I do find it kind of funny to listen to a bit of the posturing regarding Bronny James. Sometimes i wonder if writers are really that dumb, or if they just aren't allowed to talk about certain things without backlash from Klutch

Bronny coming out this year, when he's a projected 2nd round pick makes no sense.....unless of course

-The Lakers don't control their own firsts for a few years (checks out)
-The Lakers do control their own seconds (checks out)

This isn't rocket science.
He is averaging 5 points per game and doesn't start (as a freshman). Statistics aside, when you watch him there is absolutely nothing that even hints at NBA (eg, you don't see an incredible talent who, for example, is taking a back seat to a senior or who just isn't featured in the O scheme). If he had a different last name people would be asking about recruiting over him.

I think it is ludicrous that LeBron as a dad, would prioritize playing with his son over his son’s long term potential success in the NBA. LeBron seems to have been a pretty good dad, but this is ill conceived. I don’t know how many years LeBron has left. He is amazing, but the kid won’t be in the League any longer than LeBron, if he doesn’t improve. When LeBron retires, the kid will be cut, unless the premise is that he can improve at an equal rate in the NBA as he could in college. That wasn’t true historically, but maybe it is now.

I think there are different rules for Lebron. If the kid is absolutely horrible yes he'd get dropped. But if Klutch sports says "don't release him" he won't get released. There's 2 agencies that each control like 50% of the guys in the league. And Klutch doesn't really report to Lebron, but they kinda do.

Like, people found it weird that no one offered Austin Reaves a contract in free agency and the Lakers got him back at a price lower then anyone thought. This isn't a coincidence. Klutch likely told teams if they signed him , they'd steer all their guys away from there.

He is averaging 5 points per game and doesn't start (as a freshman). Statistics aside, when you watch him there is absolutely nothing that even hints at NBA (eg, you don't see an incredible talent who, for example, is taking a back seat to a senior or who just isn't featured in the O scheme). If he had a different last name people would be asking about recruiting over him.

I haven't watched him much, but i do think it was a dream for Lebron to play with him. And i don't think he really cares about a 2nd rounder. If he tells the Lakers to draft Bronny they will

Dean Wade appreciation post

I think it is ludicrous that LeBron as a dad, would prioritize playing with his son over his son’s long term potential success in the NBA. LeBron seems to have been a pretty good dad, but this is ill conceived. I don’t know how many years LeBron has left. He is amazing, but the kid won’t be in the League any longer than LeBron, if he doesn’t improve. When LeBron retires, the kid will be cut, unless the premise is that he can improve at an equal rate in the NBA as he could in college. That wasn’t true historically, but maybe it is now.
Honestly, his best chance of making it to the NBA is probably as a package deal with his dad. Probably not right or fair, but we see nepotism like this in the real world too. Once he makes it to the NBA or G-League he'll at least have more opportunities, especially while his dad is still there who will be motivated to help him develop.

Right now he can be drafted as a young, raw talent that just needs time. If he doesn't develop with more time in college, that draft stock goes away. It does sounds like he's looking for a team who is really interested and believes in him or he'll stay at USC.

NBA teams get 15 roster spots. The end of the roster are dead spots (mostly) anyways. LBJ is still so incredibly great that any number of teams would be willing to eat the 15th spot - especially at league minimum - to get him.

Honestly, his best chance of making it to the NBA is probably as a package deal with his dad. Probably not right or fair, but we see nepotism like this in the real world too. Once he makes it to the NBA or G-League he'll at least have more opportunities, especially while his dad is still there who will be motivated to help him develop.

Right now he can be drafted as a young, raw talent that just needs time. If he doesn't develop with more time in college, that draft stock goes away. It does sounds like he's looking for a team who is really interested and believes in him or he'll stay at USC.

If i had to bet i think Lakers draft him in 2nd round and he's on their roster for a couple of years (Lebron's last 1-2 years in NBA). This is also the best thing for Bronny.

If he goes back to school and gets picked 21st (let's say Lakers lose their pick next season) by the Blazers. There's no guarantee he ever really gets a shot.

Lebron can control the situation in LA. If he's on another team all Klutch can do is threaten teams to keep him on the roster, but they can't get coaches to play him

Steph Curry is so much fun. It’s hard to think about it being closer to the end than the beginning.

Steph Curry is so much fun. It’s hard to think about it being closer to the end than the beginning.
Warriors are still a fun team when everyone is healthy.

In a must win game the Lakers surged out to a 20 point lead in the 1st Q only to lose by 10. A 30 point swing in the last 3 quarters. Absolutely horrible.

It’s a total bummer that KAT is now out with a torn meniscus. T Wolves were already challenged to score enough points.

That Denver/Boston game was a fun watch. Denver sweeps Boston in the regular series. It will be a good Finals.

Every time I watch Jokic play in a big game, I come away thinking that he is far and away the most impactful player currently in the NBA. Embiid is such a good offensive player when healthy. Giannis plays with amazing force, having size and speed. Nobody can shoot like Curry.

However, none of these equals the total package that Jokic brings. Jokic is so freaking massive. The combination of his size and vast array of skills makes it impossible to game plan for him. He has an answer for whatever the defense throws at him in ways that nobody else can match, imo. This total package manifests itself in the big games, like the playoffs last year and in the game last night against the Celtics. It is tough to stop the Nuggets in the crunch time of big games. If a team can’t keep scoring wit the Nuggets, they lose. It is what happened to the Lakers in the conference finals last year and in the game a week ago. The Celtics lost a close one last night, when Tatum was average and Jokic controlled the game.

My money is on the Nuggets to win it all.

Last edited:
Really nice W over the bucks, especially without LBJ

Every time I watch Jokic play in a big game, I come away thinking that he is far and away the most impactful player currently in the NBA. Embiid is such a good offensive player when healthy. Giannis plays with amazing force, having size and speed. Nobody can shoot like Curry.

However, none of these equals the total package that Jokic brings. Jokic is so freaking massive. The combination of his size and vast array of skills makes it impossible to game plan for him. He has an answer for whatever the defense throws at him in ways that nobody else can match, imo. This total package manifests itself in the big games, like the playoffs last year and in the game last night against the Celtics. It is tough to stop the Nuggets in the crunch time of big games. If a team can’t keep scoring wit the Nuggets, they lose. It is what happened to the Lakers in the conference finals last year and in the game a week ago. The Celtics lost a close one last night, when Tatum was average and Jokic controlled the game.

Totally agree.

Those Ant heroics without KAT last night were pretty wild. That kid is electric.

Cavs appreciation post. Garland is really stepping up without Mitchell and Mobley in the lineup. Nice win over Minnesota

Cavs appreciation post. Garland is really stepping up without Mitchell and Mobley in the lineup. Nice win over Minnesota
And there was Rudy Gobert, giving the refs a money sign to earn a technical with 28 seconds left, allowing the Cavs to tie the game. That guy somehow finds his way into the most asinine controversies.

Cavs have done really well the entire season when missing key guys. Lots of credit to them.

I agree. Im a Celtic fan but they are chokers at crunch time especially Tatum. Dont like their coach either. Several teams in the West could beat them. Reg season also is essentially meaningless. Miami went to Finals last year an 8 seed

Boston's +/- is on par with the greatest teams of all time, like 2017 Warriors and 72-win Bulls. If they don't at least make the Finals it would be a massive choke job. They aren't just good , they are historically good. Even in the regular season that should mean something

That doesn't mean they'll be a favorite over Denver. But not making the finals would be embarrasing

Boston's +/- is on par with the greatest teams of all time, like 2017 Warriors and 72-win Bulls. If they don't at least make the Finals it would be a massive choke job. They aren't just good , they are historically good. Even in the regular season that should mean something

That doesn't mean they'll be a favorite over Denver. But not making the finals would be embarrasing
Yeah they should make the finals but like i said the West has several teams they could lose to. Thye have trouble in close games and closing teams out. Last week they blew a 22 point lead with 9 minutes to go! Many other examples too

Rudy Gobert fined $100K for dissing the refs. Man, that guy has no sense for when he is getting himself in trouble. He will always be remembered as the guy who shut down the NBA with the onset of COVID. He threw a punch at a teammate last year on the sidelines, right in the midst of fighting for playoff positioning. This latest incident… He is a walking misadventure.

spurs warriors game was unwatchable without Steph. Wemby is something to watch but the Spurs are basically an expansion team other than him.

My current rankings of top 5 teams most likely to win the championship:

1. Denver
2. Boston
3. (Tie) Milwaukee and the Clips
4. OKC

Tell me where I am wrong and why.

Back