Would you play this new golf ball with these numbers? *2024 ball ponders*

Spin definitely seems on the low side. But, that's based on my preferences for my game. As long as you don't lose any front/back dispersion and the numbers don't jump all over the place, you do you haha. If I were testing a ball and saw that low of spin, I would probably discount it pretty early on.

Curious to see what it does with a wedge or a driver though.

I’d glad take those numbers, wouldn’t mind a little more spin form a 7 iron
Is there a number you look for with yours?

That's part of what I'm asking. New stuff is coming and we all have numbers in our heads. Hopes. Expectations..

They look good but in relation to what? What were your #'s with your current gamer?
I would also want to test against other New balls that you said were coming.

So yes I would use that ball if it tested the best but taking 1 random hit and making a decision is probably not the best way to fit a ball,
IMHO

Spin definitely seems on the low side. But, that's based on my preferences for my game. As long as you don't lose any front/back dispersion and the numbers don't jump all over the place, you do you haha. If I were testing a ball and saw that low of spin, I would probably discount it pretty early on.

Curious to see what it does with a wedge or a driver though.
I had just finished the wedge there and it was just a little less than my norm too. Maybe 300.

They look good but in relation to what? What were your #'s with your current gamer?
I would also want to test against other New balls that you said were coming.

So yes I would use that ball if it tested the best but taking 1 random hit and making a decision is probably not the best way to fit a ball,
IMHO
Like I mentioned I normally aim for 58-5900 on a similar delivery and launch. On a low day maybe 5600, but can drop down to 5400 maybe on a shot like that with mine indoors sometimes.

Given the height and landing angle, it could probably work for you.

I'm not sure what my swing would produce. When I demo'd the Cobra irons back in the Spring, my 7i ball speed was in the 117-120 range and spin was more or less 5K with a ProV1 practice ball. Landing angle was in the 43* neighborhood and height was 85-90ish. I went 2* weak on my irons so that would impact it some.

Is it really the ball? Let me have a whack at that ball and I could probably displace those rumors!

Given the height and landing angle, it could probably work for you.

I'm not sure what my swing would produce. When I demo'd the Cobra irons back in the Spring, my 7i ball speed was in the 117-120 range and spin was more or less 5K with a ProV1 practice ball. Landing angle was in the 43* neighborhood and height was 85-90ish. I went 2* weak on my irons so that would impact it some.
So on is face the numbers definitely wouldn't deter you if you liked the feel and maybe saw good efficiency then?

I had just finished the wedge there and it was just a little less than my norm too. Maybe 300.
So, then the question is, what are you gaining compared to what you currently play? More height? Speed? Just better feel?

So, then the question is, what are you gaining compared to what you currently play? More height? Speed? Just better feel?
Without being too specific they're on a feels and speed improvement trajectory lately with golf balls, so assume that.

So on is face the numbers definitely wouldn't deter you if you liked the feel and maybe saw good efficiency then?
Maybe. I'd have to see how it performed. I don't know what my #s are with the current setup. I meant to do that before the MC but one thing or another hit the fan and it didn't happen. I need to get in a few days of playing or hitting balls then get on the Trackman at the golf bar.

Ideally, I would want more spin. Whether my swing as it is can produce it is another story.

the spin is slightly lower. okay. did the distance change? what about height and descent angle? because those three all look perty nice.
if you're getting better apex and descent without giving up distance, you might be able to give up some spin.

the spin is slightly lower. okay. did the distance change? what about height and descent angle? because those three all look perty nice.
if you're getting better apex and descent, you might be able to give up some spin.
Those numbers right at the end for height and descent aren't far from typical for me. I don't really worry about descent on monitor other than driver though really.

Those numbers right at the end for height and descent aren't far from typical for me.
so that's a higher launching, lower spinning ball.
seems good for a 7-iron, but you're not hurting for distance. will you miss that spin on a 90-yard wedge?

Why descent with driver only? Doesn't it matter more with approach?
Yeah this is a thing that some don't love and people ask me about everyday as you can imagine. On a quad you can get very similar "descent angles" with very different balls. You're a Titleist guy so let's say AVX and left dash. Because it's a calculated descent based on the speed launch and spins. It's generic math. Not ball specific. Those two balls fly very differently though in reality. Aero packages determine a good portion of flight and those fly differently and descend very differently at different parts of the bag for most of people.

I talk about it a lot with fitters too. It's handy in that generic way. It's a usefulI tool in a bay. It can help explain something in an easy way, and can help sell someone. I pay attention to it and mention it more when someone can't spin things for whatever reason either way and are going to depend on a good into the turf trajectory to stop their ball. For me, I don't give a **** what it says my descent angle for a not-my-ball algorithm, not in the turf, and not in any wind, says because I know it can be wildly inaccurate. I don't have trouble stopping the ball anyway. I do pay a rough attention to the calculated number with driver because to maximize distance here you need to come in at a certain landing angle.

Back