Your Super Bowl Treats

That's just the tip of the iceberg my friend. There are many more delicacies associated with our wonderful culture. You just have to know where to get it.

"Where to get it?" I've never been to a Filipino restaurant. Homemade Filipino food is best. My wife can make lumpia and pancit better than my sisters, and she's haole! Mom taught her how to make my two faves.

BogeyRuss and I are the only two other Flips I know on this forum. BR lived in San Diego and Hawaii so we have a few other things in common. I suspect he's a lot younger than I am though. I'm an old man.

For the SB, it's mostly finger foods for our small party. Weiner wraps, chips and clam dip, meatballs, pizza. Sadly, no lumpia.

"Where to get it?" I've never been to a Filipino restaurant. Homemade Filipino food is best. My wife can make lumpia and pancit better than my sisters, and she's haole! Mom taught her how to make my two faves.

BogeyRuss and I are the only two other Flips I know on this forum. BR lived in San Diego and Hawaii so we have a few other things in common. I suspect he's a lot younger than I am though. I'm an old man.

Well then that makes three here then. Yeah, Flip food is hard to come by. I think that's why restaurants don't do so well... we always feel like we can do it better at home. At least you're on the west side it's pretty scarce to even get ingredients south of the Mason Dixon.

you guys are making my mouth water.Haven't had Phillipino food for over a quarter century except for my tries at pancit

you guys are making my mouth water.Haven't had Phillipino food for over a quarter century except for my tries at pancit

Probably because you can't spell it correctly. :D

Filipino food isn't hard to make, but most of it does take a lot of prep work. Lots of chopping/slicing veggies and meat. Good amounts of salt is used too.

I'm getting hungry too.

Probably because you can't spell it correctly. :D

Filipino food isn't hard to make, but most of it does take a lot of prep work. Lots of chopping/slicing veggies and meat. Good amounts of salt is used too.

I'm getting hungry too.
weil i caint speil
But yes lots of prep..well worth it though

Ok, if anyone can cook and want to dabble in some of the PI's finest cuisines, try this website out. The food she cooks is not all Flip but the layout is good and simple for everyone to follow. Enjoy!

Pinoy Cook's home cooking rocks!

Working sunday but will be home by 2:30. Not going where but the front of my TV. Will make up some delicious Buffalo chicken dip along with some blue corn chips & eat until I explode.

My interest in football dropped off the map when Rogers fumbled against the Cardinals, but we'll watch the game. Probably lay out a big spread of raw carrots, celery, and sliced peppers. Ooh, and some cauliflower. Crunch it all right up.

Kevin

My interest in football dropped off the map when Rogers fumbled against the Cardinals, but we'll watch the game. Probably lay out a big spread of raw carrots, celery, and sliced peppers. Ooh, and some cauliflower. Crunch it all right up.

Kevin

Why not go crazy and add some jicama and daikon. That would really make it a party.

Why not go crazy and add some jicama and daikon. That would really make it a party.

I love jicama. Good idea. Maybe I'll make a slaw with some fake yogurt.

Kevin

Kevin

See - there are ways to make food that is lower in fat and calories taste good.

isn't that what ketchup is for?:D

For about a week. I may just eat a hundred shrimp.

Kevin

That's the real issue - quantity.

Well, these shrimp are on sale. It would be a shame to buy and eat only a few.

Kevin

Kevin

Jicama make good taco shells. Just slice them thin and make shrimp tacos.

Well, these shrimp are on sale. It would be a shame to buy and eat only a few.

Kevin

I have a suggestion - splurge on Sunday for the Super Bowl. Then go back to salad on Monday. It's all about trade-offs.

For about a week. I may just eat a hundred shrimp.

Kevin

Shrimp are low cal. Put enough horseradish in the seafood sauce and you won't want to eat anything else.

The Kid and Boo Girl specifically requested that the family have its own Superbowl party. I suspect that means seven layer dip and Buffalo wings for dinner.

We also have leftover (frozen) mini tacos and jalapeno poppers from last week's party, so it will be good nutrition all around.

I really gotta find some better friends...

It's a big deal if someone rolls out the queso. I'd invite folks to my house, but we'd have to sit on each others' laps (tiny living room)

I'll probably sit on the couch at the house here, and eat pumpkin seed crackers and hummus.

Love hummus.

The Kid and Boo Girl specifically requested that the family have its own Superbowl party. I suspect that means seven layer dip and Buffalo wings for dinner.

We also have leftover (frozen) mini tacos and jalapeno poppers from last week's party, so it will be good nutrition all around.

Everything sounds good Claire - except the wings.

Party #1: Flautas, chips/dip, pasta salad, more chips.
Party #2: I was so full from party #1 that I barely ate at party #2 which was Cioppino and bruscetta and burgers from the BBQ.

Back