Where's the proper place to stand while others are teeing off?

I've been known to hide behind the closest large object at times depending on who's on the tee. Otherwise I stand at the back of the tee box on whatever side the path is on.

If you're playing with me, chances are you will be safe in the middle of the fairway. If not, I usually hang out cart side.

Just not in front of me, and I prefer if you don't put my ball in your shadow. Other than that it's all good, let's play. :golf:

I have played with some who are touch about this, but I am not. As long as people aren't talking loudly or moving around too much I am usually too focused on hitting the ball to notice. If they are behind me and watching for the ball all I can say is thank you.

I try to stand out of the way of the person hitting and that usually means behind their right shoulder and so I am not visible in their peripheral vision. I admit I am touchy about this myself as I can feel distracted by the smallest movements or chatter.

I feel lucky that I'm not really bothered by where someone is standing while I'm hitting. When my eye is on the ball and I can't see anyone, its good. Same can be said of a little noise. I don't seem to notice. In my mens league everyone is on the first tee waiting on their partners as groups that are ready tee off and it is always a little noisy. Its never bothered me I guess.
No one shut up when I played basketball in school and I could still shoot. I could still throw the baseball or softball when everyone is yelling. Golf isn't a whole lot different for me.

wow, that would have sucked!!! I was in the fairway one day waiting for a playing partner, I was about 50 yards ahead and WAY left of him. Of course he hooks it right at me. I about shat

lmao!
this group had just teed off and were in the fw waving me thru
3 guys were way right and 1 guy was way left... the 3 guys were paying attention to my teeshot and the one guy on the left wasnt
well obviously they anticipated a slice... guess they didnt know i hooked balls and one was on its way to their buddy on the left and woke him up really quick
i yelled fore and his three buddies were yelling at him hahaha

personally i never stand anywhere the ball might hit me so im wayyy back and off to the side

in front of or next too. and be still and quite as possible.

i try and stand as close to them as i can so that they hit e with there club!!!! jkjk but i just try and stand far enough away so that they dont notice me

Back