Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Also, I cleared the creek that’s usually my nemesis. (170 yards) today. Usually I lay up.
We’ve been so careful not to “claim this club adds yardage” I’m saying f**k it. I cleared the creek. It goes further.
I feel the nemesis hole so much. Mine is a par 4 that plays 288 with needing about 200 to clear the water. I've done it a couple times, but never on a first shot, always on a 2nd tee shot messing around.

I want to be able to clear that hazard so badly, and want it by enough that I could get to that green on rollout...

We're gonna do it this year!

Lets Go GIF by DriveTribe

The ride is fun.
Oh, it's happening. Just a matter of how long I can be patient before I just say screw it and bid enough to make sure I get it.

I feel the nemesis hole so much. Mine is a par 4 that plays 288 with needing about 200 to clear the water. I've done it a couple times, but never on a first shot, always on a 2nd tee shot messing around.

I want to be able to clear that hazard so badly, and want it by enough that I could get to that green on rollout...

We're gonna do it this year!
Yes! It already feels so absolutely game changing.

Yes. Love this!
Do you normally “go for it” anyways? Or lay up?
I got to the point where I was hitting 9 iron off the tee and turning a really short par four into a par 5.
Always go.

Oh, it's happening. Just a matter of how long I can be patient before I just say screw it and bid enough to make sure I get it.
I might have skimmed it, but which model and loft are you going to get? Do you have a shaft choice picked out already?

Love to see this confidence for you my man. That's huge!
It really is. Makes the game so much more fun!
Do you have any last minute tune-ups coming with your Max before next week?

It really is. Makes the game so much more fun!
Do you have any last minute tune-ups coming with your Max before next week?
Planning to play Sat and Mon before heading out

I might have skimmed it, but which model and loft are you going to get? Do you have a shaft choice picked out already?
Max 10.5

Going to put the old white tie in it, but now my interest is piqued with the Mitsubishi C6 Blue. Lin-Q blue on the radar too.

Max 10.5

Going to put the old white tie in it, but now my interest is piqued with the Mitsubishi C6 Blue. Lin-Q blue on the radar too.
I need to find out more about the C6 shaft, it does sound interesting! The Tensei AV Blue 65 is working well for me, but I'm curious about a shaft in the 50g neighborhood, since they've worked well for me in the past.

I need to find out more about the C6 shaft, it does sound interesting! The Tensei AV Blue 65 is working well for me, but I'm curious about a shaft in the 50g neighborhood, since they've worked well for me in the past.
That sounds like another one for me to try. Guessing the shaft selector didn't include it for me due to cost.

That sounds like another one for me to try. Guessing the shaft selector didn't include it for me due to cost.
The AV Blue is one of the stock shafts for the Ai Smoke line, you could order it with that shaft.

as big as you are I'd figure you swinging a piece of rebar 💪💪💪

Yes... just updated my post... Triple D is a rocket launcher for me on the range.... loving the look and feel and the results... I know its only one range session, but I'm excited to see how this plays!
Nice! What kind of gains are you seeing? Any additional benefits to distance? Sounds like accuracy was on point?

Yes... just updated my post... Triple D is a rocket launcher for me on the range.... loving the look and feel and the results... I know its only one range session, but I'm excited to see how this plays!
Dude that is exciting! Can’t wait to see FIR % go up!!! Tell me about your best shot today!

Nice! What kind of gains are you seeing? Any additional benefits to distance? Sounds like accuracy was on point?
Yes, absolutely benefits to both distance and accuracy.... of the 35-40 driver shots I took at the range there were only 3 that fell outside my visual target which was probably 25 yards wide. I picked two distance markers in the middle of the range, the 250 stake and 275 stake which were staggered with the 250 directly in front of me and the 275 marker was right of the 250, I'm guessing about 20-25 yards across from each other. I literally but all but 3 inside those targets. The three misses were all heel fades but honestly weren't terrible. As for distance, I usually carry the ball about 235-240 and I was easily seeing 250 carry. The slightly lower trajectory with less spin is clearly working there. This was the first time hitting this puppy outside of the fitting and it didn't disappoint!

Dude that is exciting! Can’t wait to see FIR % go up!!! Tell me about your best shot today!
I'll be honest... I'm stunned with how accurate this thing was.... I'm a bit steep and when I'm going well I hit a soft fade.... none of that today... it was dead straight or a tight draw... 5-8 yards maybe and I just didn't miss.... even the shots that I heeled held their line (with exception of 2-3 push fades). First few shots the trajectory was lower than I expected and I was a bit worries.... like whoa... what the hell... I didn't think I was thinning the club but probably was... then just started finding the center of the club and boom, dead straight, tight draw, good launch good height. There were a couple retirees on the range at the time and we were mixing it up talking about the masters and Par 3 tourney.... I launched one, easily 265-270ish with a nice little draw and one of the guys asked me how old I was... I told him, then he asked if I was a local, I told him.. then asked if I carried a HC, I told him... then asked if I wanted to play in is club 4-man scramble... :ROFLMAO: He needed someone who could drive the ball.

That pretty much summed up the driver.... driver sounds great, looks amazing and it was going pretty well for an almost 58 year OLD man! Made me puff my chest out a bit :cool: .

I'll be honest... I'm stunned with how accurate this thing was.... I'm a bit steep and when I'm going well I hit a soft fade.... none of that today... it was dead straight or a tight draw... 5-8 yards maybe and I just didn't miss.... even the shots that I heeled held their line (with exception of 2-3 push fades). First few shots the trajectory was lower than I expected and I was a bit worries.... like whoa... what the hell... I didn't think I was thinning the club but probably was... then just started finding the center of the club and boom, dead straight, tight draw, good launch good height. There were a couple retirees on the range at the time and we were mixing it up talking about the masters and Par 3 tourney.... I launched one, easily 265-270ish with a nice little draw and one of the guys asked me how old I was... I told him, then he asked if I was a local, I told him.. then asked if I carried a HC, I told him... then asked if I wanted to play in is club 4-man scramble... :ROFLMAO: He needed someone who could drive the ball.

That pretty much summed up the driver.... driver sounds great, looks amazing and it was going pretty well for an almost 58 year OLD man! Made me puff my chest out a bit :cool: .

you must not have told him about the rest of your game then? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh he's going to be in for a treat

you must not have told him about the rest of your game then? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh he's going to be in for a treat
He said he needed someone who could drive the ball... He looked to be in late 60s prolly and was hitting his driver about 220 so anything longer than that was impressive to him... the rest of my game he didn't ask about so I didn't mention :cool:

Edit: and besides @golfinnut I've seen your game and I know your weaknesses.... 🌞🌞🌞;)

Oh heavens, that’s a weapon for you! How is the accuracy, dispersion for you at 9 degrees? I bet you are seeing some real penetrating ball flights

It’s crazy how straight this driver is even on mishits. The deflections they put in the face are true game changers. I’m seeing distances I’ve not seen in years either! Outside of accuracy, and distance, anything else really stand out for you? The sound for me Is just outstanding!

Back