Will Callaway take minority stake in Jon Rahm LIV team? 🤔

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10

I honestly think it would be a great move for them. If LIV doesn’t adopt the ball rollback they would be able to push forward with full force as they already are.

I want Callaway to go with it so bad and get the other oems to jump in the fray and get the kind of competition and team loyalties and rivalries we all deserve.

I want Callaway to go with it so bad and get the other oems to jump in the fray and get the kind of competition and team loyalties and rivalries we all deserve.
This!

Will or has?

The TaylorMade team can be The Speed Police!

I think this is a very difficult business decision for them. My guess is they wanted the opportunity to allow the minority stake to happen, but are running the decision up the flag pole to see the blow back they could receive.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Callaway were to take the minority share, but in a different brand name like Ogio or Top Golf. Get the benefits without using the name Callaway

The TaylorMade team can be The Speed Police!

I'd want to be on Ping's team!

"Team forgiveness"

Forgive us, for we have taken the money! :)

Ping would be team "Bleeding Ears GC".

Honestly, it has a nicer ring to it then the crushers!

I would buy that hat for sure.

Or TaylorMade team can be Team Rocketballz-ier. TaylorMade will never live this commercial down for me. Too cheesy and funny. 😂

If LIV is around in 7 years and not part of the pga I'll eat a shoe.
This doesn't seem that far out of line based on some of your food takes.

I think this is a very difficult business decision for them. My guess is they wanted the opportunity to allow the minority stake to happen, but are running the decision up the flag pole to see the blow back they could receive.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Callaway were to take the minority share, but in a different brand name like Ogio or Top Golf. Get the benefits without using the name Callaway
I wonder what the blowback really would be at this point. Even the PGA tour (commissioner) has done a complete 180 on his LIV stance early on.

I wonder what the blowback really would be at this point. Even the PGA tour (commissioner) has done a complete 180 on his LIV stance early on.
I still hear people in public that just will not accept LIV. Plus, does Callaway want protest even saying the name Callaway?

Disney had an image to keep and would never release an R rated movie for the longest time. So, they created Touchstone as a label to do this.

Callaway already has many such sub-labels they could use.

I keep reading that Rahm was granted an equity position in Callaway as part of his last contract. Does anyone know what that means? Callaway/Topgolf is a publicly traded firm. If I chose to I could get an equity position in Callaway. I assume there was some sort of stock options or grant that were part of the deal. If someone looked hard enough to could they find what that was.

I figured Callaway wouldn’t drop Rahm if he went to LIV. It will be interesting to see if Callaway makes an investment in his team.

Let’s see if they make changes to the format which Rahm said was a problem for him. 72 to 96 player fields, cut after 36 holes to 54 players so you can shotgun on the weekends and LIV still makes sense. Then you could make a good case for OWGR points.

I haven’t loved what I watch of LIV but for the money they are throwing around who can blame him.

If LIV is around in 7 years and not part of the pga I'll eat a shoe.
They will have likely accomplished their goal before then, and it won’t be called LIV.

Safe bet 👌

I keep reading that Rahm was granted an equity position in Callaway as part of his last contract. Does anyone know what that means? Callaway/Topgolf is a publicly traded firm. If I chose to I could get an equity position in Callaway. I assume there was some sort of stock options or grant that were part of the deal. If someone looked hard enough to could they find what that was.

I figured Callaway wouldn’t drop Rahm if he went to LIV. It will be interesting to see if Callaway makes an investment in his team.

Let’s see if they make changes to the format which Rahm said was a problem for him. 72 to 96 player fields, cut after 36 holes to 54 players so you can shotgun on the weekends and LIV still makes sense. Then you could make a good case for OWGR points.

I haven’t loved what I watch of LIV but for the money they are throwing around who can blame him.
I’ve worked at a couple companies where we had brand ambassadors that were granted equity. Typically normal option or RSU with 48 month/with 12 month cliff. I don’t recall if it was a blend of iso and rsu. I would imagine it’s a blend of the two to incentivize him to help grow the brand with ISO and just give him cash when the RSU vest if he just want to sell and get the cash.

I do not know specifically with him though.

Back