2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

My current experiment - ZX5 PW vs T150 PW. The Srixon has a Dart 65R shaft, the Titleist is Tensei Blue AM2-R. I expected a bigger difference. Was swinging so-so today, most things were out on the toe. The ZX5 is a little longer so you have more toe to work with, but they were comparable. In addition distance was pretty much the same, the T150 maybe was a yard or two longer. Both are 44*. Different feel when you flush them - ZX5 has a light click, the T150 just kind of dissarears into the cornfield like Shoeless Joe.

View attachment 9262485
View attachment 9262486
I came from ZX5's to T200/T150 combo and I find the T150 feels miles better to me than the ZX5 - and the ZX5 is no slouch.

I came from ZX5's to T200/T150 combo and I find the T150 feels miles better to me than the ZX5 - and the ZX5 is no slouch.
After a couple of range sessions I ordered up the T150 9i, will see how that fares. Gapping should be good with T150 in 9-PW and ZX5mk2 in 7-8i, but if the 9i works maybe I'll keep going. I've been really happy with the ZX5 and assumed the T150 would be harder to hit and penalize me more but not really seeing that. If anything, I'm getting some of the, "it's a smaller head so you better focus" benefit with the T150. Plus they remind me of my old DCI irons to some degree. Back when I could swing hard without fear of something going snap...

After a couple of range sessions I ordered up the T150 9i, will see how that fares. Gapping should be good with T150 in 9-PW and ZX5mk2 in 7-8i, but if the 9i works maybe I'll keep going. I've been really happy with the ZX5 and assumed the T150 would be harder to hit and penalize me more but not really seeing that. If anything, I'm getting some of the, "it's a smaller head so you better focus" benefit with the T150. Plus they remind me of my old DCI irons to some degree. Back when I could swing hard without fear of something going snap...
For what it's worth, I did a direct distance comparison of the T200/150 back earlier in my testing and found that the T-Series was about 1/2 club longer than the ZX5 (Mk1). But of course correct shaft choice, etc will factor into that. I suspect you won't have much of and issue blending the two together if you choose to do so.

Last edited:
Got a lot of work with my T150s today, especially the short irons since there were a lot of par 3 holes. Held up well in rough conditions and there was one shot so flushed that I hit it clear over the green, mostly due to learning playing distances etc.

Flush contact with these feels great, and feel like I’m still seeing good amounts of spin and strong flight with these irons. Feeling a lot more confident after a round in with them.

For what it's worth, I did a direct distance comparison of the T200/150 back earlier in my testing and found that the T-Series was about 1/2 club longer than the ZX5 (Mk1). But of course correct shaft choice, etc will factor into that. I suspect you won't have much of and issue blending the two together if you choose to do so.

I came from ZX5’s as well and was originally fit into a full T200 set. Ball striking and overall game has shown improvement. I actually switched my short irons to T150’s a couple of weeks ago, so now I’m also T200/T150 combo. The T200 long irons have been incredible since day 1, and now I feel I have a little more control with the T150 in my scoring irons. Better turf interaction than my ZX5’s.

I came from ZX5’s as well and was originally fit into a full T200 set. Ball striking and overall game has shown improvement. I actually switched my short irons to T150’s a couple of weeks ago, so now I’m also T200/T150 combo. The T200 long irons have been incredible since day 1, and now I feel I have a little more control with the T150 in my scoring irons. Better turf interaction than my ZX5’s.
Nice dude! Which iron did you start at for the 150's?

Nice dude! Which iron did you start at for the 150's?

6-GW are T150 now, kept the 4 and 5 T200 in the bag. I feel like the transition is better with the T150 into my wedges. I added a little more spin with the 150 stock wedges too.
I’d noticed that I was starting to get caught in the turf more and leaving the face open as I was improving my swing. So I visited a Titleist fitter and we made some adjustments, but at the end of the fitting, the 150 gave me a bit better numbers and dispersion. In the original fitting, we really focused on ball speed, but as my ball striking has improved, I wanted to have a little more control with my scoring irons. The 150 gives me that, plus the T200 short irons were a little hot off the face.

I have always been a slow adopter of new irons and after about 8-10 rounds I am beginning to dial in my swing and distances. After almost 6 months off, starting to get feel back and really are loving the T200/T150 combo.

I am finding more frequently that well struck shots go at least 1 club longer than my previous TCB’s so am starting to adjust albeit slowly depending on pin location.

Yesterday I hit an 8 iron to 4 feet on a downhill, below my feet that I commented to a playing partner that it felt just as good as my old TCB’s. This is a shot that I historically struggle with. They feel just that good on center strikes.

Very happy with my purchase, looking forward to a long season.

6-GW are T150 now, kept the 4 and 5 T200 in the bag. I feel like the transition is better with the T150 into my wedges. I added a little more spin with the 150 stock wedges too.
I’d noticed that I was starting to get caught in the turf more and leaving the face open as I was improving my swing. So I visited a Titleist fitter and we made some adjustments, but at the end of the fitting, the 150 gave me a bit better numbers and dispersion. In the original fitting, we really focused on ball speed, but as my ball striking has improved, I wanted to have a little more control with my scoring irons. The 150 gives me that, plus the T200 short irons were a little hot off the face.
Nice dude. I definitely agree with the transition into the wedges being better from T150, they feel more similar to a Vokey. I know what you mean about how hot the T200 are, but at least for me, I haven't found that to cause inconsistent distance control so I really like the extra help in the mid irons. I transition at 9i to T150, which basically means from closer than 150, i'm all T150...
Sarcastic Well Done GIF by CBC

I'm seeing this left miss creep back in. Over the last 15 rounds I've pretty much equalized it to only very slightly skewed to the left, but today's round I missed EVERYTHING left. GIR wasn't awful at 8 GIR, but that was all 9i and shorter, and the left miss got me in some trouble a few times with the longer clubs. Need to work that out. The fact that I even hit 8 GIR though today is a testament to the T-Series' forgiveness, because my swing was a bit of a mess today.

The 48 was really showing its worth as a chipping club today as well. Absolutely loving it for these little toe down runners. Other than a putt from off the green, that is about my most reliable short game shot at the moment.

This was probably my best swing of the day with an iron. Absolutely perfect flight and felt like butter with the T150 9 iron. Unfortunately just lipped out the birdie but it was still a great shot on a hole with a green that can be very tough to hit.
1000002704.png

Back from vacation, swinging the clubs again after 2 weeks away. The 2i is back in the bag after being re-epoxied. Felt good to have it back. Work on swing timing is producing a better swing and I saw some of my best 7i swings in a long time. My pull left was there, but addressing shots with a slightly open face is producing a slight draw now. Funny how my swing has evolved over a decade+.

I am focusing on the PW and 7i at the range to keep contact around the middle. Even with a slight toe shot, I am seeing great flight and distance and still love these clubs. Not over swinging has led to more consistent shots and sometimes longer distances. I am still seeing the forgiveness across the face and with a reduction in closing the club head during my swing, my dispersion is slowly tightening up. I am excited to see how these irons play out this summer.

Small update today. Still working on the swing.

I was scolded after complaining about a few miss hits which ended up in good spots. I think that is the best part of these irons.

High toe 2i where I dropped the club in frustration, followed by, "Why are you whining?" That's fair.

1715388348888.png

Played like a hot mess, but the irons helped keep things in check (in play). Lost my match on the 18th, and I am thrilled that it lasted that long. I have had a lot of recovery shots with these irons and they are up to the nonsense I throw at them.

The experiment continues. Since the PW worked for me, ordered up a 9i. Then I got to thinking about mid-iron vs hybrid. I have Cleveland 27* and G430 26* hybrids and hit them ok but I used to be a decent iron player (especially back in my DCI Gold days). Conventional wisdom says hybrid since my swing speed has dropped, but if going iron then conventional wisdom would say T200 over T150. But color me stubborn, and given the T150 keeps up with the ZX5s, I took a flyer and ordered a T150 6i. Showed up today so off to the range for the first time for both the 9i and 6i. I took my ZX5 9i and Cleveland 27* hybrid to compare. After figuring what my swing was doing today, I started making good contact. The T150 9i had no trouble matching the ZX5 9i, and it was about 10-12 yards longer than the T150 PW.

The surprise was the 6i. Took a few shots but found the groove and flushed a few. Switched back and forth between the hybrid and 6i. Damned if I wasn't a bit longer with the 6i, and not really less consistent. In fact I had more confidence standing over the ball with the 6i than with the shovel. Go figure.

So 7i and 8i are getting ordered up, and thinking about a 5i. Conventional wisdom again would say T200 - and I stopped by the local shop and looked at them. They look nice. But I may take another flyer and get the T150. Have to think about it. I might be at the break point between 5 and 6. When I did my Vokey fitting a few weeks back the fitter said T150 should be fine for me but he'd probably suggest T200 at 6i. I think my swing has come around a bit since then so maybe 5i.

Now if I can just find my old DCI 1-iron I'll be set 🙃

150s - 1.jpeg

Finally starting to get my early season swing dialed in and the T-150/200 combo is really starting to shine. Shot my best score so far this year, 74 with a stupid double bogey while talking during my swing. Also was 3” from a HIO on another par 3 on the back 9.

Biggest challenge now is trusting that I don’t need as much club as I did last year with the TCB’s and to not get quick. I find with the slightly stronger lofts I am 1 club longer so key is to swing smooth and trust the club will deliver the distance.

I am enthusiastic with the switch to Titleist irons for first time and look forward to hopefully getting lower scores this year. Plus they feel fantastic.

Sorry if this has been covered, I tried getting through all 1650 pages. I’ve got 716 AP2’s now and am hoping to get fit into the T-series late this year/start of next. My question, how much of a jump in forgiveness are you guys seeing that have made the jump.

I’m not chasing distance, would like a higher ball flight and more forgiveness on mid-hits. Trying to drop from a 15 to a single digit this year, hitting more GIR is a big part of that.

Sorry if this has been covered, I tried getting through all 1650 pages. I’ve got 716 AP2’s now and am hoping to get fit into the T-series late this year/start of next. My question, how much of a jump in forgiveness are you guys seeing that have made the jump.

I’m not chasing distance, would like a higher ball flight and more forgiveness on mid-hits. Trying to drop from a 15 to a single digit this year, hitting more GIR is a big part of that.
It’s a huge difference from the AP2. I used to play them and can’t imagine going back. The t150 are very forgiving until you get up the 4i.

Curious how many are playing the T150 gap wedge (W 48*) vs a Vokey or other specialty? I'm finding my groove with the T150s, and when I put a proper swing on it I'm finding the set PW feels pretty awesome whereas the Vokey 50 is good but...well, not the same. With the lofts the W really is equivalent to old-school PW loft anyway, and I always played a set wedge with those. I actually would be fine with 48-54-60 gapping given how I play at the moment.

Curious how many are playing the T150 gap wedge (W 48*) vs a Vokey or other specialty? I'm finding my groove with the T150s, and when I put a proper swing on it I'm finding the set PW feels pretty awesome whereas the Vokey 50 is good but...well, not the same. With the lofts the W really is equivalent to old-school PW loft anyway, and I always played a set wedge with those. I actually would be fine with 48-54-60 gapping given how I play at the moment.
I play the 48° T-150 GW as part of my set. I use it for partial and full shots and it performs great. I gravitate from the GW to a Vokey SM9 54° with no issues with gapping. This is my 4th set in a row that I have played the set GW and really like it. I always have same shaft in my GW as the rest of my irons. I enjoy the consistency on full shots and shaping.

I have struggled a bit with my swing over the last few weeks, but things kind of came together a bit better for me in today’s round. I had 7/9 GIR when hitting one of my Titleist irons. One of my best swings was on a par 3 that gives me fits. It plays anywhere from 195 to 210 yards, with a fairly small green. I hit my T200 4 iron. I was quite surprised with the height of the ball flight. The ball came down fairly soft and left me a birdie look (which of course I proceeded to three putt, LOL).

IMG_6740.png

Back