Do you have trick to keeping your wheels from turning blackish between washes? Wax them?

Tapatalkin

Wash them as regular. Then use a sealant on them. Part of it will depend on your wheels' finish, but most are painted metal, so a sealant (synthetic wax) works very well. While it will never keep brake dust off of wheels, it does help some and makes it far easier to clean them each wash. My wheel steps are pretty easy.

Magic Eraser all dirt off. Wipe with a quick detailer to make sure completely clean. Quick step of putting sealant on each wheel. Wipe off.

Wash them as regular. Then use a sealant on them. Part of it will depend on your wheels' finish, but most are painted metal, so a sealant (synthetic wax) works very well. While it will never keep brake dust off of wheels, it does help some and makes it far easier to clean them each wash. My wheel steps are pretty easy.

Magic Eraser all dirt off. Wipe with a quick detailer to make sure completely clean. Quick step of putting sealant on each wheel. Wipe off.

I will try that. They are painted alloy wheels.

Tapatalkin

2009 Honda Civic Type R. Had it for 18 months and loving it.

We have an '02 BMW 325i (the fiance's daily drive), I have an old 1985 Jaguar XJ6 which sometimes likes to run but mostly sits in the garage but my Daily 'drive' is a Yamaha XT660Z Tenere motorbike. Motorcycles are the other great passion in my life and I could never stand to have to drive a car to work every day.

Before I had a child.... I had a CLK 55 AMG a corvette and a race car now I have a work truck and the wife is in a minivan the things you'll do for your family. I never thought I'd own a minivan...lol

Before I had a child.... I had a CLK 55 AMG a corvette and a race car now I have a work truck and the wife is in a minivan the things you'll do for your family. I never thought I'd own a minivan...lol

hahah, we have a minivan now and I love that thing. Couldn't imagine toating the kids and dog around without it at this point.

Curt, I am jealous as heck of the AMG!

hahah, we have a minivan now and I love that thing. Couldn't imagine toating the kids and dog around without it at this point.
I have to say I love my minivan to, it's great for hauling the family around... My second son was born today at 12:27 pm so we definitely need the van now!

Curt, I am jealous as heck of the AMG!
Thanks! I loved that car and put a lot of work into it to make it perform the way I thought an AMG should perform and I wish I still had it... Maybe in a few years I'll be able to get my dream AMG the CL65... Fingers crossed lol

If I dont see pictures then you dont have it. Where's the car pron?

I do have pics on my phone but can't figure how to post them from the phone... I will be leaving the hospital soon I'll post a few when I get home.

I do have pics on my phone but can't figure how to post them from the phone... I will be leaving the hospital soon I'll post a few when I get home.

No worries man, congrats on the new baby! If you ever get out for golf again, haha, we have a few people in the area that get together.

No worries man, congrats on the new baby! If you ever get out for golf again, haha, we have a few people in the area that get together.

Thank you very much! I'll definitely be making time for golf next year! I'm looking forword to getting a few rounds in with some of the local members.

1994 Acura Integra.... 304000+ miles on it still drive it everyday... Love this car....

'96 BMW 318is commuter
'02 F150 tow vehicle
'86 BMW 325 track beater- 24 of lemons

Man, I have old cars.

Cars are my second passion.

I finally made it home... here are a few pics the last pic makes most people shake thier head and ask if I'm crazy:silly: I took the motor out to make a set of custom headers.
benz.jpg
[/IMG]
benz2.jpg
[/IMG]
benz3.jpg
[/IMG]

2012 Volvo C30 in ice white. Fun little turbo. Got rid of my 07 ram 1500 big horn. daily commute was killing me.

I picked up a BMW 535i about a month ago. I had a truck before and decided to go back to a car. I love it. It has the sporty feel and still has plenty of room for the car seat in the back. I don't miss my truck a bit right now.

f3a79ad2.jpg
[/IMG]

Maybe in a few years I'll be able to get my dream AMG the CL65... Fingers crossed lol

There's one sitting outside my window right now. Unfortunately, it's my office window and it belongs to the owner of the company.

You may choose ;-)

Fiat 500 TwinAir (it's a 900cc 2 cilinder turbo engine, 85bhp :) , chiptuning is planned to be done, will result in 95 bhp ;) )
Seat Leon Topsport V6 4-motion (same engine as the VW Golf/Jetta VR6)
(Rover) Mini Cooper 1.3 mpi 40th Anniversary edition (1275cc fitted with a multipoint injection, around 75 bhp (did modify a few things ;) ))

'11 Ford Edge (great car) and an '04 Ford F150 Crewcab (looking to get a smaller, mid sized truck)....Feel kind of left out with all the posts about Volvos, BMWs, Mercedes and Corvettes....

Back