Who is the Best "All Around" Equipment Company?

I have to completely disagree with this statement. Personally, I feel as though Adams drops the ball in the iron department. Yes, the release tons of stuff but they don't have as many options. Tell me what their GI, cavity back offering was in 2010. You can't, b/c they don't have one. They make awesome hybrids and their irons are looking better and better. However, what iron set do they have that falls in between the V3 Hybrid/Iron set and the CB2's? I wish they would make the V3's in an iron only set and a hybrid/iron set. I like the direction that Adams is going with their styling and aesthetics but they do have gaps in their offerings.

The A7 set was considered their GI set in 2010. It was a fantastic set that was overlook in my opinion. What option do you want between the CB2 and the V3? CB2 is a GI cavity and the V3 is a SGI. Granted, their players cavity, which is supposed to be the CB1s, is a little weak. They get overlooked by too many golfers because they're not TM or Callaway. Adams deserves more consideration than they get.

Honestly, I feel like the answer to this question can change yearly based on the current equipment offerings. Right now only looking at the 2011 gear, I'd tend to put Cleveland/Srixon/NC on top of the pack simply because of their amazing shaft offerings in their drivers/woods/hybrids, plus their CG16 irons & wedges seem to be top notch. Srixon has a great driver of their own, they have a wide range of balls very good balls.

If you want to talk larger than this year, I'd probably lean towards Taylormade and even Callaway as being 1/2 simply because of the large range of gear they offer to players of all skill levels.

I'm going with Cleveland. Can't wait to get to a demo day and try out the new drivers. That's pretty much the only club in my bag that isn't cleveland on a regular basis. Putters are in and out and Cleveland classic VIII is the one I use the most.

I really don't think I can choose just one brand. Taylormade is #1 with woods (TP Burner 9 degree, TP Burner 3 wood, TP Rescue 17 degree), I absolutely love my Mizuno irons (MP68) , Titliest is king of golf balls (ProV1x), the vokeys are unbeatable (54 degree, 60 degree), and I have never hit a putter that feels as good as a Scotty Cameron (Newport).

boy, all around, it's really tough to beat sri (cleveland/srixon/never compromise) the new xv ball is unbelievable.

Can anybody truly be considered the best all around if they dont have each piece of gear? And if that is the case, should they need to have shafts too?

Can anybody truly be considered the best all around if they dont have each piece of gear? And if that is the case, should they need to have shafts too?

Good point JB. There are just so many different pieces of gear out there and not every company offers each and every one of them.

that would pretty much only leave the Cleveland/Srixon family right?

does TM make shafts?

Well I kind of associated it with the shafts they get since you dont see to many of there stock shafts go in other drivers (blur, XCon, TM TP Motore, etc). Just like Cleveland/Srixon doesnt make shafts, Miyazaki does.

Well I kind of associated it with the shafts they get since you dont see to many of there stock shafts go in other drivers (blur, XCon, TM TP Motore, etc). Just like Cleveland/Srixon doesnt make shafts, Miyazaki does.

You dont see Fujikura and Matrix in other companies?

Miyazaki is owned under the same umbrella as Cleveland, Srixon and Never Compromise.

I am going to have to go with TM! I think that they cater to all playing abilities, which is very important! Their marketing is far better than any other company, IMO! They have more options for more golfers than most companies. Ping is a good one too. They are also geared towards all skill levels as well! So I give the nod to TM, minus their putter line, which I can not form an opinion about because I have never played with one!

Miyazaki is owned under the same umbrella as Cleveland, Srixon and Never Compromise.

Blur is stock for Cobra S3 right? Matrix Xcon for Adams F11(i think)

Well I meant they make "special" shafts for all of the TaylorMade drivers that you dont see in other drivers. So thats why I associated TM as having shafts.

Didnt know they were owned under Cleveland/Srixon/Never Compromise.

Blur is stock for Cobra S3 right? Matrix Xcon for Adams F11(i think)

Didnt know, my fault.

So TM doesnt have an actual shaft company under there umbrella with them, right?

So TM doesnt have an actual shaft company under there umbrella with them, right?

No, most of their stock shafts seem to be Fujikura and Matrix recently.

Back