The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody out there use a QR reader app? I think this is pretty cool and to know if it is worth purchasing an app for it.

I use Mobio, which is free and runs frequent contests and functions as a QR code scanner as well. I mostly only use it for the QR and the contests but it can do other things, too.

War.Eagle - QR codes are those funky black and white squares you see in stores and such - they function like UPC codes on food boxes, sort of - most of the time they direct your phone browser to a website for a store or manufacturer or contest entry, etc. No typing or url's, just scan and go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code

Does anybody out there use a QR reader app? I think this is pretty cool and to know if it is worth purchasing an app for it.

There's a real simple but probably the best one and it's free. It's called Scan. At least when I look at it that's all at says.

I use Mobio, which is free and runs frequent contests and functions as a QR code scanner as well. I mostly only use it for the QR and the contests but it can do other things, too.

War.Eagle - QR codes are those funky black and white squares you see in stores and such - they function like UPC codes on food boxes, sort of - most of the time they direct your phone browser to a website for a store or manufacturer or contest entry, etc. No typing or url's, just scan and go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code

Ok, I know what it is now. Just didnt know there were called QR codes.

anyone with the 4s and sprint still experience slow service?

I use Red Laser. It also scans barcodes for quick quotes on products. I also downloaded Microsoft Tag just because they have to be cool and develop their own QR type code as well. They're so non-conformist.

Here's the link on Red Laser for info.

I've actually started seeing TV shows and TV ads using QR codes. Some shows are using the QR codes when they are playing new music and it will take you to a link to purchase the song... I can't remember which commercials I've seen, but they are out there. I had a QR reader (red laser) for a while, but I never really used it much as I think I was a little early in the process, but you could also scan bar codes and it would show you places you could buy the products online and for how much, maybe I'll try it again.

I've actually started seeing TV shows and TV ads using QR codes. Some shows are using the QR codes when they are playing new music and it will take you to a link to purchase the song... I can't remember which commercials I've seen, but they are out there. I had a QR reader (red laser) for a while, but I never really used it much as I think I was a little early in the process, but you could also scan bar codes and it would show you places you could buy the products online and for how much, maybe I'll try it again.

I think GAP or old navy does/used to do it. Shazam is the same way too, companies have used that in their commercials too

My wife was playing with her iOS5 3GS last night and noticed that if you swipe down from the top a bar comes down with weather and calendar and stuff. Is that the status bar and if so, can you customize it?

My wife was playing with her iOS5 3GS last night and noticed that if you swipe down from the top a bar comes down with weather and calendar and stuff. Is that the status bar and if so, can you customize it?
It's the Notification Bar (NB) and sort of. Under Settings>Notifications the apps that will display in the NB will have some settings on how they display. You can also add apps to the NB which aren't already there, and manage how the NB sorts stuff.

Yeah I've been using that feature quite a lot. I like to set all the notifications to just flash at the top then I can check them at my leisure. I hate when you have to clear the notification like when the text messages used to come in on the old iOS

Tapatalk

It's the Notification Bar (NB) and sort of. Under Settings>Notifications the apps that will display in the NB will have some settings on how they display. You can also add apps to the NB which aren't already there, and manage how the NB sorts stuff.

Cool. Glad they gave us a way to get rid of the stock ticker. Now if only we could delete the stock app entirely from the phone...

After a few days with iOS5 on my 3GS I'm very happy. I like it a lot. No problems at all once it was installed, seems to run smoothly, perhaps quicker, and nice new features. A good update for a change.

I actually like the new iOS from apple. It took a bit of getting used to, but its pretty neat. I can't get rid of the newstand though, so I just stuck it in my folder of apps that I can't get rid of. Does anyone know what their voicemail password is? I haven't called AT&T yet regarding this, but I keep getting a notification to enter my VM password. I've tried the last 4 digits of my phone number, 1234, and 0000 all of which don't seem to work. And why would you need a VM password?

I actually like the new iOS from apple. It took a bit of getting used to, but its pretty neat. I can't get rid of the newstand though, so I just stuck it in my folder of apps that I can't get rid of. Does anyone know what their voicemail password is? I haven't called AT&T yet regarding this, but I keep getting a notification to enter my VM password. I've tried the last 4 digits of my phone number, 1234, and 0000 all of which don't seem to work. And why would you need a VM password?
**Feel free for anyone to correct if worng**
It asks you for the password the first time you connect to the voicemail...I've had my iphone for years now and can't remember if there's an option to require a password every time or not, but I never have to put in a passcode once I'd set up my visual voicemail.

You can reset your vm pass on the web or by calling 611 (I think :)

iOS using Tapatalk

So you can access your VM remotely. It only asks once during setup on your cell phone but if you dial your phone number from a land line phone (let's say you don't have signal) and get your VM hit * and it'll ask for your passcode to access your VM.

You can reset your vm pass on the web or by calling 611 (I think :)

This ^^^^

GC try the last 4 of your ssn.

I know it's been asked and talked about before but I was hoping someone might have a great recommendation for me, right now I use a black and white Otterbox defender series, it's the super protective one, I like it, but I'd really like to show off more of my phone, I've used a mid level protective case from Trident, but once again it doesn't show the phone at all, so I'm asking, does anyone have a good recommendation of a case that's either clear or mostly clear, to show off the phone, but protective enough to keep the phone safe? I'm not opposed to using screen and back protecters if that helps with some scratch protection, I just haven't even been able to find a clear bumper, thanks in advance.

Have you tried the otterbox executive. Lower profile protective case. I use the Mophie juice pack. It's an extended battery and protective case

I know it's been asked and talked about before but I was hoping someone might have a great recommendation for me, right now I use a black and white Otterbox defender series, it's the super protective one, I like it, but I'd really like to show off more of my phone, I've used a mid level protective case from Trident, but once again it doesn't show the phone at all, so I'm asking, does anyone have a good recommendation of a case that's either clear or mostly clear, to show off the phone, but protective enough to keep the phone safe? I'm not opposed to using screen and back protecters if that helps with some scratch protection, I just haven't even been able to find a clear bumper, thanks in advance.

Apple sells some really slender one that are rubber on the sides and have a clear back. Very small case and works fairly well, I think Griffin makes it.

Here it is:

griffin-technology-reveal-for-iphone-4-black-clear.jpg

Apple sells some really slender one that are rubber on the sides and have a clear back. Very small case and works fairly well, I think Griffin makes it.

Here it is:

That'll be enough out of you Richard....lol

Here it is:

Yup, thats the one I have. It works great, small and has handled a ton of drops. I cant stand those big transformer looking cases.

I have that Griffin case in white on my white 4s. Works great. Plus you get to see the phone. Phone gets slightly stuck in your pocket but nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back