Your first set of (purchased) Irons?

Wilson Killer Whales I believe with graphite shafts. Was about 25 years ago I believe although I can’t remember whatever happened to them.

The first new set of irons I bought came with a full set of Jazz Omni that I bought. Bought them and promptly statted chipping with them in the hotel room I was in on a work trip.

Tour edge xcg6 from deuce on this forum years ago

Bought a top-flite box set... I'm not big on buying used stuff when I don't know anything about it. Went from that to a used set of M2's, and then into my current set.

Wilson Fat Shafts

98’ PowerBilt GrandSlams
01’ Cleveland Quad blades 🤣 oops

I had a set of Hippo’s I bought from Play it Again Sports. They were pretty good. First brand new set I bought were Mizuno JPX 850 Forged.

These from some chain sporting goods store in maybe the late 1980's. I can't even remember what the woods looked like...they may have actually been wood.
698a61130ba04926d241f35857feb1ed.jpg

August 1998: King Cobra II O-size, "the kind with tiny nubs Just so my irons aren't always flying off the back-swing" :ROFLMAO:

1697673506099.png

1967 Wilson Staff Dynapower 3-PW

Taylormade M4 were my first ever.

Bride gave me a full set woods & irons for our wedding. Wilson Pro Staff OS. I think they were around $300. Played them a few years, not very well. Really light graphite shafts that were just awful for my quick, aggressive swing.
Found a set of Adams O/S irons 3i thru SW at Target Returns rack for $50. New in the wrappers and everything. Original sticker said $349. Decent steel shafts and good grips for the day. I played a lot of rounds with those. Upgraded drivers and fairways, added some real wedges and putters. Replaced those with TaylorMade Burners but never really got a long with them.

Ben Hogan Edge irons
IMG_0528.jpeg

Cleveland CG Red irons circa 2007

Screenshot_20231018_220326_Chrome.jpg

I bought 1-PW of these from my pro when he decided he didn’t hit them well enough.

1697681078388.jpeg

Adams Redline irons SW-5i, 4h-3h…great set. Hybrids had UST Mamiya ATTAS shafts in them.

Some really old Cleveland’s but I got some apex cf16 shortly after.

Spaulding Cannon 2’s

Attachments

• IMG_2393.png
    IMG_2393.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 5
Adams Redline irons SW-5i, 4h-3h…great set. Hybrids had UST Mamiya ATTAS shafts in them.
Those Redline irons were soooo good back when they came out.

My very first purchased set was a set of Big Bertha knock-offs in 1995, I think.

A couple of years later, I bought my first real set. Ram FX Oversize. I loved 'em and played them for years.

Ping Eye 2 black dots 5-SW with a B60 putter. I thought I was ballin...lol
Same. Still have them. I tried to hit them at the range about 6 months ago when I took these and put them on eBay. Not quite the same as my ZX4s.

IMG_6406.jpegIMG_6405.jpegIMG_6403.jpeg

Back