Staff member
Reaction score
Two different golf balls.
Both hit with a 7 iron.
What are you playing?

73559602146__AA9100DF-EC48-4EDF-8DD5-DABFCE8CACB1.jpeg

For me, ball two.

Give me the spin.

The bottom one, I’m assuming that’s off mats but I’ll take more spin with my irons all day.

The blue dispersion pattern looks tighter.

Ball #2

Bottom. Speed, better launch, and the spin all are more ideal for me.

I'm thinking spin is king a lot of the time after you get away from the top of the bag. Ball 2.

Ball 2 for me as all I am hearing is spin these days…especially off the irons!

Ball one because of the distance.

Strictly on that, ball 1. Consistency on every std. deviation. It seems automatic

Everyone seems to want speed and spin but I'll take that tighter dispersion on ball 1.

I would lean ball 2 also. The distance difference is close and you get more spin.

I'd go ball 1 due to the consistency.

My preference would be ball #1 for the spin help.

Here is where I am confused. I always interpreted that spin will help your distance control. I see that the higher spin here was a tad shorter and stopped quicker but the data also shows Ball 1 was more consistent. Obviously sample size and the person hitting the ball makes a difference but from that data I would say ball 1 but I think if more shots were taken then ball 2 would come out on top because this person doesn't need the added distance with lower spin.

Correct anything I am saying that is wrong.

Ball 1 for me. I'm sure the descent angle is plenty steep due to the extra launch and speed. The standard deviation is ridiculous.

ball #2 the first is too low spin.

I'll take ball #1. That consistency is exceptional!

I think the consistency of ball #1 would get the nod with the numbers shown. That said, I'd be curious the peak height difference. I like that ball #2 stopped quicker and I may give up the consistency if I know it will stop quicker when I do hit the green.

Strictly on that, ball 1. Consistency on every std. deviation. It seems automatic
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I think I’d go with what i preferred the feel of. It’s getting there but doing it differently. I prefer the slightly lower launch.

Back