CONTEST Your Favorite: The 2022 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I had a Calloway Big Bertha driver! I remember when That was the New Thing in golf!!!

Heavenwood - I was TDY in DC in the early 90s. While playing one of the courses at Andrews AFB with a friend and a retired couple who joined us. We were on a par 5 and I was about 225 out. I hit my 2i and came up short. The retired guy handed me his heavenwood and said hit another, swing it like a 2i. I hit the best looking 225 shot I've seen to this day, long, high and soft landing. I was sold. Not long after bought one, own it to this day.

Obviously not an entry, way too long. I previously entered with my original Epic driver.

Since this has dropped I'm bumping with my second favorite Callaway of all time. This is an oldy, but I kept it in my bag for 16 years because I loved it so much. The RCH 96 shaft in a firm flex just worked for me. I loved this club.

download (7).jpeg

Sounds like I need to look into a UW to replace my V-Series Heavenwood.
So many favorites in here!

V Series Heavenwood. Easiest fairway I have ever hit. I have had every version in my bag

If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2022 edition is coming and we have the captain, assistant captain and five teammates, but need a full team of 12 THPers. This is a brand new contest and you could join them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

View attachment 9097903

The Prize
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at an amazing venue
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
Today we are talking about Callaway equipment and your bag. We do a lot on equipment here and the gear at each Grandaddy is important. Learning about it from the people that design it, bring it to market and having it in your hands during fittings and even play on the course before it hits stores is special.

Qualifying
You must be a 2022 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to hear about your favorite Callaway equipment you have ever had in your bag. No matter the piece or set, whatever your favorite ever was, we want to hear about it. If you haven't played Callaway before, while unique, thats okay too. Which is the one piece over the years that you were dying to own and why?

You have 20 words or less, but tell us about your favorite Callaway equipment ever. Don't be funny or make it rhyme or clever. Its about lunatic fringe and how you would describe it to us.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until the end of this week (Saturday)

Then sit back and see if you win the greatest prize possible for a golfer. A ticket punched to the Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

Good luck everybody.
My first SW ever. Big Bertha Tour Series made me want to AIM for the bunkers just to use it!

I've been thinking about it a little bit and it's hard to decide which has been my favorite.
MD5 wedges?

i really need to try some Callaway wedges!

816 3 wood. Still the best fairway Ive ever owned and a monster from the tee or off the deck

Can't kick this one out of my bag. Keep trying, keeps going back in.

If memory serves I've never gamed a Callaway product.

However, I really want to try a Mack Daddy 56/14 as a replacement sand wedge.

My Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One putter kicked out my 2018 Scotty Newport. The WH insert is butter and the feeling is intoxicating.

If you aren't in you are running out of time, get in now!!!

Time is probably running out, so get those last-minute entries in. And boy is there some great entries in this thread.

Entry:

Apex Utility Wood is the ultimate tweener that only fellow lunatics would finally realize we needed. Does it all, well!

This will run through the weekend for any last minute entries. Winner will be announced Tuesday!

This will run through the weekend for any last minute entries. Winner will be announced Tuesday!

Excellent a new team member soon! Get those entries in

I have to confess the fact that there aren't over 1k entries for an opportunity like this is amazing. Of course I'm not gonna complain because that just means better odds 😆

official entry:

Callaway has always been a leader, never a follower. My personal pick is Apex Dot irons. Senior City Championship irons.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Love going back though all these favorites and mentally saying , "oh yes, i remember that one...."

Entry: The original Apex irons changed my game. Incredible forged irons that could be played by handicap levels other manufacturers ignored.

Back