Kleen Strip gel. It works amazingly fast.

First I absolutely love this thread. Would have never thought of doing this to my golf clubs without these many creative ideas. Before doing this to the clubs I use all the time I decided to paint fill my old Mizuno MP-11 Irons. Here are the results:

Before:

After:

I used white in the number, blue for the Mizuno logo, and black for the words "Mizuno Pro"

Last edited:
nice job Danny

Back