Your favorite golf resort

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
Which one have you been to and been completely blown away. Anything specific? Perfect guys get away, the courses offered, pricing, etc.

CAN NOT BE NAMED THE HIDEAWAY

The Legends Resort at Myrtle Beach was an awesome time!!!

True Blue/Caledonia was pretty nice, but Callaway Gardens was pretty sweet too.

Your favorite golf resort

Lajitas Resort in Lajitas, Texas. You start off with a charted flight where the 1st drink is served before you take off, luggage in your room before you're done checking in, clubs loaded on the cart before they pick you up at your room.
The whole experience was so awesome. Great views, worth every penny we spent.

f5c21d193774dfdacb2cda9723b7be5e.jpg

c09c575eb9e3e8a9a0a90a870c38d9de.jpg

828d687d667fcf58823a2fd90d680b58.jpg

02e7f56d930f0a78331325a6dcd010b0.jpg

ad1bddb762c6dace795280c6f766374e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Off the top of my head Reunion.

Haven't been to too many but I really like Copper Point in inveremere BC. Great course and beautiful rooms also a bunch of other really good courses in that area.

Partial to destination Kohler. Everything I want in a resort.

Haven't been to many, but Marina Inn Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach was nice. Good resort, lots of courses to pick from.

Haven't been to many, but Marina Inn Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach was nice. Good resort, lots of courses to pick from.

Always wanted to stay there. Closest I got was the Ruth's Chris steakhouse next door. Grande dunes across the waterway is a nice track too.

Partial to destination Kohler. Everything I want in a resort.

I haven't been to many, but Kohler would be high on the list.

Always wanted to stay there. Closest I got was the Ruth's Chris steakhouse next door. Grande dunes across the waterway is a nice track too.

I played that one last year. A couple really nice holes along the water.

Talked a lot about PGA National this past weekend, so I'll go with that one.

PGA National will always be special to me.
Reunion is really good too, except you have to drive to the Nicklaus Course.
Grand Cypress if you get a crew in the villas is fantastic
I'll give La Costa a nod too as they have practically everything you would ever want on property.

Sea island hands down. Evening bagpiper on the putting green, men's locker room with a full bar, cigar room and restaurant, and 3 fantastic courses. Right on the water too, really hard to beat.

Bandon Dunes. All Golf All the Time20130422_142903331_iOS.jpg
395da788d902c2d2bfb0a1d9565d0a9c.jpg
5aa41e3cec434f5d2bdbf9c027e375fe.jpg
240f3d4192b4cd19f01ec4c87a31417f.jpg

Of the Resorts I've actually been to I would say TB and Caledonia, Mission Hills, or Predator Ridge.

I give the nod to Predator Ridge because it's just ludicrously good. Hardly affordable, but amazing.

No better resort than Bandon Dunes. Four of the best courses in the world at one location.

Pinehurst

Hammock Beach
PGA National

For many different reasons.
FWIW, the Hideaway is not a golf resort, it is a private club.

Hmm tough one.

Hammock Beach and Reunion are both awesome.

Pinehurst is Pinehurst but the accommodations are not really my style so I knock that down a bit even though I love some of the courses.

PGA National

Dismal River. I don't know if it qualifies as a resort, but it's destination golf and is a real special place.

Pebble Beach, 2 fantastic courses, 1 pretty darn good course and close proximity to 2 reciprocal courses. Facilities are great, food and drinks are great and it's fun to to leave 105 degree's in Texas in August to hang out in 65 degree weather for a week.

Right now Streamsong is my favorite. 2 great golf courses, a really good caddie program, good restaurants, a great spa. Will only get better with the 3rd course opening this fall.

Back