Xcaliber Legacy Driver Shafts

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Lately it is the Rapid Taper that has been in the spotlight for Xcaliber Golf, which makes sense since the driver is where their founder, Robin Arthur, made his name. So, with two different lineups, they are seeking to keep it simple while also providing a plethora of weight options and profiles. One of those two is the Legacy, and we were able to get all three weight options in hand for a closer look.

Continue reading...

This is an interesting take on shafts from the company. Great writeup btw! Crazy that the differrent weights for you were only a couple 100ish RPM difference. That being said, I used to think or was in a low/low shaft and now I'm in a mid launch/mid to low spin shaft now and it works a lot better. Some of that could be my swing changes, BUT just crazy as I think back I probably would have been fine in that profile for a long time. Great to see more options for golfers.

Pricepoint is great too and I really like the orange really.

Wow, great price point on those. I might consider the 60R for my FWs.

Man, makes me want to try. Love the colorway to it.

I loved the rapid taper shaft in the irons. I may have to try one of these out, possibly in the fairway. Oh heck ... why not both? ;)

I am kind of digging what I am reading. I have not tried this yet, but I like what I see and it looks good.

• Staff
This is an interesting take on shafts from the company. Great writeup btw! Crazy that the differrent weights for you were only a couple 100ish RPM difference. That being said, I used to think or was in a low/low shaft and now I'm in a mid launch/mid to low spin shaft now and it works a lot better. Some of that could be my swing changes, BUT just crazy as I think back I probably would have been fine in that profile for a long time. Great to see more options for golfers.
It’s honestly about what I expected. I think when it comes to shafts people always anticipate a TON of spin movement. While that can occasionally happen, it’s usually way more nuanced and minor than that. The ball and clubhead itself make the biggest difference in spin, always.

Oh NO!!! Out of Stock :banghead:

1713957280967.png

Are you serious Clark?

Thanks @Jman for getting us all interested in trying these & then they are all sold out. :ROFLMAO:

1713957489685.png

Enjoyed reading that James. I think these sound like something I could be very interested in. Profiles and weights match what I typically look for and the price is very attractive.

I love that your doing the Xcaliber reviews now. I think it is one of the best buys in terms of value that exist, I hope they can get to a place where they are big enough to be offered as OEM graphite selection for some of the bigger OEM brands out there.

I love that your doing the Xcaliber reviews now. I think it is one of the best buys in terms of value that exist, I hope they can get to a place where they are big enough to be offered as OEM graphite selection for some of the bigger OEM brands out there.
It’s not a new thing my guy, we have reviews their last several lines of shafts going back a few years now.

It’s not a new thing my guy, we have reviews their last several lines of shafts going back a few years now.
That's fair, I just feel like there has been an influx of them lately. I know you did the Rapid Tapers a while back, your review is what put me on to them.

That's fair, I just feel like there has been an influx of them lately. I know you did the Rapid Tapers a while back, your review is what put me on to them.
Yeah, their previous line of wood shafts were really good too, ion plating looked badass, but I believe that presented a cost hurdle they’ve moved from. These lines look more simple, but for the price that definitely works.

Yeah, their previous line of wood shafts were really good too, ion plating looked badass, but I believe that presented a cost hurdle they’ve moved from. These lines look more simple, but for the price that definitely works.
I without a doubt stand by my statement of them as a value buy, and no one has ever heard of them. I get asked about them quite a bit because I have the black ones that were just completely label less before they changed the label from that god awful first rendition they had (Sorry, xcaliber, but it was a terrible graphic), and I've yet to have a single person be like "Oh, I know them!"

Everyone just looks at me like, "Oh you got some cheap knock off shaft...got ya."

I without a doubt stand by my statement of them as a value buy, and no one has ever heard of them. I get asked about them quite a bit because I have the black ones that were just completely label less before they changed the label from that god awful first rendition they had (Sorry, xcaliber, but it was a terrible graphic), and I've yet to have a single person be like "Oh, I know them!"

Everyone just looks at me like, "Oh you got some cheap knock off shaft...got ya."
I got the same reaction when I used the rapid tapers as well. "Where did you get those knock offs from? Never heard of them."

I hope you get a Phoenix in hand, I'm very interested in those. Robin Arthur's write up on this on his site definitely goes right at the throat of overpriced Driver shafts, so I'm really curious to see a review on those, some big claims for sure in the marketing.

I hope you get a Phoenix in hand, I'm very interested in those. Robin Arthur's write up on this on his site definitely goes right at the throat of overpriced Driver shafts, so I'm really curious to see a review on those, some big claims for sure in the marketing.
Bold words are bold words. Performance is what does, or doesn’t, talk.

The full Phoenix review is coming. I worked with 6 different driver shafts in the Phoenix line for it.

Enjoyed reading that James. I think these sound like something I could be very interested in. Profiles and weights match what I typically look for and the price is very attractive.
Thank ya!

Yeah, the price point is clearly quite attractive, especially for those that like to tinker.

Enjoyed the read @Jman . Price point is definitely not a deterrent to giving them a whirl and I like the fact that you can request some help in figuring out what would work best for you on their site. (obviously not the same as an actual fitting, but better than some others)

Graphics aren't terrible, simple yes but the orange isn't hateful.

The price point and options definitely make me want to try a couple and would love to get my dad to try something higher launching and spinning.

I want to share my experience of successfully recovering my lost Digital currency. A while back, I faced a situation where I lost access to my Bitcoin wallet and thought all was lost. However, with persistence and the right approach, I was able to recover my precious digital assets.

The first step I took was to remain calm and not panic. I carefully retraced my steps to identify the possible reasons for losing access to my Bitcoin wallet. I realized that I had misplaced the recovery seed phrase that was essential for restoring access to my wallet.

I immediately contacted a reputable cryptocurrency recovery service specializing in helping individuals regain access to lost wallets. The experts at the recovery service guided me through the process of providing information about my wallet and the circumstances surrounding the loss of access.

With their expertise and advanced tools, SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALST was able to recover my lost Bitcoin by reconstructing my wallet using the information I provided. Seeing my digital assets restored was a relief, and I learned the importance of securely storing recovery seed phrases and keeping backups of important wallet information.

I am grateful for the professionalism and efficiency of (talk2us@sacluxcomptechspecialst.com) who helped me through this challenging situation. I now have access to my Bitcoin again and can continue managing my investments securely.

If you find yourself in a similar situation of losing access to your Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, I highly recommend seeking the assistance of a Saclux Comptech Specialst. With the right approach and expert help, it is possible to recover lost digital assets and regain control of your funds."

Hey Everyone. I just got back from a needed vacation in Costa Rica....no phones, computer and especially ZERO news!! First of all my thanks to JMan as always for being truthful and esp for his candor! And to everyone else who has chimed in! I want everyone to know that after my days at Grafalloy I was approached by Golfworks to create my own shaft line and agreed to do so ONLY if we told the truth about shaft performance vs cost....and inform the buying public of all the BS that's out there while pricing my designs fairly. Even then I was tired of all the BS out there in all aspects of golf equipment. While working at General Dynamics and becoming a Chief of Eng., I was responsible for all their composite structures I had to learn not only composure design and manufacturing, but also how these airplane and space capsule structures responded to all types of stress loads - ballistics, max loads etc etc. That's when I learned the practicality of EI curves (a very detailed measurement of the distribution of strength which I brought into the industry while working with Callaway and my ProLite designs. That of course morphed into a simpler way of measuring stiffness distribution by using zone frequencies - which are mathematically equivalent to EI curses regardless of what some say in this industry. Understand that the distribution of mechanical properties - strength (stiffness), weight and resistance to twisting (the industry's MUCH over-hyped with ZERO standard of testing and least understood torque) - is the bottom line in performance! SO yup, my shafts are priced maybe too fairly and I guess I need to raise my pricing when I release the 3 woods, new fairways and hybrids) I have in-work (inc a new Rapid Tape Wood design which is player-testing out great...). But I simply cannot price any of my designs at $350 KNOWING that shaft cost that company around $25-30 to build. Just can't do it... I could give anyone who's interested a graph representing the stiffness distribution of a compet's $350 shaft vs say my Phoenix 6-S designs at $135....but this thread doesn't allow me to insert a graph. Let me just say the graphs are identical....SO does the magic fairy-dust really give one shaft a huge performance advantage over the other? Hardly... So if anyone would like to see a few graphs of my designs vs some of the high-priced ones, just let me know at Robin@xcalibershafts.com. Thanks again to JMan and everyone who's ever supported my little boutique shaft co.
RA

Back