Winter Plan of Attack, Do You Have One?

Great post and the last part is mostly what I am aiming at. P90x sounds pretty cool and many here have done it or are in the process, I'm just not crazy about kicking my own arse every day, lol. If I can get myself half way back to a stud then I'll consider going the rest of the way.

I know more people who have started P90x, and quit, than started it and stuck with it.

I know more people who have started P90x, and quit, than started it and stuck with it.

Same. As many people that say it works for them, there seem to be 2 more that have quit it. It's really helpful for a lot of people, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Great point, I could see myself doing that. But beyond the physical, I would like to find some slow-mo training video's that work on position at different parts of the swing. I've seen some, but not sure now where. Grooving my positions over the winter and taking that to the indoor screen should help prepare me, might even get rid of this OTT swing.

Let me work on this this. I'm not a personal trainer or anything but i was going to do things this way prior to going back to the gym. the whirlpool is just too handy and difficult to pass up.

Alex

That would be really awesome.

While P90x might work for some people, you do not need an extreme workout to get in shape and lose weight. It is a good way to get in shape but over the long term you need to watch your diet and stay active. When I was at my best I was doing a combo of cardio and lifting 4-5 times a week and most importantly not eating crap. I try to adhere to a diet mostly free of animal products and it really helps, which also is a diet mostly free of any fat and I watched the weight come off. I ate like crap over the thanksgiving holiday (the entire week) and gained 3.5 pounds. At my heaviest I was 240 and now I am in between 195-200 and it is amazing how much easier it is to swing a club.

I agree with watching what you eat. I tracked everything that I consumed over a three-week period. My trainer has a degree in exercise science with a minor in nutrition. After tracking everything she did an analysis and discovered a few interesting things. I had cut my calories too low, fat and protein were too low and carbohydrates where way to high. After making some adjustments along with an exercise program, I lost 40 lbs. Now I must admit since then, I gain some back because I cheat on my diet and don’t work out much during the summer.

I agree with watching what you eat. I tracked everything that I consumed over a three-week period. My trainer has a degree in exercise science with a minor in nutrition. After tracking everything she did an analysis and discovered a few interesting things. I had cut my calories too low, fat and protein were too low and carbohydrates where way to high. After making some adjustments along with an exercise program, I lost 40 lbs. Now I must admit since then, I gain some back because I cheat on my diet and don’t work out much during the summer.

I don't think there is anything wrong with cheating, if you like something you should eat it, but it is just a matter of not eating junk every day.

Thousands of putts. I am 100% committed to making the same putting stroke on every green next year.

Well I'm now going to change things up a little for the rest of the "off" season. I'm going to keep working on the full swing change, but my short game needs a lot of work after today. Some of today was rust, but I also need to spend a lot more time around the practice green.

My winter is all gonna depend on this Morgan Cup selection....I might just quit my job to play golf everyday if I get in.

Back