Zebra Golf is Back!

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw this come across Instagram. Zebra golf is back. 4 shapes. Adjustable weights. Not crazy wild price point. I was intrigued enough to click the link, so they've got that going for them. What do you think?

I checked the link too. Price isn’t bad. The mallet brings back memories.

I got news about this a couple of weeks ago and think the designs look pretty good.
The insert sound/feel will be key as Zebra was pretty good decades ago.

That is the kicker. But from nostalgia, it hits the mark at a decent price.

I had a roll-face Zebra mallet (when Teardrop owned the brand) that I really liked, back in the day.

These are a good bit heavier than the Zebras from 20 years ago at 355g but if I understand their web site correctly you can order a pair of 10g weights to replace the stock ones and get it down to 345g. That's getting pretty reasonable. I think the one I had was in the 335-340g range.

I'm not really interested at this point, especially not at that ridiculous price, and I don't care for face inserts but it's good that there's a Zebra mallet option in the world again.

Never heard of them. Of course it may have been during my long layoff.

That mallet used to reside in a lot of bags. I never had one but they were very common back in the day. I think my brother still has a Ram Zebra in his basement.

i hope it comes with the zebra sock cover from years past.

What is that, some cast aluminum alloy, with weight ports and a steel face insert? Seems kind of pricey for less thaan ideal construction. I'll keep my milled M-Craft that was only 20% more expensive, thank you.

Coming in at 355g, I would doubt it is an aluminum alloy.

Love to see that Austie is involved. He is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet and knows putters.

Brings back Nick Price memories

glad to see it's not introduced at $349 👍🏻

Coming in at 355g, I would doubt it is an aluminum alloy.
Subtracting just the 15 gram weights and not the steel face it would only have to be around 100cc to be plain aluminum, an alloy of some denser metal would bring that volume down more.

I still have one of the original Ram Zebras from the early/mid eighties in my garage.It was my favorite putter for many years ,but it has been over 30 years since I have gamed it.I may try it this week just for giggles.

Good price. This is the one I would go with but the top is just too busy with all the lines for my eyes.

1667134266213.png

At one point that putter was one of the most played on earth. Good play at nostalgia here imo.

Never heard of them but they look nice and the price point is reasonable.

Of course every mallet is face balanced but the blade is not. I'm out.

Man I remember these. Uncle played one nostalgia for sure.

I rolled a Ram Zebra back in my youth days...these are interesting looking.

I used to have a Ram Zebra too. Very cool releases. I’d love to try a couple of them, the original Mallet and the #7 look.

I rolled a zebra mallet for many a year back in the day. Loved that thing.

Back