Who would you like to see win a major next?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With the 2 most iconic players of the current generation winning a major in the last couple years, it got me thinking.

Who would be another great story to win a major be?

Jordan, Rory, and Rickie are the ones that come to mind, for me.

Rory.. Or heck seeing Phil get a US Open at Torrey would be pretty amazing., Not sure what we saw at Kiawah translates to Torrey but maybe..

I'd love to see Rory back in the major winners circle

Rickie, Finau, Rory, Jordan, Phil, Tiger, Leishman, so many! I’m a fan of most of the guys out there in on way or another.

Finau. I'd like him to get the monkey off his back.

I think I'd like to see Tony Finau do it. That wouldn't be too odd with his skill. But I think it would be amazing considering his track record of finishing a tournament. It would be fun to watch and life changing for sure.
My second pick would be perhaps Matt Kuchar. Lots of wins, lots of top 10's, lot's of money but never the big one.

Well, as always, I'd like to see some guy rise up from the depths of average-ness, and play out of his mind for 4 days. Give me a Harold Varner.

Another vote for Phil getting the US Open this year. I'm not putting any money on it, but I really don't know what could be a bigger story.

A final Sunday pairing of Bryson and Brooks tied for the lead would make for great television.

But to answer the question, I'd like to see Lee Westwood or Rickie win one next

1. Rickie
2. Rickie
3. Anyone but Brooks

Who do I want to see win a major? Webb, Chuck Hoffman, and Kisner are the guys I would most like to see win a major.

For golf in general it would be good for Rory to get back in the winner's circle.

Finau and Fowler, and Abraham Ancer - he seems like a good guy.

Last edited:
Rickie, Finau, Tiger, Homa, Kis and Xander.

Rickie, Finau, Tiger, Homa, Kis and Xander.
Phil at the U.S. Open to finish out the Career Grand Slam. Otherwise it’s Rickie followed by Hovland and Zalatoris.

Phil at the U.S. Open to finish out the Career Grand Slam. Otherwise it’s Rickie followed by Hovland and Zalatoris.
Was just about to post this exact sentiment. Get the slam - and I am not even a big Phil Phan - I don't like or dislike.

Ricky, if anyone NEEDS to win one it's Ricky. Jordan, Finau, Bryson and there are others that I'm not thinking of right now but those four are the guys I'd really love to see get one or another one.

I’d be happy with quite a few people to win a major but my top pick is always going to be Rickie. I want him to break through so bad

Woodland, Finau, Rory

Patrick Reed.

1.Tiger
2. Speith
3. Fowler
4. Finau
5. Mickelson

honorable mention: Rory, Brooks, Bryson, Hovland, Wolff, Westwood

I would like to see Rickie get his game together and get a major I think Rickie is good for the game. I would also love to see Jordan win another one I think he is close and would be surprised if he doesn't win another one soon but winning majors is hard.

Rickie or Rory....but I'd love to see Phil win the US Open just to cap it all off and give him all four Majors finally.

Patrick Reed.

forgot about him. If he won another there would be a big buzz.....and it just so happens he plays Torrey Pines very well......

Back