Who plays the most golf?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
This is a simple thread in that I want to see who of our members plays the most golf in a calendar year. I know we have a good mix of young, middle aged and wise members so I'm sure there will be some interesting numbers.

I see guys like Vman who seems to take trips every week. Or young guys like JT that play a scarce amount in comparison. Please share with us how much golf you play in a given year.

On average I plan around 30 rounds a year with a shortened northern golf season.

I played seven 18 hole rounds. Between April 17th and October 12th.

More 9 hole rounds. More than 20 of those.

I played somewhere around 20 rounds this year. I was at the course more often but I can usually only squeeze in 9 holes.

I couldn't give an exact number of rounds, probably somewhere around 20, but this year I have probably averaged 2-3 rounds a month, sometimes I have played more one month but then not as much the next (eg when away on holiday), which was not as much as I liked due to my injury in January

This started around the beginning of April when I was first fit enough to manage to swing the clubs and will most probably end next week, although I do try to get to the range whenever I can after work during the week

Around 50 - 60 rounds per year.

JM

10 Years living in FL probably 60-80 a year. After moving back northward, don't think I managed 10 rounds last year. Goal this year is to increase that.

Once I'm back to full fitness I'll be playing upwards of 90 rounds a year. Every Saturday, most Sundays and who knows how many 9 hole rounds?

123 since January 1st

My money is on Lefty to be the guy that plays the most. I'll be in the 90 - 100 rounds range when the year is over. Did that last year as well. Prior to then I was 40-60 a year.

Living in Mass I am at 54 rounds since March and I will be out there until the snow flies

Definitely not northerners! But anyways I would say that I have played about the equivalent of 50-18 hole rounds. Most ever for me and that's mostly between May and August.

A lot more range sessions than ever before as well.

I'm probably only in the 10-15 18 hole rounds range, with another 15-20 9 hole rounds. Limited number and quality of courses, and two smallish kids pretty much keeps me from playing more than that even if the desire was there.

May thru Sept, at least 3 full rounds a week, with at least 2 sets of 9 holes.
Rest of the year, average one round a week.

So looking at 100ish round equivalent.

I should be a much higher standard than I am when looking at that!!

I play with a group of guys that go out every Saturday. I'm usually good for 2-3 rounds each month. Work and family permitting, I try to play 4-5 times a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

normally if I play about 15 rounds it would be alot. However I have played about 45 rounds this year basically tripling any other year. The wife isnt too happy about that :)

I play 2 to 6 times per week if you count the 3 to 5 times per month I spend on the range and putting green, that would be counting playing in scrambles, best ball tournaments and just practice rounds where I hit more than one ball or play with a friend and we don't bother to keep the score. I would guess I play anywhere from 125 on a slack year to 200 rounds per year on a good year, depending on weather and family obligations. In fact, I am heading out in just a few minutes for a round.

This is a simple thread in that I want to see who of our members plays the most golf in a calendar year. I know we have a good mix of young, middle aged and wise members so I'm sure there will be some interesting numbers.

I see guys like Vman who seems to take trips every week. Or young guys like JT that play a scarce amount in comparison. Please share with us how much golf you play in a given year.

Love your use of the term "wise members" Freddie because I certainly qualify in that age group. I can't say how many rounds I play per year off hand, but I will check when I get back on Thursday to see how many I've posted. It's in excess of 100 for sure. Back problems limit me somewhat. As for golf trips/outings I only went on 14 this year and sadly, only 4 were THP related; would have been more but there were some THP outings I couldn't get into. I hope to change that ratio in 2014. It seems the older I get the more golf trips I take. As the wife has told me, no telling how much longer my health will allow it, so enjoy it while you can. (I think she really just likes to get me out of the house).

I would guess 75-100 per year. Rarely play 9 holes, once I'm out then try to get the full 18.

I probably average a round, either 18 or 9, a week and get to the range once a week as well during the season.

Taps away

I've probably play 50 18 hole rounds and about15 9 hole rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've posted 91 scores so far this year according to GHIN so I'm somewhere around 100 rounds. Two years ago I posted 150+ rounds. I probably won't play anymore this year as I'm nursing a bad back.

I had about 25 rounds (a mixture of 9 and 18) this past year. Planning on more next year.

Probably 50-60 for me. Some weekends I play twice, some weekends not at all.

This should be an interesting thread. This is the first year I've kept track, but I've done it by holes, not rounds.

As of today, I've played 882 holes, or the equivalent of 49 eighteen hole rounds. I'm in two 9 hole leagues a week though, so that "round" number is really a lot higher.

My goal is to hit 1,000 holes. Being in Upstate NY, I think that number sounds incredible. I'm playing 18 this afternoon, and have 54 holes scheduled for the Gauntlet, so I just need to find three more 18 hole rounds before the snow falls and I'm there.

Back