2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psyched to see that we are going to start getting some team anouncements. This thread is gonna explode.

I wouldn't be worried about their plane ticket either, esp after they ran off with free(to them) equipment.

I meant more of the non active guys, the guys that ran off with equipment is not even debatable

I meant more of the non active guys, the guys that ran off with equipment is not even debatable

yeah I know what you meant.
THP is in a tough situation, but I'm sure JB and GolferGal will handle it accordingly

On the rare, far out there example, what if you were active military and joined the board. You signed up, started getting involved, and then you were deployed up until the cutoff date for the demo day. Albeit an extreme example used to make the point, would it be fair to boot that guy out when he was unable to post?

I think it's gotta be a bit case by case. At least send those signed up an email or PM to see if they're still active and if they want to go.

I think it is early enough that most people have not purchased plane tickets as several airlines are not offering flights in May yet. Now would be the time to act I would think. Of course I agree with your comment JB that it really should not matter whether the tickets have been bought or not. These people are not being courteous with their actions so THP need not take their well being into account when dealing with them. I have seen JB and GG operate this site extremely well over the last 2 years and I have no doubt they will handle this particular situation in the best manner possible.

Tapping my way down the highway

Obviously I have no say, but given the choice, I would choose someone who has been active in the past to those that have never been active. Not that either one is gonna be great, but those that were active are more likely to become active again as opposed to those that were never active. Still, there is plenty of time for all involved to become active.

Did you say active somewhere in there? LOL

On the rare, far out there example, what if you were active military and joined the board. You signed up, started getting involved, and then you were deployed up until the cutoff date for the demo day. Albeit an extreme example used to make the point, would it be fair to boot that guy out when he was unable to post?

I think it's gotta be a bit case by case. At least send those signed up an email or PM to see if they're still active and if they want to go.

I would assume that they would have said something beforehand in case something came up. I wouldnt spend $200 + without knowing I could definitely go.

I would assume that they would have said something beforehand in case something came up. I wouldnt spend $200 + without knowing I could definitely go.

I would assume they'd say something too, but you never know. Some people can be a little absent minded. I just don't want JB/GG to have to deal with the obligatory "I was going to start posting again!" email after they drop someone who may have had a somewhat decent excuse.

I would send them a pm and tell them the outing is strictly for active members. Your privilege to attend has been revoked unless you are active duty military who has been in a war zone, someone on a missionary trip to Africa with no access to the internet, or one who has been locked as an illegal immigrant example = DevRickus haha.

I would assume they'd say something too, but you never know. Some people can be a little absent minded. I just don't want JB/GG to have to deal with the obligatory "I was going to start posting again!" email after they drop someone who may have had a somewhat decent excuse.

I dont want to speak out of turn but I would also assume that they would reach out (or have reached out) to these individuals. If they get no response, they really don't have much of a choice. The rules for entering where plain and simple. Be an active member in good standing or don't come. It's pretty black and white.

I would send them a pm and tell them the outing is strictly for active members. Your privilege to attend has been revoked unless you are active duty military who has been in a war zone, someone on a missionary trip to Africa with no access to the internet, or one who has been locked as an illegal immigrant example = DevRickus haha.

Does OG stand for Old geezer?

I just hope Jefrazie's hand, wrist, or whatever he hurt hitting roots yesterday is healed by next May, dont want any excuses out there when he gets beat down.

Unless of course he is on my team, then all of the excuses are welcome

Did you say active somewhere in there? LOL

I am actively trying to be more active for the other active members of THP, while showing the non-active folks how to be more active. Hahahaha.

What makes you think this hasn't happened already? I would bet JB and GG have tried to reach out to these folks several times already.

I am actively trying to be more active for the other active members of THP, while showing the non-active folks how to be more active. Hahahaha.

Good job being pro-active

I'm not worried right now about who is active and who isn't. Luckily I don't have to deal with it.
I'm more excited about the unlimited golf we get to play at a top notch resort.

I'm really looking forward to sitting on the patio area behind 9 and 18 on the North-South course and watching groups come in. Those 2 holes and cause good rounds to explode. It will be fun to watch some good approach shots in to that shared green.

This is something THP will handle and although difficult, will work around these problems. Take for instance an example. An active forum member that signed up for the outing. In fact they were chosen for testing and then vanished (with equipment). Frankly I dont care if they purchased their plane ticket and they were refunded their deposit by the resort and explained that if they wanted to stay at Grand Cypress during this time, it would be as a regular guest and not part of THP.

We have not said that we would not allow people to come due to post count, but we are going to reach out to some people that are not active at all and ask their thoughts about attending because there is a requirement that if you attend a demo day, you are also there to review products and hindering the future of the THP demo day by lack of posting thoughts, does little to help anybody involved.

Legally speaking, can THP handle these situations? I wouldn't want to see yourself get into some sort of lawsuit.

What makes you think this hasn't happened already? I would bet JB and GG have tried to reach out to these folks several times already.

Well that would mean that they are no longer coming in my book. Gosh communication is so important when trying to organize any kind of event! If they have failed to get back and let their intentions be known, you got to move forward. I am sure there are quite a few active members who are chomping at the bit to attend. They should not be denied because of the ones who don't get the true meaning of a THP Outing.

Well that would mean that they are no longer coming in my book. Gosh communication is so important when trying to organize any kind of event! If they have failed to get back and let their intentions be known, you got to move forward. I am sure there are quite a few active members who are chomping at the bit to attend. They should not be denied because of the ones who don't get the true meaning of a THP Outing.
Yeah like dressing in drag and signing karaoke......hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back