Wilson Staff D9 Forged irons

The Dave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have seen these mentioned a few times across different locations. Must mean embargo is coming up. Any idea on when these will be officially released?

I saw a picture of them some where. it is a good looking club.

I saw a picture of them some where. it is a good looking club.
I agree a good looking club. Their previous C300 and D7 Forged weren't bad either. I've said it in other threads, Wilson could use some wins in their new product launches

I gamed the D7's prior to Morgan Cup clubs last year. Loved them.

Wilson could use advertising wins... and some quality control in their web presence... and some critical thinking too.:ROFLMAO:

I want to say I had seen someplace that April was when they'd be officially announced/released... maybe? Who knows. 🤷‍♂️

I agree a good looking club. Their previous C300 and D7 Forged weren't bad either. I've said it in other threads, Wilson could use some wins in their new product launches
The quality of their product isn’t the issue, it’s the marketing and messaging they put around those products

Looks remind me a lot of JPX Hot Metal but I'm not complaining. Very clean and sharp looking. I don't have anywhere close to the game to play those, but I wish I did.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Cleveland Launcher XL Halo irons. But when I saw These D9 Forged irons the 1st time I started Jonesing for a set. Yesterday I received them, 6 thru PW with senior graphite shafts and midsize grips. As we've all said, they are BEAUTIFUL. Going to the range today and playing them tomorrow.

4 12 22 D9 forged a.jpg

4 12 22 D9 forged b.jpg

4 12 22 D9 forged c.jpg

4 12 22 D9 forged d.jpg

4 12 22 D9 forged e.jpg

For those gaming these, got any good updates?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Cleveland Launcher XL Halo irons. But when I saw These D9 Forged irons the 1st time I started Jonesing for a set. Yesterday I received them, 6 thru PW with senior graphite shafts and midsize grips. As we've all said, they are BEAUTIFUL. Going to the range today and playing them tomorrow.

View attachment 9080620

View attachment 9080621

View attachment 9080622

View attachment 9080623

View attachment 9080624

Them are purty!

A few years ago my buddy bought a set of W/S irons, graphite shaft in senior flex, as a previous year's release on closeout at a local golf shop. He hits the living dog snot out of these irons! Sorry, but I can't quote model since I have forgotten, and there are probably none of them available anymore.

What confused me was that he showed up with the Wilson's, played really good golf, and then stuck his old Callaway's back in the bag, and resumed playing "semi-good" golf again! I asked him why he did that, and he told me that he "couldn't feel the clubhead" with the Wilson's. I asked him why he would care since he played much better golf with the Wilson's than the Callaway's! He eventually went back, and resumed waxing my a** on a regular basis! I should have told him to play the Callaway's!

View attachment 9080620

View attachment 9080621

View attachment 9080622

View attachment 9080623

View attachment 9080624
How have you been hitting them?
I saw a testing video of the regular D9 irons - Ball Go Far!

I tried to hit a few to warm up with these a couple days, and it was just so... Wilson. Lol There were no shafts in the cart that fit me decently. Chose one to try to make it work, and the grip was basically done. Probably from limited shaft selections making it just get used a ton. Grabbed a glove, tried to punch a few to get loose and get used to the shaft, and basically unenjoyed things enough at that point that I just put it all away and hit something less annoying. Despite them still looking and feeling pretty good. Said something to a buddy about it, he said he doesn't work for them anymore, we chuckled and life moved on. It's such a shame. They make good clubs, they just don't seem to care a lot about them.

Last edited:
How have you been hitting them?
I saw a testing video of the regular D9 irons - Ball Go Far!

Loving hitting these forged D9 irons with the 70 gram recoil dart shafts Iceman. I think the cast D9 irons go a little farther, but these forged D9's are pure butter hitting them. I've started hitting the 6 and 7 irons as well instead of the 6 and 7 hybrids. So glad I got the senior graphite shafts.

Got mine in today. Won't be able to get out with them for a few days, tho ☹

I tried to hit a few to warm up with these a couple days, and it was just so... Wilson. Lol There were no shafts in the cart that fit me decently. Chose one to try to make it work, and the grip was basically done. Probably from limited shaft selections making it just get used a ton. Grabbed a glove, tried to punch a few to get loose and get used to the shaft, and basically unenjoyed things enough at that point that I just put it all away and hit something less annoying. Despite them still looking and feeling pretty good. Said something to a buddy about it, he said he doesn't work for them anymore, we chuckled and life moved on. It's such a shame. They make good clubs, they just don't seem to care a lot about them.
Very interesting insight. With so many other product lines maybe they are spread thin??

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Got the clearance to unquarantine... After embarrassing myself on the range (hosel rockets and topped balls), said f**k it and played 9...that solved the problem.

They are 1.5* stronger than my ZX7's and that extra was good for another 10-15yds even with me being a little conservative after the range debacle... Going from recoil 95's to KBS lites probably has something to do with that, tho

Greens were soft so holding greens probably had more to do with that but I was getting higher ball flights...

Buttery soft. Long. I'm verklempt.

They look fantastic, feel fantastic'er and are plenty long.

I'll have to get on a sim to see what's what but these are fun. Just criminally overlooked and underrated.

20220617_193005.jpg

Man I hit these today with DG 95 S300 and loved the look and feel. That shaft is 100% something I would not play or have interest in but it started a ponder on how good these could be with a proper shaft. No fitting cart options at PGASS so I see why @OldandStiff moved on from these. But my soft spot for W/S is well documented here and ponder engaged

Man I hit these today with DG 95 S300 and loved the look and feel. That shaft is 100% something I would not play or have interest in but it started a ponder on how good these could be with a proper shaft. No fitting cart options at PGASS so I see why @OldandStiff moved on from these. But my soft spot for W/S is well documented here and ponder engaged

I was surprised (well, not that surprised) at how aggressive I got with these... 7i is a 160-165 carry with the ZX7's, I was going at 185yd pins and getting 175-180 outta these. Very fun. And yes... I need to know more

Honeymoon begins...

Back