OEM Kevin's driver swing!

good stuff kev... i agree with just working on what your doing with your instructor. Good luck bro. i think the video and screen shots show some great insightful stuff that i never notice when making my swings at the range.

Nice Kevin, Looking forward to the end result. The things he is working with on are great!

Good luck Kevin, Those screens shots are pretty cool. If I dont get my driver swing figured out soon, I may just do the same thing with golfsmith. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks for sharing Kevin! Really helpful information for many of us. Best wishes to you!!

Good luck on your lessons Kevin.

That's a nice update Kmac, and it seems as though this fella has completely targeted what's going wrong for you. I suggest you really stick to what he's teaching you and that you dedicate a lot of time to ingraining these moves. Pretty stoked to see what transpires after your post Christmas lesson.

Thanks for sharing OEM. I did some lessons through GG. They helped me gain some power doing the same things. Getting those hips through and using your body to hit the ball. Good luck on the lessons.

Great update OEM. You can really see a nice change in those side by side photos. Looking forward to seeing how it all eventually translates for you on the course.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thank you FLTC and Tadashi you really got this moving along with your help and videos. Thanks to everyone else for your comments too.

Just don't abandon what the guy's teaching you. Stick with it no matter what the frustration levels may be. You need to focus on the long run here, not short term gains.

Just don't abandon what the guy's teaching you. Stick with it no matter what the frustration levels may be. You need to focus on the long run here, not short term gains.

This is so true. I think when I did my lessons. I went to the range two or three times a week for about a month strait. I didn't even play a round that month. I would watch my latest video from the lesson and then go directly to the range. That helped out so much.

Great info OEM. It's funny because the only time I've shared a round, you played pretty darn well. Best of luck dude!

Funny you say that because just after that one lesson I was hitting the ball so much better. So Im sure there will be some frustration involved but I was pretty elated at what one little lesson could do in such a short time.

Great info OEM. It's funny because the only time I've shared a round, you played pretty darn well. Best of luck dude!

Thanks dude. Had a great time with you out there and you have videos to prove it haha. Bro hugs? lol

Very nice Kev. I am happy you are taking control and making a fix in your game. Giving up wouldnt have done shat

nice stuff Kev, keep up the good work. Really looking forward to see how your game progresses my friend

Thanks guys. Might take my next lesson in crocs but dont want to jump ahead of myself.

Nice update with the lessons KMac. Stick to it man and good luck.

Just found this thread. Good stuff OEM! Look forward to hearing your progress. Keep at it. Big changes like these take a lot of time and effort ... but so worth it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks DD and G4L. Finally made it to the range today for the first time since the lesson. It was a mixed bag to be honest. I was hitting the ball more clean but still very short. Two more weeks to work on it till the next lesson.

Great update Kevin. Good luck with the lesson's and I hope you find your swing.

I love this thread! I like reading people progress through their golf ups and downs. I look like your impact pic a lot. No bueno!!

Time for an update. Ive had two more lessons since the last update so its due.

I wont spend much time on the second one but briefly here is what it was: He saw that I was still coming over the top real bad. So what he did was had me put a headcover in my belt on my right side. My downswing thought was to hit that headcover with my elbow and then let everything follow my hips and body through the shot. See screenshot

Spoiler
twoswings.png

During the holidays and leading up to this last lesson I didnt get much time to work on it and the one time I went to the range it didnt go too well. This brings us up to the last lesson. As I warmed up and talked to him about that range session he said he wanted to work on getting that right elbow and shoulder down as I was still struggling with it.

So, first he had me stand with my back to the hitting net about a foot away from the net and take swings. The object was to swing back and through without the club hitting the net. It wasnt easy at first. After getting this down he showed me what happened on video. It looked like a perfect swing with lag and my elbow dropping into the correct position. Then we moved back onto the hitting mat.

In this screenshot Im set up on the right to a ball and on the left a practice swing. In this drill he has a noodle set up a little in front of my set up position and to my left about a club length. I have to take the club back and then down without hitting the noodle. This again is to drop into the correct position or you hit the noodle. On the left he has a line that is supposed to wall, so I think about swinging the club up and not too layed off at the top.

Spoiler
setup.png

In this next screenshot on the left is a very good position. Elbow has dropped and the club is not outside my hands coming out to in. Its what I am trying to get to when I hit a ball. On the right is hitting the ball. Completely lost it. Hit the noodle and killed it LOL. Terrible swing.

Spoiler
swing.png

In this next screenshot on the left he is talking to me about the swing plane. One line is on plane with the club shaft but this is NOT the swing plane he wants me on. The correct swing plane is the white line. Again this about swinging on plane and not too layed off at the top.

Spoiler
planes.png

Last one. In this shot, on the left he has a bunch of lines which are the way he wants me to set up the tour sticks. One in front and one in back so I hate to swing under them and stay down. Hopefully it gets warmer and I can set this up and practice it. So far its been a huge struggle to get this to work. Feels like I really am rebuilding my whole swing.

Spoiler
drill.png

great write up buddy. Keep at it and you'll be back to form in no time! Patience Young Jedi, patience.

Pretty good stuff Kevin, I love the amount of time your putting into your game. Its gonna come together

OEM I love the position here at the top of the swing!

setup.png

Back