What's the farthest you've travelled for a concert?

ryang13

Wristy McWristFace
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.0 GC
Spurred on by a discussion with Mrs. G. One of my favorites is playing a city a few hours away on their fall tour but not here, and I'm waffling on driving 6 hours round-trip to go see them. What's the farthest you've traveled for a concert, and who did you go see?

I've never really gone more than a couple hours... I have a good buddy who used to travel up & down east coast going to DMB concerts. Have another friend who has gone to the Mexico resort show a couple times.

Arlington to Dallas, so about 25 miles lol
Went to go see The Piano Guys - a pretty cool show!

Have driven several times to see shows that are about 2 hours away from me in either Boston or NYC. Last one was RATM at MSG. Others were in Mass. Slipknot, Mudvayne and a couple other shows I can't think of right now. So would be 4 hours round trip. I could easily do 3 for the right band.

932 miles, from Jacksonville to New York to take my wife to see Sara Bareilles

Arlington to Dallas, so about 25 miles lol
Went to go see The Piano Guys - a pretty cool show!
I'm lying! I actually went from Arlington to San Antonio to go watch the famous Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlán.
Amazing performance! This was a few years back.

Probably about 2 1/2 hours each way to see Tom Petty in Reno, NV.

When we lived in SoCal: 2 hours to Indio for the first year of the Stagecoach Festival. 4 hours to Las Vegas to see Brad Paisley.

Actually, there was one other that was considerably longer. I still lived in SoCal, but was working in the Sacramento area for a few months and went home one weekend to see The Rolling Stones at Anaheim Stadium, so about 7 hours each way. Of course I did a lot more on that trip home for the weekend than go see The Stones, but I might not have made the trip if it weren't for the concert.

Back in the day the wife and I followed a band around and thought nothing of flying to Miami or New Orleans or driving to Virginia (8 hrs) to see them.
Nowadays, we drive a lot to NYC (3.5)!to see shows and think nothing of it, but it’s also our driving limit to see a show now.

Drove to San Antonio once specifically for a concert, which 450 miles round trip

Spurred on by a discussion with Mrs. G. One of my favorites is playing a city a few hours away on their fall tour but not here, and I'm waffling on driving 6 hours round-trip to go see them. What's the farthest you've traveled for a concert, and who did you go see?
Is there a chance you could make a date overnight of it? A little almost staycation/road trip for some alone time together?

My wife and I went 1500 miles each way so she could see her favorite, Olivia Newton John in Las Vegas

Longest I have driven from my home was a road trip to Vegas from the Bay Area to see DMB. I mostly tagged along just for the road trip though. I'm not going to put a lot of time traveling to see a band at this point of my life.

2,936 Kilometres (1,824 Miles).

Went down to catch a Pearl Jam show. It was epic.

Me, NoVA to Philly for Live Aid. That was a convert to end all concerts!
Oh wait! Charleston to MSG for Billy Joel

2,936 Kilometres (1,824 Miles).

Went down to catch a Pearl Jam show. It was epic.
That’s our furthest too! We flew to Amsterdam. Epic. ( didn’t include it in the original post because we built a vacation around it so it doesn’t technically count)

Going to see PJ in Minneapolis in September. That'll be about 5 hours. I've done it in the past for other bands as well.
Best live band on earth right now imho.

Eight or nine hours back in college. Went from Missoula to Portland see Papa Roach, Finger Eleven and (I think) Pop Evil. Ended up being a two day trip and was totally worth it

Drove to Nashville from Louisville (2:30) to see the Foo Fighters.

Is there a chance you could make a date overnight of it? A little almost staycation/road trip for some alone time together?
Well, there's a slight hiccup here - it also happens to be Mrs. G's & our youngest son's birthday (they share a birthday) the next day, and that little chestnut might throw a wrench into this whole operation. The last time I took Mrs. G out to a romantic concert date it was Slayer, and she spent most of the show doing this:

Louisville from Cincinnati area. Made a weekend out of it.

Back