Wilson Staff D9 Forged irons

Very interesting insight. With so many other product lines maybe they are spread thin??

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
It's a pretty small part of things overall for them, so I think this small part of that small part just isn't a huge concern for them.

Anyone put together some good rounds together with these? Not a fan of hollow irons but these have me curious

Anyone put together some good rounds together with these? Not a fan of hollow irons but these have me curious

these are cavity backs and i love them. stronger lofts have them a good club and a half longer. buttery forged goodness. i need to have mine re-shafted into recoils to match what i play in my zx7's

For some reason I felt like there were hollow.

For some reason I felt like there were hollow.

i can see why...since they already have the CB's, i know I would think the next set "below" would be hollow bodies

this was a 7i tee shot before...the bunker shot didn't go so well but that's another story

Capture.JPG

Very interesting insight. With so many other product lines maybe they are spread thin??

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
No, they have separate golf reps. I’ve met a couple on the road.

i've got more than a few rounds in with these now and am confident saying that these are keepers. i get a little higher launch in addition to the distance. they are really forgiving...turf interaction has been a non-issue playing out of the rough (not that heavy, i might add, tho). i'm not getting rid of my ZX7's but these will stay in the bag for a while longer. since i have this thing about single clubs, i need to find a callaway utility iron to put in the bag since wilson doesn't have LH UI's and i feel weird looking at the U85 by itself in the bag. :rolleyes:

These are on sale for $500, very tempting as they seem perfect.

these are cavity backs and i love them. stronger lofts have them a good club and a half longer. buttery forged goodness. i need to have mine re-shafted into recoils to match what i play in my zx7's
I have zx7s are these D9Fs an upgrade?

I don't know that I'd say upgrade but they are a bit more forgiving.
Only because D9F are on sale anyone do h2h?

I am constantly amazed at the results of the D9 forged when I hit it on the toe or near the heel. The biggest sign I have that I've really made a bad swing is that I push the ball far right related to a partial heel strike or sometimes a big hook related to a toe strike. Distance drops maybe 15%. I don't think I have given up any forgivness vs my cast irons of the past and sometimes I do hit them together.

What like about the D9 is the feel and low offset. Allows me to have confidence hitting a very low 8i from say 80 yards and letting it chase up on the green. I have given no consideration to other irons since I got these. they allow me to hack a times and to achieve great shots at times.

Last edited:
I played in 16mph winds today on a tree laiden course. Two times I needed to power fade to slice a ball around a tree and could not do it. Wide open face and open stance and I hit the ball straight. This might be a downside to highly forgiving irons

Back