2024 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

I've got a couple of dozen B X on the way from Worldwide to put the Ballnamic recommendation to test. According to the Ballnamic ratings, the BX is a decidedly better ball for me. Of the 3 or 4 rounds I played with it, it was the longest of the balls I've tried this year. I think green side spin will be close enough to the TP5 for that to be a big difference.

I've got a couple of dozen B X on the way from Worldwide to put the Ballnamic recommendation to test. According to the Ballnamic ratings, the BX is a decidedly better ball for me. Of the 3 or 4 rounds I played with it, it was the longest of the balls I've tried this year. I think green side spin will be close enough to the TP5 for that to be a big difference.
Nice! I'm thinking hard about giving TP5 a run for a couple of weeks. I traded a guy at my club a few other balls that I didn't like for a sleeve of Donut TP5's and I enjoyed how they felt off irons and wedges. I never gave them a real shot in my ball testing earlier this year.

The more I play the Tour B X the more I am in love with it. Off the tee it has performed better than any ball I have played in recent memory. It has a ton of distance without being a spin monster.

I played some desert golf last weekend and did not have to retire a single ball because of damage to the cover. I have been really impressed with the ball so far.

I played some desert golf last weekend and did not have to retire a single ball because of damage to the cover. I have been really impressed with the ball so far.
Besides the great performance, this is probably one of the biggest benefits in my eyes. They are so durable.

I finally got a full round in with the B-XS outdoors

I'll post some thoughts soon, because I have some interesting comments

Spoiler, the round went well

PXL_20240428_144921090.jpg

I’ve really enjoyed the Tour B X this year. Even though I have multiple dz of another golf ball which is a great ball. I really want to give these a go this year. I’ve really enjoyed these off the tee and with my irons. Jury is still out regarding the green side spin for me. I’ve made a lot of changes to my swing and I’m not sure if it’s the ball or me yet. It feels great off the putter too!

So a few things I noticed playing the ball in real rounds....I play the BXS

-trajectory I didn't feel was as high as the CTx. It was fine. To me it was like any other ball

-feel was very good. I had mentioned earlier there is a nice "thump" to this ball. Felt great off the putter and irons

One thing I really noticed was how straight I hit it. It was very interesting. I hit a couple of drivers and 3 woods where I said "ah crap, pull" and the ball kinda didn't pull all that bad.

I also noticed a straighter ball flight with irons. Still a slight draw, but a bit less than normal

I played 3 days in a row and I can say with every club I was hitting a ball flight with less draw. I was fine with this.

I'm not sure what to make of it. But I shot 70 today on a course with a 74 rating. So I guess it's good

Last edited:
After not playing Bridgestone Tour B golf balls for several years, I've very much enjoyed playing the Tour B RX over the last couple months. I'm considering a golf ball fitting to see if recent swing changes might warrant a different model, but have gotten along nicely with this golf ball. I feel like distance has been good, feel has been great, and durability has been outstanding. I played the first 43 holes with the same ball yesterday and would've played it longer but lost it in the rough. I'm not seeing the greenside spin that I would like, but the golf ball has proven consistent and I am able to confidently play it and know what to expect.

Besides the great performance, this is probably one of the biggest benefits in my eyes. They are so durable.
These are most durable ball I’ve played this year by far.

Is anyone finding that the ball moves side-to-side a little less than other balls?

I'm just wondering if it's a dimple thing.

I mentioned above but i found the B-XS to be a very straight ball , i had a bit of a harder time drawing it. However this also means it tends to go straight, which is usually a good thing when you plan for it.

Could just be random and i'll see with more experience. But i've played about 24 holes with the ball outside.

I just did my first Ballnamic fitting and the recommendations surprised me a bit. I've been playing the Tour B RX, at the recommendation of the "fitting" on Bridgestone's site, and really enjoying it. Ballnamic recommends the Tour B X by a nearly 4% increase over the Tour B RX. One other ball was recommended by a almost non-existent margin. I happen to have a dozen of the 2nd place recommendation already, so I'm thinking I will pick up a dozen Tour B X Mindset golf balls for comparison. Intrigued how the two different Tour B balls compare.

I just did my first Ballnamic fitting and the recommendations surprised me a bit. I've been playing the Tour B RX, at the recommendation of the "fitting" on Bridgestone's site, and really enjoying it. Ballnamic recommends the Tour B X by a nearly 4% increase over the Tour B RX. One other ball was recommended by an almost non-existent margin. I happen to have a dozen of the 2nd place recommendation already, so I'm thinking I will pick up a dozen Tour B X Mindset golf balls for comparison. Intrigued how the two different Tour B balls compare.
Ballnamic is such a cool tool. It always amazes me how I can pick out such a good ball for me. It has two years in a row. Except for the last time I ran it I had some very weird results, but I think I fat fingered something.

Picked up a trial pack (3 balls each) of Bridgestone Tour Bx and RBx to try them out, trying to hone in on a new ball for the year. I currently bag Mizuno RB Tour, Vice Pro, Srixon QST, and some Prior year RBx-S that I have left over, but I would Love to settle on the “one”. Swing Speed with driver is 95 +/-, and my index is 15.2. Age is 72.

I have been out a few times and have played the Tour B’s. I hit the Bx well compared to the RBx. It flies longer and straighter off the tee, and has a lot of good spin on 9 iron and PW into the green. To me, the Vice Pro is real close to the Bx ball, with maybe a little less spin into the green. Off the driver they are comparable, with a slight edge to Bx ball. I’ve played ProV-1x a few times, and for me, it’s a better ball, but it should be for cost. ProV1x It also felt firmer off short irons and putter, but this is something you can get used to.
The RBx did not work well compared to the TourBx; for some reason it was a little wayward, a little deader, and the Tour Bx was better off the short irons than RBx. It’s clearly not as long either, regardless of club. Not a bad ball though, and I would not kick them out of bag, as I have with others.

From a con perspective, the only negative I have with Tour Bx is durability. It gets scuffed up with normal play during a single round, which was unusual with all the balls I’ve used. I usually get sometimes 3 rounds out of a ball, sometimes more, unless I lose the in the woods or water. Now, the scuffing is not terrible, it doesn’t seem to affect the ball at all. Maybe it would better described as “cosmetic” scuffing, but it was a little disappointing nonetheless.

Maybe it had something to do with my irons as well; I play the PXGGen 5 Black finish, but I never noticed it with other balls.
Probably the biggest surprise to me was the RX. No scuffing at all, cosmetic or otherwise. Maybe that’s because the Tour Bx is a little firmer, but I don’t know.

Anyway, wanted to share my experience. I’ve not made a decision on the “one” ball yet.

Gary

image.jpgimage.jpg

Is anyone finding that the ball moves side-to-side a little less than other balls?

I'm just wondering if it's a dimple thing.

I mentioned above but i found the B-XS to be a very straight ball , i had a bit of a harder time drawing it. However this also means it tends to go straight, which is usually a good thing when you plan for it.

Could just be random and i'll see with more experience. But i've played about 24 holes with the ball outside.
Yes. B x and b xs fly straighter than any ball I've tested...

New tp5x - worse dispersion
New ct and ctx - worse dispersion

Yes. B x and b xs fly straighter than any ball I've tested...

New tp5x - worse dispersion
New ct and ctx - worse dispersion

Nice, it's funny because you never really know everything until you get outside. I liked the CTx better on a trackman but outdoors the BXS just feels really good and i'm hitting really good iron shots with it

First round down with the Tour B X and I'm a fan. I like the B RX, but the B X wins for me in every category: distance, how it handles the wind, dispersion, and feel. After my first drive I said, "Oh!" and the next 83 shots confirmed what I felt on the first shot. I'm a fan.

Also, the ball still looks pretty damn good after 18 holes

View attachment IMG_1321.mov

First round down with the Tour B X and I'm a fan. I like the B RX, but the B X wins for me in every category: distance, how it handles the wind, dispersion, and feel. After my first drive I said, "Oh!" and the next 83 shots confirmed what I felt on the first shot. I'm a fan.

Also, the ball still looks pretty damn good after 18 holes

View attachment 9265224
The durability stuff is interesting to me. How different it can be for everyone.

After a lot of rounds and every weather and course condition now, I'd give it a pretty middle grade on that for me. I've been burning through them at a pretty good pace lately. So much so that it was noticed and pointed out by a guy I played with the other day.

It's not a top priority of mine. I don't worry as much about it as some. But I don't think it's an area they shine for me.

The durability stuff is interesting to me. How different it can be for everyone.

After a lot of rounds and every weather and course condition now, I'd give it a pretty middle grade on that for me. I've been burning through them at a pretty good pace lately. So much so that it was noticed and pointed out by a guy I played with the other day.

It's not a top priority of mine. I don't worry as much about it as some. But I don't think it's an area they shine for me.
I played yesterday morning and went through 3 golf balls during the round. This particular sleeve seemed like it was a completely different ball in regards to durability. Scuffs and paint wear were pretty major yesterday and concerned me a bit due to how drastic the difference I saw yesterday.

I know there are a great number of variables at play, and that my sample size is only 4-5 rounds, but I'm seeing a bit of mixed bag in regards to wear. I only got to play 8 holes last night, but had zero durability issues. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.

In regards to the performance of the golf ball (Tour B X), I am really enjoying what I'm seeing & feeling. I'm seeing great carry on windy days, my distances remain up from the Tour B RX, and getting plenty of spin to hold greens on longer approaches. The only approach I was unable to stop, one of the only two GIR I missed last night, was a 3W from 254y. It rolled a couple feet off the back of the green and came to rest on the apron. I had planned to give equal time to another golf ball, but I find myself not wanting to take the Tour B X out of play long enough to test another ball.

I've seen some people talk about durability being good---i'm not necessarily seeing that. I would say it's a bit below average versus other balls. I often have a pretty noticeable iron/wedge mark within a few holes. It's not some huge thing and doesn't affect performance, but versus the CTx or ProV1x i would say it shows more shredding than those balls

Feel is very very good for an "X" ball

I putted probably 100 balls outdoors with both the CTx and the B-XS. And the Bridgestone to me has much better feel.

I thought for sure i would use the Callaway this year but i'm leaning towards the Bridgestone right now. My launch numbers were a bit better on a trackman setting with the Callaway but the feel outdoors with Bridgestone is amazing. And i just "like" the ball better for whatever reason.

I've still been burning through them at a little better clip than preferred, but performance continues to impress.

1000068014.jpg

And the blue narwhal continues to give me the right attitude out there.

Played the BX today on the back 9 and shot a 39. Like it best off the tee, maybe a little lower trajectory on irons than I find optimal. Good chipping and putting. Think I still prefer the B XS of the two just for the softness and slightly higher ball flight (I think?).

I have been playnig Z-StarXV and Z-Star Diamonds for a while, and as my stash has dwindled I bought some of each of the BX and BX-S. I've played them before when they were the 330 line, and really liked them then. The new ones are a comfortable fit being familiar with the older versions. I really am enjoying the BX-S more of the two, but would have no problem if I only had one or the other. I was a little nervous about the BX-S with the "extra spin" marketing, because I really don't need extra spin in my tee game, but I find these balls to just want to go straight off the tee. I tend to fight a hook, and these don't hook any harder off the tee for me than a ball sold as being lower spin. There is definitely a softer feel for the BX-S on irons, wedges and putter, and I prefer that. I haven't got any numbers to back it up, but I don't really notice any significant difference in distance between the two. I do notice that both are longer off irons and wedges than my Srixon balls. By a good bit. A had a stretch of a few rounds where my driver was particularly good, and the BX-S was going to places I've never come close to from the tee. In the good way! I ordered a big stash of the BX-S that'll probably get me through the rest of the year, and if they stay as straight as they've been so far, probably well into next year as well.

The B3 Blue Narwhals did well yesterday. A 2nd and 1st place finish on a long day of golf for the B X.

Playing pitch marks and bent greens it had plenty of spin. Ripped a couple back further than I would have wanted and held others real well. Was on my third at the end of the opening round and second at the end of the afternoon one. It definitely seems like it's iron shots that scuff them for me.

Aside from two that were on me they were really solid off the tee and a really good match on flight for the course setups and just love them with my irons.

Last edited:
Pretty good round in the wind today for them. Never really had the wind. Was almost always across in some way. And it did pretty well. I had a drive and 2 fairway woods off the tee move both ways. Played a cut into it that got turned around. As expected.

Distances against were solid. One drive into the wind I can't even wrap my head around. I was swinging a bit today, but dang.

And was playing that little city wedge approach against it to perfection. Really enjoyable day with the B X out there.

Back