Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Austin Matthews

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

MH

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks like it is coming down to the wire, who do you have walking away with the Hart this year and why? You have Kikita Kucherov leading in points followed closely by Nathan McKinnon and Connor McDavid. If McDavid didn't have such a slow start i'm pretty sure the points race would be over by now, however he has been on fire the last half of the season and is one assist away from a milestone that only 3 other players have reached. Of course Gretzky has hit 100 assist 11 times but Lemieux and Orr only once. With 6 games remaining McDavid will be adding his name to the list and with that he has my vote for MVP. Also adding Austin Matthews as he has a chance to hit 70 goals this year.

happy ice hockey GIF by NHL

Reactions: MH
If Matthews hits 70, that’s my vote. Otherwise it’s Kucherov.

Feels like McKinnon to me although I’d like to see it go to Matthews

Screenshot_20240409-214928.png
Oddsmakers are not wrong often.

Celebrate Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Kucherov not winning this would be a crime. The team would be bottom 10 in the NHL without him.

It’s funny watching CO try everything to get their guy on top in points though. It looked like the Kobe scoring game last time rather than a hockey team trying to win. And he’s still behind haha

I’m going with Kucherov. He has been the most valuable player to his team this season.

I can’t see the Kuch gifs without hearing in my head the crowd and PA announcer at Amelie Arena say his name. The crowd does the “Kooooch” part.
I do the “Kooooch” part every time I post a gif.

Kucherov not winning this would be a crime. The team would be bottom 10 in the NHL without him.

It’s funny watching CO try everything to get their guy on top in points though. It looked like the Kobe scoring game last time rather than a hockey team trying to win. And he’s still behind haha
Coming from someone who knows sports this is crazy talk. Without MacKinnon this team is St. Louis, outside of the playoffs. The second statement is the crazy part. He doesn't care about the scoring title (Kuch will win that). He wants to win and all his points come from normal flow of the game which he's drives as the top center.
No crime in losing a dead heat to a guy with more goals, more game winning goals, much better +/-, all while playing a strong two way game. And with 3 more points he will break the franchise record held by Peter Stastny for 42 years.

MCKinnon scores his 50th for the first time in his career and McDavid possibly missing some games now due to a lower body injury.

I don’t way the Lightning unless they are playing Edmonton. Went to a TB game last year and Kucherov just floated around. Sounds like he’s having a career year and will also hit at 100 assist. Will be interesting who actually gets it

I don’t way the Lightning unless they are playing Edmonton. Went to a TB game last year and Kucherov just floated around. Sounds like he’s having a career year and will also hit at 100 assist. Will be interesting who actually gets it
I mean he is in total points, but he had 113 last year and a few years before that I think it was 130. This is the 4th or 5th time he has eclipsed the 100 point mark.

I mean he is in total points, but he had 113 last year and a few years before that I think it was 130. This is the 4th or 5th time he has eclipsed the 100 point mark.
No doubt he is a good player, not a lot of exposure up here in the Pacific diversion and the only time I did see him live he just floated

Back