Would this stop you from playing?

It is at Bandon then you play. Can you even say you played Bandon if you didn't have to deal with wind or rain or both?

I am making my 6th trip this weekend and I am packing all the rain gear.

He's at Bandon.
Knowing that it's at Bandon in April I would have expected this kind of weather and packed accordingly. It would suck but I'm playing since I probably would have had to book the trip a year out just to get tee times.

He's at Bandon.
Yeeeep bring the waterproofs and the base layers, gonna be a damp one.

I’ve played in 30-40’s and rain. It’s not ideal, but you can find ways to make it fun.

How does the ball fly in 40mph wind? come right back at you?
Nah, but you do need to play it along the ground alot more cause it ain’t goin anywhere in the air. Basically a 200yd club is going like 120 or less if you get airborne

Rain does not bother me, the wind and rain may be a game changer though.

I have rain gear. If this is during a golf trip that I traveled hours to, I am playing. Embrace the slop. If it is a regular weekend round, I'd skip.

It's the wind/rain combo that sucks. Rain that goes straight down is usually ok to play in.

Its Raining GIF by Family Guy

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

I mean yes, it would stop me from playing. :LOL:

Isn't that pretty much normal weather for Bandon? :ROFLMAO:

I'm with the club that says play if on a special trip, pass otherwise. Bandon is a long ways, hard to get to, and expensive to stay & play at - taking a rain check involves a lot more time and money than just saying "we'll come back next week".

I don't mind cold, windy, or rainy separately, but combine 2+ of those and I am likely reconsidering if it is just a normal round.

Just for reference

1714060092907.png

My 36 hole day is Tuesday so hopefully this stays for me. Sunday is just the Preserve and Wed is a morning Best Ball round on Pac Dunes.

1714060168103.png

Course camera now. That wind is whipping. lol

1714060380591.png

I'm out. I'd deal with the rain OR the wind but not both. There's other days in the year to golf.

Regular course, regularly scheduled game? Pass.

Special event, special course (eg, Bandon)? Play.

Agree with others here, if it's a special trip then i'm playing. Usual courses i'm taking a rain check.
Me too! Golf trip I'll play. Otherwise, no chance I'm enduring that

Yes, weather like that is the perfect trifecta of rain, wind, and cold. I would probably not even get out of the bed.

Looks like normal British golfing weather - what's the problem? If we didn't play in that, might not play often :)

I agree with the others. Once in a lifetime chance and I'd play. If it's something I could do at anytime there's no chance I play.

When I still played softball we would play in snowball tournaments every year. I always wanted cold for those. Once it warmed up then everything was a muddy mess.

Vouchers for me

Cold, windy, and wet...........that equals miserable

That temp with that wind and rain is a miserable combo but I’d have to make the decision based on how good my rain gear is and what it took to get where I am supposed to be playing.

I’ve got a round with @kiwichris and @J4U on Saturday. High temp in the 40’s, 90% chance of rain, and up to 25 mph winds. We’ll still have fun! ☔

Back